“Fantastic- great value and friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Nubian Island Hotel to your Saves list
Nubian Island Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #77 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Fantastic- great value and friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 weeks from 16th June and loved every minute! The bungalow was lovely with a giant 3 person sized bed which was fun! The staff were all very friendly and wind up the English people by copying accents etc which was funny. Snorkelling in rock pools and off jetty was amazing with much variety and the pools were a beautiful temperature. The food had good choice an lots of fish, not the very best quality but nothing to worry about, rather than go fancy there's always your standard chips and that, also a free of charge Italian restaurant which was lovely! Shout out to my baby Niño who was a great member of animation and was messing around with us all holiday, and Jo (chocolatey hot chocolate); Daniel and macha also really friendly! Cheers guys

• Stayed June 2014
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guests!
Thank you for taking the time to write the first review about your stay here with us.
We are delighted to read we met your expectations and you were impressed with the facilities and services we had to offer.
Great that staff made your vacation and you enjoyed our animation team. Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay.
Thank you.
Ruslana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Nubian Island at the beginning of June for 11 nights...

We had a few teething problems on arrival as we had upgraded our room to a sea view when booking, when we arrived and got to the room...we could not see the sea! The room was very spacious and clean but all in all not what we asked for. We went back to reception where the guy laughed at us when we explained our concern...soon enough the manager came out (who was lovely and polite) and upgraded us to a bungalow next to the 2nd pool and beach. We moved in the next day and we were very pleased...huge bed, clean, fab air con, close to the pool, beach and restaurants and even had it's own little garden to relax outside in!

All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you! We specially liked the guys behind the 2nd pool bar who were always on the ball with drinks, the pool guy also made sure we had the same loungers everyday with towels laid out so there was no rush in the morning to get round the pool early, also the guys in the Italian restaurant were stars!

The pool was fantastic, we spent most of our time at the 2nd pool as we made quite a few friends on our holiday and would all see each other there. This pool was busier and louder but I enjoyed it, I would maybe suggest they had a larger variety of music as it was more or less the same everyday...the songs still haven't left my head! The animation team were all lovely...especially Jo who would always make sure you was ok and happy! She answered all our questions on the first day and even lent us an adaptor for the whole 2 weeks so I could charge my phone! We did get hassled a lot around the pool to do excursions, join activities or go out on nights out so be sure to just say no straight off if your there to relax and not so much else, that's all we went there to do and after a few days we were pretty much left alone. Saying that it was always nice to be asked... We preferred spending days round the pool and not the beach, it was beautiful but a little crowed and windy! The sea was beautiful though, so many fishes swimming around your feet! We also went snorkelling which I really do recommend as it was just beautiful and the variety of fish was amazing! We heard it was maybe best to go earlier in the morning...

The food in the all inclusive was really lovely and there was always a large selection. We never struggled to find anything to eat. We spent most lunches at Barracudas which was more sea food! It's not as big as the main restaurant but we preferred that! The only negative comment I had about the buffets was that when I sat down to claim a table it took quite some time for me to order a drink and I am the kind of person who can't eat a meal without having a cold drink also. We loved the Italian and ate there for dinner twice...both experiences were lovely and very romantic! The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for you! Both evenings were very quiet and the food was fantastic, we also caught the moon coming up during our meal whilst overlooking the beach which made the evening even better! We also ate once at Barracuda for dinner which you were charged for but I would recommend once as it was well worth it!! We spent a lot of time at the top bar in the main building which was great, staff also fab and always coming over to see if you needed another drink. Great place to sit and chill and also watch the shows that are sometimes on...

The only complaint I have about this hotel is the fact that I got extremely poorly. 4 days before coming home, I woke up really really poorly and stayed this way for the entire day, so much so I couldn't leave the room. My boyfriend was also the same and I spent the whole day in bed. This continued for the last 4 days of the holiday and I couldn't ever be anywhere that wasn't in reach of a toilet! I continued to be ill for over 2 weeks after I came home and after tests at the doctors they confirmed I had salmonella poisoning! Now I really don't want to bad mouth this hotel because I had a lovely stay but I only ate outside the hotel ONCE whilst on the holiday and that was in soho square AFTER I became poorly, even then I only managed about 3 mouthfuls and was still so poorly I had to go back to the hotel. I 100% caught this from the hotel which is disappointing, even though I was extremely careful with what I ate, I cleaned my teeth in bottles water everyday, didn't eat salad or fruit and constantly used the sanitiser around the hotel. I would suggest they look into this as obviously it's extremely serious and as I am a person who already has many health issues and a low immune system it's a worry and did spoil my last days at this hotel.

All in all though I really did have a fantastic time (until I became unwell)!

Stayed June 2014
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guests!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.
We are pleased you were satisfied with your room and cleanliness - we do encourage all our guests to speak with us during the stay in particular we like to receive feedback regarding our food quality/variety as we are always looking to improve.
Please accept our apologies regarding check in and be assured this has also been shared with the relevant Management.
Also we bring our apologies concerning your health condition and hope that by now you feel well.
We hope you will return to us again in the future and see the changes we continue to make.
Once again thank you for your comments.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Me & my partner were here 12-26 June. Had a brilliant time, all the staff from the gardeners to the cleaners to the bar staff & waiters are lovely, cant do enough for you. Big shout out for Jo from the Animation team, really makes you feel welcome. Very friendly & always makes you feel like your important! Loved our stay here & we will definitely be going back, already been pricing up to go back next year!

Dear Anita!
Many thanks for a brilliant review!
We are delighted to read we met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My partner and I stayed here from the 17th to the 24th of June and had a great time the hotel was spotless, the food was good! The air con worked well wasn't "too" noisy at all in our room.
Mattress was very firm but left my back feeling great! They had the usual criers who were given mattress toppers if required!
Maged (unsure of spelling) who works in the activity pool bar was great and helped make our stay more enjoyable!

The hotels only downside for me was as so many reviews have said before... The
Russians! But their moments of exceptional rudeness, lack of manners and inability to smile or say thank you will just make you appreciate home more when you unfortunately have to go back :)

Thank you to nubian Island's tirelessly hard working staff for a great holiday!

• Stayed June 2014
Ruslana0212, Public Relations Manager at Nubian Island Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Megs L!
We are pleased that you have had a good experience, while your stay at Nubian Island Hotel, and were able to enjoy our facilities and services. Excellent marks just emphasize that.
Thank you for recommending us on your review, and we hope to see you again on your future visits to Egypt.
Hebburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

A group of 7 of us (my father, his partner, my partner, our son and daughter, our 8 month old Grandson (Jae) and myself) arrived at Nubian Island late on 17th June. We were greeted at reception with glasses of cold fruit juice which was very welcoming. Check in was smooth and rapid and we were shown to our two rooms which we had booked whilst staff brought our suitcases for us. As soon as we got into our rooms a member of staff delivered plates of fresh salad and sliced meats and a bowl of fresh fruit. A lovely touch as we had arrived too late for evening meal. The rooms were spotlessly clean and although previous comments on tripadvisor have mentioned the beds being hard. We all found them very comfortable.

The entire complex from the Front doors to the beautiful beach is kept in immaculate condition. The gardens are beautiful and clean. We concentrated on the top pool area and we loved it. Lovely to relax in a relatively quiet atmosphere around a spotlessly clean pool with an excellent bar which you can swim up to and sit at in the water. There is another pool nearer the beach where games and various other activies were going on every day for the more active but as our son quickly obtained a new nickname of "Lazy A£$e" we enjoyed the quieter pool a lot. The bar and restaurant was excellent. Although we didn't try the other two restaurants, we never had the need to dine out anywhere as there was always a good variety of lovely food for all tastes. My daughter is a really fussy eater and even she enjoyed the food so that must tell you something!!
The waiting staff in the restaurant were absolutely brilliant! So friendly and helpful at every mealtime, but special praise must go to the brilliant drinks waiter, Mata. His service was immaculate. Always grinning and as soon as he set eyes on us entering the restaurant our drinks where there for us in virtually seconds and when he saw our glasses were getting low he was back with more drinks.
Huge praise has to go to Tommy (Gaber) and Achmed, the drinks waiters round the pool area. They were like long lost friends and they looked after us like Lords and Ladies!

Last but Definately not least...... The amazing Jo from the Animation Team. What an unbelievable character. Always bubbly and always made time to go round the entire complex and have conversations with everyone, offering assistance or just to chat and laugh. Our 8 month Grandson Jae took a particular shine to Jo, as did we all! She's a huge credit to the Nubian Island Hotel. We can't speak highly enough of her!!!

Now, the comment wouldn't be complete without a mention about our 'friends' The Russians!! The most ignorant race you are likely to come across! However, as rude and obnoxious that they are, it never interfered with our brilliant holiday!!!!!

We are currently checking prices to go back to Sharm next year and without doubt it'll be the Nubian Island Hotel!!!!

Absolutely brilliant holiday from start to finish!!!

Dear Valued Guests!
Definitely we remember your great company with an absolutely angelic baby! Would like to thank you for such meticulous review, which provides lots of details and useful tips and we are looking forward to hearing form you soon. Many greetings to your father and his partner - they were always with beaming faces.
Perth,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We visited the Nubian in March for a relaxing week away in the sun. This was our first visit to Egypt and will not be our last. Unfortunately the night we arrived it was pouring down with rain the most they have had in years. When they took us and our luggage to our room there was no electricity, so we went for something to eat and some drinks. On our return to room the electric tripped again and someone fixed within 10mins. We had a great room over looking the pool near the main building it was fab, clean and comfortable. We picked a spot at the pool and then everyday the young man at the pool had our towels laid out for before we got there he simply asked at the end of day if we were coming back tomorrow x great service.... We visited the beach a couple of times but the water was a bit choppy for snorkelling of the pier however just standing off the beach the beautiful fish swim round you x it was really quiet when we visited due to people of different countries being advised not to go! We never felt in any danger at anytime. The food at the buffet was very good a lot better than I thought it would be and the staff were brilliant especially Mohamad, he always had our table and wine ready for us. We had a great week at the Nubian and would definitely return to it and Egypt in the future .. Fabulous

Room Tip: The bungalows looked great!, but rooms just as nice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guests!
First of all, many thanks for your time to write a comment - your impressions about our rain on 09.03.2014 are still bright!
Please accept our apologies regarding electric problems after the shower.
Also we are delighted to read we met your expectations and you were impressed with the facilities and services we had to offer.
Hope to meet you again and next time weather could be more delightful.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have just arrived home after a 2week stay and we had the best time ever. We arrived late on a Sunday night and the staff were so helpful and this continued through out our stay. The waiters tommy and Morsey where excellent and so was the pool boy Ahmed they were polite friendly and very helpful and always smiling. We would like to make a special mention to Jo one of the animation team she could not do enough for you she was round to check on you everyday to ensure everything was ok and I do mean everything. We have been on a number of holiday abroad but the service ,friendliness made our holiday very enjoyable. the food was very nice and everywhere was spotlessly clean and tidy. We only have one negative and that is if you require to keep your room on you are ask to pay £45.00 but you do have the use of a courtesy room for half an hour for free. Thanks for a great holiday julie and Dave from lincoln.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie and Dave!
Welcome on board - your first review in tripadvisor is highly appreciated!
As you know first but not last.
Your comments have also been shared with the staff members mentioned.
Regarding the late check out last day is really £49.00 till 19:00 and £45.00 till 18:00. Guests check availability at reception and pay accordingly.
Ruslana

Been to Nubian Island Hotel? Share your experiences!