We have just returned from a 1 week holiday at the tropitel hotel naama bay.
I thought i'd write this as i based my own decision to book this hotel after reading reviews on this website.
This hotel is in a perfect location. it is near the beech (1 minute walk across the road) and is on the doorstep of all the shops, cafes and restaurants.
The rooms are cleaned to a high standard and are pleasant enough. however the bathrooms could do with some touching up and some attention. the shower had no pressure and the tiles needed grouting.
that said the room we stayed in had its own patio area and the gardens are beautifuly maintained and clean. this is a huge resort with 7 swimming pools. ask for a room at the rear of the resort if you want to stay away from the noise of the local area and entertainment.
food was buffect style in one restaurant. the other restaurants are seperate concessions and you pay extra for these. good selection of food but the food was almost the same everday. breakfast lacked fruit. avoid the restaurant manager at all cost as he is very rude and will be-little you if you ask for any assistance. that said the waiters are friendly.
food is not really upto 5 star standard but acceptable. no seafood like prawns. also the snacks in the daytime are usually just cakes.
my main criticism is the service from the reception staff. reception staff are very rude. we had to change rooms on the first day due to really noisy neighbours who were banging the doors and partying till 5am. the recepstion staff kept telling us to come back at 9.30 then 11.30 then 13.30 and really couldn't care less and treated us like we were an inconvenience.
also when we questioned the bill at the end of the stay the reception staff was were rude.
to sum up, if you want a real 5 star experience go stay at the marriot or hilton or novotel. but if you on a budget and still want a great location with food and rooms that are ok then stay here. if you get a good price then its worth puting up with the ok food and poor service due to nice gardens and excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the world's repute resort destination of Sharm El Sheikh, Tropitel Naama Bay is the cornerstone of its most famous of bays, offering breathtaking views of the warm Red Sea and the golden Sinai mountains, yet, a split of a second away from the exceptional dining and nightlife attractions of Naama Bay. With an impressive collection of alluring restaurants and cool bars, pristine beachfront and modern stylish rooms as well as numerous leisure facilities, Tropitel Naama Bay blends cosmopolitan architecture with warm Egyptian hospitality to deliver you an experience which is second to none. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Tropitel Naama Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropitel Naama Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tropitel Naama Bay Resort