“Beware: Sharm without much Charm” 1 of 5 stars

Logaina Sharm Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4B Sharks Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #191 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Nairobi, Kenya
“Beware: Sharm without much Charm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Dear readers - this is a hotel with a lot of tremendous, unrealized potential, but our experience has been the worst of our tour in Egypt thus far. We have complaints regarding the following things: 1) phone in room didn't work properly, 2) no top sheet on beds, 3) faulty locks on outside/inside doors, 4) no TP in bathrooms upon arrival, 5) no towels in rooms, 6) cigarette ashes on room floor AND floating in the pool, 7) fridge did not work, 8) in our friend's single room, there is only A/C in the bedroom, not the entire suite, 9) money stolen from bedroom during breakfast when door was locked, 10) shower water was brown and cold and smelled like sewage, 10) Beware, there is NO direct access to the beach, 11) you have to spend at least 50 pounds to get anywhere from this place, and 12) hotel showed no sympathy or effort to resolve problems, particularly the stolen money.

Breakfast: breakfast wasn't terrible...served between 7am and 10am...

We simply chose this hotel because we had a late flight in from Luxor to Sharm, and it seemed like a reasonable choice, as it was so close to the airport...but we also ended up paying 80 Egyptian pounds for a taxi to take us to Logaina.

Last comment: we thought we would just mention the irony in that it is called Logaina with an "i," but throughout the hotel site, we noticed many of the products didn't have matching titles, with it rather saying "Logina"....!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Sharm al Sheikh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Logaina, and booked 2 rooms. My room at first was notup to my standards, but once I told, Mohamed, the manager, he quickly cooperated and put me in a much better and nicer room. This made me very happy. It was an upgrade from the first one. The staff was pretty nice... The pool area was very clean and the area was clean too. Overall, I would stay here again.

The only draw back is that the hotel should spend more time cleaning the bird droppings from the balconies...I will mention this to them.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

The resort is very beautiful, the suites are clean and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and cooperative. Food have many varieties. All is good value for the money and it was in my opinion a relaxing vacation. I will definitly go again on my next vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Stayed In "Logaina Sharm Resort" For Five Days In April And
I Booked It Through Booking.com
Very Affordable Price Only $65 Per Room With BreakFast
Rooms Are Clean , Well Maintained And Staff Very Friendly .
Only Set Back Was That It Was A Lettle Far From Namaa Bay .
How Ever We Managed To Use public Transportation For Less Than A 1$ To Get To Namaa At Night .
The Weather Is Lovely , The City Is Beautiful And The Hotel Is Fantastic .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I wanted a sort of cheaper hotel when i got to Sharm El Sheikh, but by not way I wanted something like this. I called the reception and said that I would stay 8 nights and the guy fixed a price for me. When I went to the hotel he wanted me to give him all the money immediately. When I looked at the room, I said to him I dont want to stay but then he entangled me into his talks like "I will charge you 1 EXTRA NIGHT if you go out now" or "I will charge you on higher rate if you go out before 4 nights". He held my passport and would not let go until I paid. My room was never cleaned even though i asked for it repeatedly, the breakfast got terrible day by day (they even ran out of milk). The lights in rooms did not work and I had to ask a million times before they were replaced.
The people who stay here are mostly Egyptians and Arabic and I am not used to that type of environment. So it made the stay even worse. And yes, the continuous arabic music playing outside was really a headache sometimes.

If you want a better holiday for yourself, dont go by the price or photos of this hotel on websites. The service they provide are not worth any value and the only thing that works in this hotel is the internet. Believe me, you dont want to spoil your vacation for that!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We were planning to have a relaxed holiday but ended up to spend most of the time outside the resort. The fact that it is on the landing pathway from Sharms airport is not the worst , we got quite used to the aeroplanes landing up to every 4 minutes and waving to the pilots, but what we could not get used to was the constant high decibel music /rap from 9 in the morning to 9 in the evening from the hotel itself and from 11 pm to 3-4 in the morning from the hotels beside . Despite closed windows and doors the bed was shaking and you could hear the beat even with earplugs.
The hotel itself deserve its 3 stars, not so the rooms, ours was clean, but simply furnished the warm water boiler caused the fuse to blow , we could not lock the rooms proper and the kitchen equipment was poor.
We had booked over RCI and therefore our expectation were quite high , please take this into account when you read the comment .
We have seen that you can book this place fairly cheap, but even than we would highly recommand to get something else if you come for a chill out.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel is nice and it has swimming-pool. The staff is ok but they are egyptians so they are a disaster: when we arrived the room was not ready despite we said we would be there at 6 pm. Then we changed room twice because door locks were broken. Another problem is the distance: it is about 15km away from downtown so you need to get a taxi (30 pounds) or wait for a bus provided by the hotel which never arrives on time. The good thing is that there is a public beach close to the hotel and you can do scuba diving or snorkling there. Notice that many beaches are private.

I think it is a little bit expensive taking into account the distance and the quality of service. If you want to save money, try to get something in Naa'ma Bay. You will save money in taxi.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Logaina Sharm Resort? Share your experiences!