“Go Go Go!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
derbyshire
“Go Go Go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We wanted a holiday to look forward to after Christmas and booked the All Seasons Badawia after reading the positive reviews on TripAdvisor.
The weather was perfect, the hotel staff were fantastic and really couldn't do enough to help you (especially the lovely Mohamad - hopefully not too misspelt! - who manages his sunbeds and towels meticulously)
The hotel room was basic but clean and was fine for a one week stay. It was cleaned daily and it was lovely to find towel hearts/swans/flowers on our bed when we returned to our room, a very nice little touch.
The food was fine, very repetitive (just variations of rice, pasta, potatoes and some choice of meat) and we decided to eat out more than we'd wanted to just to have the change, but apart from that it was ok.
The AI drinks ended at 10pm which we'd thought would be ok but when you're there you realise it's actually quite early and does tend to cut your night short.
Overall we had a great week and definitely want to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
allseasonsmanagement, Owner at All Seasons Badawia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
Yes yes yes!!!! Come come come...:):):):)...
With respect to the issue on the food, i believe it is a matter of taste, as i eat their on a daily bases hence I can only give you my opinion and other guests feedback. A lot of the guests who have stayed in other 3 and 4 star hotels in Sharm El Sheikh have always give us high marks for our food as we are very committed to ensuring that the quality of the ingredients, the taste, presentation and believe it or not the variety are of the highest quality we can afford. With respect to variety, we always appreciate and welcome suggestions, however we are still confined to a budget based on the sales price we have to the hotel, but i think we have a good selection, of different rices, pastas, vegetable dishes, fish, chicken, meat, openly cooked items on the grill, salads and deserts. But like I said, your suggestions are always welcomed.
The reason why you feel that the night is cut short, is because time flies when you are having fun...:p
I thank you for your lovely review and constructive remarks, and we look forward to seeing you again at the All Seasons Badawia.

All Seasons Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

My partner and I stayed here all inclusive for 4 days at the end of a long site seeing trip round egypt in feb/march.
I booked this through lowcost holidays and was great value for money.
The manager Lisa is very helpful and welcoming.
Due to the recent demonstrations in egypt it was not as heaving with people as it might be on a normal year but this made it more enjoyable.
The rooms were clean but a bit basic decor wise- Unfortunately the water tank in our shower didnt work 100% so we didnt get warm showers.
The food was amazing though the chefs and staff were great and it ended up feeling like a bit of a family/friend especially for the people staying long haul.
Im sure in the peak season there would be entertainment every nite but hotel was only probably not even half full but this came in handy when it came to the pool.
The pool situation on the other hand had a bit to be desired. Although it looked great and was a great atmosphere- They have 100 rooms (2 to a room normally) and only 52 sun beds.
What i found out is that you have to PAY the pool guy to reserve you a bed for your entire stay?!? This i found annoying. If there was 52 people paying the pool guy already you wont get a bed unless someone doesnt turn up that day!!
Great if u are one of those people- not so good if u werent. I couldnt justify paying someone to have something that is your right to have as you already paid money to stay at the hotel!!
Another woman i spoke to had to get the transfers to the beach so she could use the public beach beds.
If they eliminated this OR consquently got more sun beds i think would be great.
Thats the only slight down side but everything else was great. Kareoke nights were class and its really good value for money. I would stay again.
Just dont expect Sharm to give you any egyptian feel if thats what you expect.
Its purely a resort town for all inclusives and obviously breathtaking snorkling/diving.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your comments on trip advisor, we appreciate so much your business during the tough times in February and it was very nice to see our guests come despite issues which were happening in the country during these times. Hotels such as ours needed your support, and we definitely got it, and we will never forget the guests who stood next to us. All of them..:)
With respect to the pool issue, we have made cabanas to relieve the stress of the demand on the sun beds and are looking into making a more sun beds so that all our guests can enjoy the sun and the pool. With respect to the issue that you have to tip to get a sun bed, we will look immediately into this and make sure that this comment does not occur again.
We are very happy that you would consider coming back again to the hotel and we would encourage you to come again so that you see that your feedback is appreciated and implemented when feasible and has merit.
Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor and we hope to see you back soon.

West Midlands,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

If you do not enjoy your holiday here then I think you have gone with too high expectations of a 3* holiday.If you are practical and really want to enjoy yourself you will have a wonderful time at a "great value price". Nothing is too much trouble for anyone from "The Boss",Mr.Ahmed, through "The real Boss Lisa!" and all the staff.Could mention individual staff, as they all became friends,but would be unfair as all super.GO AND HAVE A LOOK!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
allseasonsmanagement, Owner at All Seasons Badawia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your well titled review, although it is a bit of a back handed compliment about a boss and a real boss! All our managers work very hard to please our guests and so do the staff who work in their respective departments. All the managers are a very valuable asset to the hotel even though some you will see and some you won't, as some of their jobs do not entail them walking around the hotel visible to other guests.
A good owner does not look at receiving credit for the success or satisfaction of his business, he has a whole team which he chooses and manages to ensure that the company's objectives are met, and they deserve the credit for the daily efforts and recognition.

I thank you for your review and I am very happy that all our staff scored high marks in your book.

South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Hi just had an 8 day stay at the Badawia, its true the rooms look a little tired but kept nice and clean staff are all so friendly and food is good, would have no problems staying again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review, and we are truly happy that you loved your stay here at the All Seasons Badawia.
We hope you come back soon and we have no problem welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week,in a nutshell the food is appalling ,hygeine is appalling,the staff leave a lot to be desired,apart from mohammed the pool guy.As mentioned in previous bad reviews Guest manager lisa DIDNT want to hear about our complaints,ive stayed in sharm before and in three star,This place shouldnt even be rated as any sort of hotel.rooms are disgusting dated and very dirty?,One thing if you read all the managments comments on the reviews on here ,you will notice all they state is we are trying to look into things!!Or trying to rectify things and so one.But evreyone keeps saying the same ,So things arent getting rectified are they.Alls im saying is you have been warned,You go here for your holiday and you will regret it.Please feel free to message me if you need anymore info.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed at all seasons for 10 nights.
when we frist arived we did not really know what to expect the rooms could do with a bit of a makeover. but the bads were really comfy. good nights sleep. :) The food was very basic,and you cant butter you bread because hr butter is always frozen, but you get what you pay for.
There is not much going n entertament wise, so defo not for children.
The hotel is very clean and the staff are all fantastic anything you need they are there.
The all inclusive stops at 10pm wich is a bit poor because thats when the night begins.
but all in all this is a fantasic hotel and me and my boyfriend said that we would defo go back. for a relaxing holiday.

A big thank you to all the staff.
keep up the good work. :)
hope to see you all again
Leigh & Ryan

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
allseasonsmanagement, Owner at All Seasons Badawia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Dear Leigh and Ryan,
Thank you for a very positive review about our property and how you enjoyed staying there. Your points have been noted down, however I would like to mentioned that we do have 3 nights of entertainment now which include two very popular karaoke nights and one Bedouin dinner and show in our tent which is also very popular with the guests.
Also with respect to families with young children, we have just had some reviews from such families who thoroughly enjoyed staying at the hotel with their children, however i do agree that the hotel is better suited with its facilities for couples and families with older children.
Will we pass on the note of the butter to the kitchen so that you can spread the butter more easily on the bread during your meals...:):)..i know that also annoys me too..
All inclusive is upto 10pm in most hotels and it is not because to annoy our guests, but to ensure that we maintain a certain level of quality in our services and this is done on the basis of the all inclusive finishing at 10pm however upon check in you can always upgrade to an ultra all inclusive package which allows you to drink until 12pm for a very small supplement.
We look forward to seeing you back very soon, and we hope you had a safe flight back.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

May seem a strange thing to stay, but as a lone traveller, I stay, more often than not, in 5* accommodation. The place I stayed at last year in Sharm was 5* and extremely perfunctuary - the staff were efficient, but charmless. The difference with this hotel, the Badawia, is that whilst it's not luxurious, the reviews I read of it appearing a little 'tired' are perfectly correct, it is just more COMFORTABLE. The staff are REALLY friendly and can't do enough for you, Ahmed even sang on the karaoke with us! he's a real hands-on owner and it shows. It a little like going into a Witherspoons, or any other chain of pub - everything will probably be adequate, now compare that with your local, where the landlord owns the pub and takes great pride in everything he does and making you happy. That's the great difference with this hotel against, really, any other hotel I've stayed in. It just feels so homely. Ahmed sat with us one night and was telling us that this was actually his ethos - to take on staff that had a 'can-do' attitude. I say 'us' although I travelled alone. I have never made so many friends, some of which I know I'll keep in touch with. The whole lay-out of the hotel and the activities provided, encourage mixing with others and (probably because it isn't a 5*) everyone speaks to you! Don't get me wrong, If you go as a couple and want to keep to yourselves, there's no onus to get involved with anything, but as a lone traveller it was refreshing to be made to feel so comfortable and welcome. I only went B & B but the food was fine at lunchtime and night (I sometimes paid to eat there) it's just that I like to experience restaurants and eateries local so I'm not just tempted to stay in the hotel. 'Il Marcato' is a huge modern market area just behind the hotel (don't be disappointed when you arrive by thinking that you're in the middle of nowhere - it's all just 5 minutes away on the other side of the hotel to the side you'll arrive). The upside of this modern market area is that there are steak-houses, an Italian restaurant, Chinese etc as well as smaller places serving more local food - the downside is that there's also a McDonalds, KFC and Starbucks. This could, however, be a plus if you're travelling with children who are picky eaters. The free shuttle down to the beach is reliable and leaves/ returns a couple of times a day. I only took the shuttle once, then walked - it's only about 20 minutes and in February the sun isn't so hot. The beach we were allowed into was privately owned by another hotel and so no food nor drink was allowed to be taken into the hotel. A bottle of water was 80p and a beer about £2 - but the beach is lovely, the snorkelling great, toilets and showers clean, and so it's a small price to pay. Bear in mind, though if you're all inclusive, that your wrist-bands don't work here. Entertainment is laid on at the Badawia three times a week, Monday nights is the Beduin evening, with belly-dancing etc, and Tuesday and Fridays karaoke between 10pm and midnight. There's a massage area by the pool where a full massage (45 mins) is £20. There's also a beautician service which I used once to have my eyebrows threaded (girls you'll know what I mean) and the only real criticism I could make is that the guy that runs this was very pushy. People that had literally just arrived by the pool would be accosted by him to try to push this service and I know that one or two found it really irritating that he wouldn't take no for an answer. Other than that all the staff were great and really made you feel that they enjoyed their job - well done to the Boss. I'm trying to think of anything else that could be critical so you know this review is trustworthy but I'm struggling. The black-out curtain in my room was coming off the rail when I arrived - but one call to reception and literally within 10 mins the guy was round to fix it. What can I say? It was my birthday whilst I was there and they even baked me a cake! A real home from home.I have never written a review on anywhere I've stayed before but chose this hotel solely on the strength of the reviews I read on Tripadvisor, so i felt obliged to pass on my experience. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Anitacraig,
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):):):)
For this being your first review that you ever wrote on trip advisor, I can speak for all of the management, it blew us all away. Thank you for a lovely and well detailed account of the hotel. I do agree with you, if you are going for luxury book a 5* star, if you are looking for something with more character and a personalized touch where people call you by name then All Seasons Badawia is the place to be.
What we lack in 5 star facilitites in the hotel we make up with friendliness, politeness, and a huge smile.
Thank you again for a well written review which was fresh, honest and a great testimony for a great holiday.
Our dear guests at the All Seasons Badawia, we always like to tell you "Yes is the answer....what is the question!"
we can't wait to see you back again.

All Seasons Management

Been to All Seasons Badawia Sharm Resort? Share your experiences!