“A superb hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Club

You added Sonesta Club to your Saves list
Sonesta Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naama Bay | 2 Sonesta Club Drive, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #102 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Arvika
“A superb hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at Sonesta Club for a week with my best friend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Very clean, nice rooms, friendly and very service minded staff. The area has many swimmingpools and the beach is also ever so nice. We had all-inclusive and were very satisfied with the food. Good varaition! The only I missed was fruit. It would be a good idea to have a compliment to all the sweets.
I am ever so grateful for the help I received when I forgot an objective for my camera. The staff in the reception did all they could to help me, and they also found a helpful guest that brought the objective to Norway. Incredible!
Thank you very much! We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Club, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Malinost

We are happy you liked our hotel and swimming pool as well as the all inclusive formula . Thank you for your nice review and hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went to the Sonesta club on the 11th feb for two weeks, after reading some mixed reviews was a little worried about what we would find. After a bit of chaos at sharm airport got to hotel, quickest check-in ever, lovely big room. Staff were so friendly, but must mention one waiter at the outside part of main restaurant, his name is Ali Fathy, so if you go make sure you say hello, he is very professional but also very funny, and just wants to make every one welcome. He is a credit to this lovely clean hotel. We enjoyed it so much we have just booked to go back in September. So dont believe all you read !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chrisian19

Thank you for your lovely review I am happy that the resort was up to your expectations and be sure we will pass on you regards to Ali , I am sure he will be delighted . Waiting to host you again soon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Me my daughter and partner stayed here in feb 2013. we had a great time, my daughter loved the pool. The staff where very friendly and could't do enough for you! The room was very clean and the man who cleaned it was really good.

If you buy souvenirs i would suggest buying them outside of the hotel as they are a lot cheaper.

We loved the food. Cant say a bad word about it. Great value for our money. We and will def be going back next year

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After reading some of the reviews below I was very wary about my stay at the sonesta, as we were 2 young girls going alone, but soon as my holiday started I loved it!
The staff in the hotel are so friendly, chatty and made me feel so welcome and can't do enough for you. The rooms are spotless and spacious, we had a a lovely view of the pool and very close to one of the bars which was great. I'm a very fussy eater but enjoyed the food and had a good choice every meal time.
We found that there was much to do and see and went snorkelling at the sisters hotels beach most days, which was fantastic so many colourful fish, deffo worth ago! We found the best time to go to the beach was around 12 when it clears a bit as its busy in the morning and all the good sunbeds are gone. There is also a small beach bar at the sonesta beach that you can use if your al inclusive.
We also arranged some trips with our rep such as camel riding, stargazing in the desert and a snorkelling boat trip which were all fantastic!
Over all my stay at the sonesta was brilliant cant say a bad word about, highly recommended to all my friends and family and will deffo be going back myself!!
Fab place fab people 10/10 :)

• Stayed February 2013
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

From the moment we got off the coach it was a welcoming atmosphere.Lovely gardens being tethered everyday by gardeners lovely clean rooms so spacious and an internal door that we could open to connect our two rooms there were 4 of us but so much space and cupboards lovely patio with chairs overlooking pool.The cleaner was so lovley he made objects out of the towels on valentines day he did a heart and sprinkled with flower petals another day a swan then a crocodile we gave him a tip at end of week he worked so hard keeping room spotless ,the restaurant was nice food different theme every night something for everyone waiters were superb even when someone drops a small crumb there they are sweeping up we had one particular waiter who looked after us his name was essem looked a bit like rio ferdinand we joked with him about it he couldnt do enough for us lovely person ,the entertainment was good most nights and adriano the dj was very friendly and we loved the music he played especially Il pulcino pio which we liked dancing to the only down side to the holiday is the pool was cold and my daughter and granson only went in twice because of this but we went to the beach a lot which is only 10 mins walk so all in all we would defo go back again and hope to later this year hopefully well done sonesta staff you all do a great job!

Room Tip: we had room 602 and 603 were quiet but not when water aerobics starts at 11am and 3pm and sometimes...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My Wife and me had there areally good Holiday (it was one Week). The Hotel was not far away from airport, so the Transfer was short. Nice Lobbyarea and spacy Room. We had a Room with view to Swimmingpoolarea and it was nice.
Especially we have to say, that the Food (Half Board) was very good - morning and evening - and large and different Choices..Swimmingpool was large and always very clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am not going to go into quite as much detail as I normally do but I am going to give an honest and open review of the location, staff, rooms and food.

Myself and my partner visited from the 13th to the 27th of December 2012 and were very happy when we arrived, not only was it a 15minute trip to Exeter Airport from home, but the transfer at the other end was only 15 minutes too....bonus.

Hotel looked very grand from the outside, staff were polite at the reception and a porter took our bags and showed us to our room.....1201....good location near to the top pool and snack bar.

The Room:

A lot bigger than we expected, bed was bigger than a king size and the balcony was very spacious. 2 good sized wardrobes and a FREE safe, that was a surprise too. Bathroom was a good size and kept very clean, the cleaner was in every day and did a brilliant job, even making some towel animals on a few occasions. On Christmas eve he even bought us a stocking around containing an orange and some fancy biscuits.

The Hotel/Pools/Grounds

The hotel was really clean, all of the time, there were guys out watering the plants and clearing things all day, they were extremely polite and chatty which was nice. The pools are great, though the top one was not being heated at the time so it was like jumping into an ice bucket....my heart nearly stopped. Having said that, we were very lucky whilst we were there, it was 30 degrees + for the entire 2 weeks, with not a drop of rain, so a cool off was occassionally welcomed. The other pools were much warmer and again they were cleaned/netted for debris every night.....they looked great at night when the lights were on.

All in all we were really impressed by the hotel and having visited the sister hotel and casino complex across the road, we were glad we chose this one, much nicer in our opinion.

FOOD

As you'll note, I never complain about the food as I believe you can always find something to eat on an AI holiday, so I am not going to start now. However the choices were quite limited on a few nights, but the staff were great, especially Esseem who seated us every night and bought our drinks etc to us, they work really hard and all get clapping and dancing if it is somebody's birthday....great fun.

The one stand out night was Christmas Eve, they really pushed the boat out, the food was amazing, the decorations they made out of bread, fruit and veg and chocolate were stunning, felt really we looked after and they couldn't do enough for you. Filled my boots that night. We both had a funky tummy for a couple of days during our trip but I think that was due to the weather being so hot and our cold british bodies didn't know what was going on for the time of the year. In conclusion, time of year probably played a part in the amount of variety, but again, still found something to eat......oooooh and the pizza at the pool bar at lunchtime is very nice......drinks are plentyful and the beer is bottle, not from a tap so that is great, keep an eye out for MO the bartender, he is a legend, though he did call me baldy for 2 weeks...but he bought us drinks to our loungers and was a really top guy......

Beach at the Sonesta Beach Hotel

Nothing to write home about, could barely see sand as they crammed as many loungers on their stretch as they could (not ideal if you are taking children who like to play on the beach). The sea was warm and the fish were nice to look at if snorkelling, however the reef has been trampled and there is really nothing left of it, so would recommend a boat trip to a better reef if you want to see better marine life.

Hints and Tips

Take pound coins, they like them as tips, a few here and there (Think I did £20 in all) are appreciated and get you that little extra service wise.

Be careful on the spirits/cocktails, they are quite generous.....beer was always cold, from the bottle and very tastey.

If you have a spa treatment early on, you will be remembered by the guy who sells them to you and he doesn't push you to do anything else, my partner found it very relaxing.

The onsite doctor is a bit funny, Em's got bitten pretty badly by mosquitos, early on, tried to get some anti hystamines for her and he wanted to give her an injection + cream, plus tablets and you had to barter the price....upset her a bit so we just said no thank you and left...there is a pharmacy just down the road on the right who were very good and all looked official.

Take Vitamin B1s for 2 weeks before you go, helps keep the Mozzies away, we forgot on this trip and both paid the price....there are mosquitos........

Get in the queue early to get through security at the airport.....they are slooooooow, took us 2 hours of queuing, which drove me mad and didn't end my holiday on quite the high I had hoped. you DON'T need a visa if staying in the Sinai area.

All in all a big thumbs up, great location, very clean, great pools (oh forgot to mention the water slides which were great fun - Hi to Chris and Sarah who we had a blast on those with) and the staff were great, would highly recommend the Sonesta Club.

So much for keeping it brief, hope it helps you though.

Andy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonesta Club? Share your experiences!