“Some staff lovely some not so nice” 2 of 5 stars

Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #134 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Some staff lovely some not so nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wen we got there we had lovely time an staff was great however towards end of the holiday 2 very young new hotel cleaners males who I haven't seen before followed me bk to my room luckily my boyfriend was in the room cos they demanded to check the room thinking I was goin in on my own wen they seen my boyfriend there they said oh no doesn't matter I should of reported it as if girls were goin on ther own things could of been a bit worse they seem to have an obsession wiv blondes also are friends who we met there ad there wedding ring stolen of the side of there dressing table so always use the safe for everything but the pool an bar people are fab

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hani G, General Manager at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Madam,

First of all, Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel, and for mentioning that our staff are great. However we don't understand how it comes a nice staff will follow blond girls to their rooms ????, how ever even if this happened , how it comes you didn't report it madame?
Housekeeping in the corridors are distributed according to a plane, controlled by their supervisor, within a fixed time table, every one of them is responsible about 16 rooms, they never leave their corridors unless they are going the lunch break, so I dnt know from where till where they were following you???
Also for the cleaners in the public areas of the Hotel , they are not allowed to go to corridors, cause they have nothing their, security of the hotel is monitoring every body, and we decide exactly who will do what and to be where, and believe me madame, we can control this .

Again, how it comes , if that happened, you didn't report it?

As for the wedding ring that was stolen, regret very much to mention that this is a pure lie, lie and lie, and I don't understand why somebody will take from his time to go to Internet to put such lies???.

It is me the general manager of the Hotel, who is writing this response, and meanwhile I can assure you that never ever in this Hotel somebody lost a wedding ring , cause I know how every thing is going on, and also i am astonished to know that the couples reported loosing their wedding ring to you and your boy friend , and didn't report it to management, tour operator, or even to Police, I would not keep silent if I was in their place.

Once more thank you for coming, and please review what you wrote, cause it is not fair, and un-understandable.

Mr Ibrahim (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son aged 11 and I have just returned from an all inclusive 10 day trip to Sharm
Holiday Resort Hotel.We had an amazing time. The Weather was fantastic..... Being a woman on my own with my son I was a little nervous of our first visit to Egypt, however; the staff are very friendly, helpful and fun and I felt very safe and well looked after. The greeting when we arrived was friendly and a much needed refreshing drink after a long journey and hassle a free check in and bags carried to the room. Special thanks to Abrahim who made fantastic sand art to purchase and became a good friend. He was amazing with the kids who all loved him. Special thanks also to Mustafa who worked behind the pool bar and Hadaba beach, he always asked us if we were ok and nothing was too much trouble and a very funny guy.. Romany and Mustafa who looked after the pool area which was cleaned everyday were also friendly and nothing was too much trouble and ensured our towels were set out on our sun loungers every morning. Thank you to Mustafa who cleaned our room every day providing us with clean towels. The entertainment team are amazing!!! Thank you Brown, Storm and Zena for always providing fun activities around the pool including water aerobics, water polo and land aerobics, dance, yoga etc and they were amazing with the kids who loved them. There was always plenty of choice of food to eat and the dinning staff always ensured we were catered for and never a shortage of nice things to eat. A great location 5 mins from Naama bay and a free bus service to and from Hadaba beach....a cool beach....food and drinks available...a great place to snorkel off the reef!!! We took a trip to Cairo and Geeza with hassle free booking with the you travel rep...the tour guide was great... a trip to remember and defiantly recommend. An amazing holiday!! Excellent value for money....We will be returning again!!!! Sandra and Daniel miss you all very much...thanks for a great holiday!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hani G, Online Reputation Manager at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you and your son had an amazing time here.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our friendly helpful staff, cleanliness, entertainment, food, location, Hadaba beach and value for money.

We hope to see you both again on your next visit to Sharm, thanks.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed at this hotel, a family of 12 of us traveled, all rooms were next to each other and located directly at the side of the pool which was great for keeping an eye on the children, the service received was outstanding, the towels were laid out for us all every morning on the sun loungers, a fruit basket containing a selection of fruit was placed in our rooms upon arrival as this was our second visit. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis and were spotlessly clean. Our bathroom sink leaked on the 3rd day and the repair was completed within 5 mins of reporting it. The staff could not do enough for us. The selection of food was very good for all nationalities although the children's selections could be better, but we asked for french fries for the children at evening meal and this was specially made for them each evening. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will be definitely returning again next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hani G, Online Reputation Manager at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

It's great to hear that you and your family had a fantastic holiday here.
Thank you for your positive feedback about our customer service, staff, cleanliness, rooms and food.

We are so pleased to hear you will be visiting us again for the third time next year, we look forward to seeing you all then, thank you and safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Carlsberg don't do hotels but if they did this hotel would probably be the best in the world. Our 3rd visit and I can honestly say that I cannot fault this hotel in anyway whatsoever. The staff are attentive, the rooms are clean and spacious, the food is diverse offering splendid daily spreads whether its breakfast, lunch or tea. The animation team (storm and Zina) are fantastic additions to the hotel working tirelessly day and night to ensure the guests are suitably entertained.
The hotel is ideally located about 5 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the center of Naama Bay.
This hotel has more charm than the entire Sharm.
I always book my stay around the quieter pool block 900 plus.
I cannot recommend this place enough.
On each visit I have thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your review and photo,

We really value hearing from our returning guests. Also, we appreciate your positive feedback about our staff, rooms, food, entertainment and location, thank you.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sharm, safe travels!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived to lovely weather and a great welcome at the Hotel. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Natalie the Relations Manager was a very helpful cheerful front of house always ready to help any of the holidaymakers. The Guys on the main desk especially Mustafa (usually on the night shift) were very pleasant. The service in the Restaurant and in all the bars and pool bars was very good. Breakfast was our favourite meal but you could always find something to eat at meal times. The Egyptian Theme night Food was the best night of all and the food was so delicious that night! The location was great being within walking distance to Naama Bay for visiting the shops, Shisha bars etc. The Bus trip to Windy beach was very handy too in the heat of the day.The Hotel arranged buses to Hadaba and Windy beach for all the visitors which was very convenient. The two pools were different so one could relax at the Quiet pool or join the main pool to join in the activities run by the very enthusiastic Animation Team who were a very friendly group of fitness guys. The stretch classes were particularly good at 10.30 in the morning and the evening entertainment we watched was fun! Our room was very pleasant and cleaned daily with fresh towels and bedding and the beds were comfortable too. There was a very good Doctor Samy located at the Hotel who looked after all the Visitors with calm diligence and skill. All in all I would recommend this hotel for its excellent staff and location near Naama Bay. It was a great first experience of Sharm el Sheikh and we hope to return in the future. We made some lovely friends and hope to see them all again in Sharm. I would recommend the Hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Rooms by the Relaxing Pool were very comfortable and Mustafa the Pool Life guard was exceptionally h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate all of your compliments on our friendly helpful staff, service, location, Egyptian food, beaches, pools and Entertainment.

Because of the size, staff, and atmosphere here we often get review comments about people making great friends here, that is something we are proud of, and happy to hear when the guests here are relaxed and comfortable and get along well here, and friends often agree to meet again at the hotel. So we are glad you met some lovely people here too.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sharm, thank you.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is at the lower end of the price bracket but the Hotel & Location are very good. There was a resonable variety of food. You may not get free bottles of water as you would at pricier resorts but at the local supermarket you could buy 10lts for around £5 which lasted well. The quiet pool area was very nice and our room in block 9 was a lovely location with full sun on the terrace all morning. We were befriended bur two lovely cats at the quiet pool a small black female & a black & white young male soooo friendly (Say hello to them from me!!) and Mostaffa the pool man. If you want an affordable well located Hotel (bus to beach)you will not go too wrong with this hotel

Room Tip: Block 9 room 927 groung floor quiet pool area with good sun.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay here.
Thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel, the value for money, location, food, quiet pool and staff (and lets not forget the cats).

The cats are healthy and happy, and pop in from time to time although they don't technically live at the hotel, they are very clean and very friendly as you will have noticed.

Thank you again, and safe travels!
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed there with my partner a couple of weeks ago, this is the 2nd time ive stayed there, I found most of the staff very pleasant, the staff at the quiet pool were great, could not have asked for more from them, the restaurant manager we found very rude, the food was ok, could find something to eat every sitting, the hotel itself was clean, rooms ok (there was a label on the side of the bath when we got room, and it was still there when we booked out 10 days later, which shows not much cleaning was done in rooms, but rooms were comfortable. I would go back again. The only down side was the fact that it was not all inclusive at the beach which ive never known before, I thought all inclusive ment all inclusive

Room Tip: look after the staff and they will look after you. if you want a quieter time ask for rooms by quiet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your positive feedback about our cleanliness in general, pool staff and comfortable rooms.

Please let the General Manager, or Guest Relations Manager know straight away or as soon as possible if there are any issues with staff. This is very uncommon, but if there is any way we can make you feel more comfortable we are happy to do so, and that includes ensuring our staff treat all guests in a professional and friendly manner. I am not sure what the Restaurant Manager did to be considered very rude, but feel free to send an e-mail so that we can work to resolve any issues, we want you to feel completely comfortable and welcome here. The restaurant manager and restaurant staff often get compliments in the reviews, so it is both surprising and disappointing to hear this.

However, we do apologize that you were not treated as you should have been by that particular Manager, and we hope it did not affect your stay negatively. I can assure you this is not the norm, and our staff and their friendliness are complimented in 90% of our reviews.

The baths are cleaned everyday, it is on the cleaners list to do and they are trained to clean all of the room well each day. Perhaps the cleaner thought you put the label there and it was a different cleaner than the week before, or possibly the label was meant to be there for one reason or another. I can't be sure why the label was still there, but I can be sure that the cleaners clean thoroughly every day and that they do in fact clean the baths too.

It's great to hear that you would return here, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Sharm, thank you.

Been to Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!