First impressions of the Baron were good, the lobby looked stylish and clean, and it was the same with our room. The staff were polite, always communicated with you and smile. Some would to go that extra length like the towel man who would come round and polish your sun glasses or ask to see if you wanted your parasol up or down. The food was always good, there is so much to choose from morning, noon and night. A la carte restaurants are around the complex too such as an indian or italian which require booking to eat there. We found these to be very good, i particularly enjoyed the indian being a fan of the food back home. Tipping is your discretion, we waited to the end of our holiday to decide who to tip. There is also a market down the end of the hotel situated between our hotel and the Baron Palms next door. You will find these shop owners will try and entice you in their store but not aggressively. We purchased a couple of things and don't be afraid to say no to an order like we did as what we ordered was not to our liking and the shop keeper excepted that. It would not be a review if i did not list a couple of bad things such as a friend of ours stepped on some broken glass in the sand on the beach, but we do not blame the hotel for this as we don't expect them to scour the whole beach, but the staff attended to his foot and gave a small gift in their room. Sharm El Sheikh has a reputation for upset stomaches and unfortunately my partner had this on her 5th day and still has it now (6 days later). We cant say where or what caused it as we did not drink any tap water, we even used bottled water to clean our teeth. My partner said it did not ruin her holiday but it restricted her from a couple of activities. I would not let that put you off though as it seems where ever we go in the world one of us seem to get a dodgy stomach. In all we loved the hotel, i love snorkelling and found this place to be the best i have seen, with our own jetty leading out to the coral reef i was in my element. Its a great place to stay and we would definitely go back there if we were going to Sharm again.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.