We recently returned from Island View. This was our second visit, and what a lovely holiday we had. Staff were wonderful, from Ibrahem, who had a table ready for every meal and anticipated our drinks to the super-friendly bar staff, especially Mo, Sabery and Waled with their lively cocktails and spot-on service.
Check in was a little slow, but this was mainly due to our request for a room with a king-sized bed, which Kareem on reception desk went out of his way to arrange. The only negative at the hotel was the slightly tired decor in the rooms, and the bathroom which needed modernising. Also our balcony door had a dodgy lock. Don’t let this put you off, minor quibbles in an otherwise great resort.
Food was very good, plentiful and varied. There are theme nights (ie British, Arabian, Indian etc) and often a bar-be-cue by the pool. Pizza and chips could be got during the afternoon and also ice creams. There are two A la carte restaurants, but we didn’t feel the need to use these. The grounds are beautifully maintained, with great views of the sea. Our room had a sea view. The swimming pools are clean and well managed. Ali the lifeguard, in charge of the children’s pool, was amazing, playing and entertaining the children all day. There are lots for children here, notwithstanding the pool, slides and beach, the animation team arrange activities for adults and children all day, and there is a mini disco, which our daughter went to every single night, free children’s club operated by the lovely Polli and Abbi (sadly now left). Sergei too was great with his stretch classes, aqua aerobics and poolside games. The animations team were very dedicated, but were never pushy. The hotel has shops, a hairdressers, health club diving etc, but staff here made it clear what was available without making a nuisance of themselves (unlike some other hotels).
The hotel has its own private beach and two pontoons leading to areas where guests can snorkel. Our daughter, who has Down Syndrome, was taken out every day by the marvellous Karim (life guard), who taught her how to snorkel. We are very grateful for his kindness and patience. The snorkelling and pool games with Ali were the highlight of her holiday. Taxi!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel
- Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.