Visited this hotel with my wife and 2 kids and even though we enjoyed the stay i cant see how this hotel has so many excellent reviews.Firstly you enter the hotel and they have the flowers, drums etc as you enter you really see that the guys playing the drums are bored out of their nuts. I only noticed this as it took an hour to get a room as we needed a cot in our room but this holiday was booked 5 months prior. The nicest staff in the hotel are the Filipino girls in the lobby and the Egyptian guys at the bar just off reception. Once we got to our rooms they were very nice and clean and kept clean throughout but they need to change the carpets in the hallways as they stink. Kids club was a joke as the staff were deciding what they were doing with the kids as we were dropping them off and they looked shattered 2 hours later as they were in the sun at 34 degrees so didn't take my kids back there. they enjoyed the mini disco but it was the same thing with the same songs every single night but the entertainment in the amphitheatre at 9.30 pm was always varied. The food was ok in the main restaurant, the pool restaurant being better, but the taj mahal indian restaurant was awesome and unsurprisingly always booked out. One thing, I found the manager of the main restaurant quite anti kids and would usher them into the side restaurant where the food choice was a bit more limited even though she assured you that it was the same variety. If i ever went back to Sharm again it would be in a different hotel as i didn't feel that this hotel offered enough for kids as an overall package. It is however very good for couples and the extra freebies such as massage, snorkelling, free washing and haircut are brilliant extras. However, speaking to a few other holidaymakers, they seemed to be getting a bit bored by the end of the holiday but the nearby Soho Square is a great place to go after dinner with the great water fountain shows that they have on.
- Also Known As:
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
- Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Baron Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here, the color of turquoise is made more striking against stretches of pure golden sand. This is a simple description of what you should expect at our five-star luxury Hotel. Over 600 meters of private sandy beach, 80,000 square meters of landscape and the exotic Tiran Island few kilometers from its front scene declaring an unforgettable memory of sunset, come together to embrace the charm of Baron Resort making it ‘A Haven for Pleasure.’ This award-winning hotel combines state-of-the-art facilities, quality services and welcoming staff to cater to needs of families and couples seeking an informal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.