My wife and I had the privelege to stay at the Verginia hotel between the 4th and 25th May 2014 and I can say this is the best hotel visited so far in Sharm (we have stayed in many hotels in Egypt previously,some of which were big name brands of international standard but did not match the standards here)
Reception staff were helpful.The rooms adequate and sheets,towels changed everyday and cleaned to a high standard.
Communal areas extremely clean ,pool boy very courteous as were all of the staff.The two bars served bottled cold beer (some hotels pass off beer which is beer coloured only) and spirits which were acceptable.
The pool is a goods size and there are sufficient sun beds.
Now for the" jewel in the crown"
The restaurant was quite simply excellent, the chefs (wearing lily white clean uniforms,with protective gloves when serving the varied dishes, not previously seen in Egypt were a reassuring sight in a country were gastro intestinal illness can ruin a holiday)were very professional in their role ,Full marks to the "executive chef" who made a point of patrolling the restaurant gathering feed back from the customers .He was excellent. No doubt his imput in the kitchen helped in making the food varied, tasty and a joy to consume. Well done.
I have read previous reviews which are very critical of everything in this hotel, THEY ARE WRONG. This is the first time I have written a review but thought clearly mischievous comments previously posted are completely without basis.
Finally, I will be returning to this hotel next year. well worth the money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verginia Sharm Resort (ex Sol Verginia), which opened in July 2005 is located in Sharm el Sheikh on the southern tip of Sinai peninsula. Just 5 minutes from the beach by shuttle bus, close to the Ras-Om El Sid hill and 4 km distance from the historical city center. The hotel has 120 Rooms (connecting rooms are available on request). The Verginia Sharm Resort offers friendly service with good facilities and entertainment. 160 rooms consisting of balcony or terrace, telephone, Satellite TV, hairdryer, minibar, free safety deposit box, air conditioning, heating linen and towels changed daily, room service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Verginia Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verginia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol Verginia Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol Verginia Hotel