“Great diving center” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel

You added Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel to your Saves list
Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Marsa El Dekhela Building 3 | PO Box 74, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #91 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great diving center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Ive spent a week with friends in this resort, it was so close to the airport and Naama bay, the staff were great and helpful, rooms were clean , furniture was a bit old but overall good...
breakfast was ok, but had only pinapple juice which was also hot :(

What was great is our 3 days diving course which was a great experince, everybody there was helpful and the prices were good.

Most of the guests were Italian or Russian with few other nationalties

• Disliked — Italian/russian oriented resort
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

My Russian wife booked the trip to this hotel and based on all the reviews I read everywhere I expected the worst. But instead I had a very enjoyable stay.

Our room was 47114 on the second level of building 47. The room was clean, well maintained and had a safe. A lot of room, comfortable beds, free water in the mini-refrigerator, good toilet and bidet, very pleasant balcony and an excellent sea view towards the Tiran Island.
A spacious shower area, usually with a good stream of hot water. Only one time very early in the morning the system did not give hot water.
The advantage of our room was that it was only 2 minutes from a calm beach, 2 minutes from the Spa, 2 minutes from the fish restaurant, 5 minutes from the Coral restaurant, etc, etc. We never used the Taftaf cars.

The best thing about this hotel is the sea. The coral here is excellent and variated. Ideal for snorkling and diving. I spent hours looking at fish and swimming in the clean water. It was also easy to book a trip on a boat to dive/snorkle at three other locations for a day. (also a 2 min walk from our room). The pontons that you use to go into the water were of good quality. We never used the pools. With a sea like this you really don't want to, unless you have kids.

Our HB gave excess to three free restaurants and the main breakfast restaurant. The options are "International", "Fish" and "Egyptian". I was not impressed by the fish, but mainly because I only like Tuna and Salmon which are not local fish and expensive to import for a buffet restaurant. But there were other options for me while my wife and our friends enjoyed their fish.
The Egyptian restaurant was my favourite. Good kebab, many local vegetables and salads.
The international restaurant is standard stuff. Good enough but not so interesting for me. Breakfast was also served in this restaurant. A good selection of bread, egg, sausage, salad, pomodori etc. Nothing to complain about. Except maybe the juice in the morning, which is water with color. Also all restaurants have a great selection of deserts.
Not once was there a lack of cutlery. Empty plates were swiftly removed and the tables were clean. Hygiene was of a high standard everywhere.

In the evening good dance shows in the Arena, pleasant disco. Also during the day an animation team keeps you or your children busy with sports games, dancing, aerobics etc.
On the beach you can get massages for 30 dollars.

Yes, prices are high. Getting a cocktail, liquor, etc is expensive. Even beer is expensive. If I remember well, a Mojito is 65LE (about 12 dollar) and a non alcohol very tasty Tropicana 35LE (7 dollar). A bottle of cola bought from the bar on the beach was also 12 dollar. Prices in the hotel supermarket are a bit better.
Sure you can get better prices in Naama bay, and even better at the old market in the 7 Eleven supermarket, but the taxi ride there and back costs you 20 dollar. So you get a couple of bottles of cola for 2 dollar but pay 20 for the taxi. I bet other hotels are no different.
It is hard to get strong alcohol in the shops in Sharm, definitely not in any of the supermarkets (nor in the hotel itself). So bring some from the airport shop at arrivals or bring some from home. Wel all took some from home and mixed cocktails in our room to drink on the balcony in a nice relaxed close athmosphere.

Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We tipped our cleaner American style, and he made sure our room was cleaned when we went on the beach in the morning. He did a very good job. When I was sick I told him and the next days I was given extra hard needed toilet paper.
Also in the restaurant a table cleaner noticed my sick look and brought me water and asked me about my health.
Most others were friendly and helpful too. From security to street cleaners.

The reason why I got sick was not the food of the hotel, but a packet of juice that I bought in a supermarket. I was the only of our company who was sick and my wife became sick after she tried the same juice.

And Yes, this hotel is orientated towards Russians and Italians. It is bearable for English speaking guests, but if you want to talk a lot, be sure to talk Russian. The Russian guests were polite and behaved well. The only ones who irritated me where young Itialians.

• Liked — The sea
  • Disliked — Prices for the drinks
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bucharest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

I've just came back from Domina Aquamarine Beach after spending 8 days there with my boyfriend.The first room they gave us was awful...we had to take a bus(taf taf) to get to the sea ... or else it would have taken us about 15-20minutes to get there.The room was dirty and the sheets looked like 50 years ago.We took the next day another room,payed extra for it,but it was a lot better than the first one(clean,close to the sea).In the last 2 days of my stay there the water was leacking from the ceilling(maybe because of the air conditioning).When the men came to fix it,i had to stay about 2 hours in my room until they finished repairing it.We were with ALL INCLUSIVE there but we had only 3 restaurants to eat at,about 3 bars to drink at without paying.At the best places at the hotel where you could eat and most importantly to have fun(bars,lounge,the arena and disco) you had to pay.The food was very poor,not for a 5 star hotel.In the morning we had exactly the same thing every day.By the way,the disco is 25$ per person and the drinks are payed extra and a pizza is 20&,the cheapest one!The hotel is still under construction,so in the morning,at about 8 o'clock,i usually listened to a lot of noises insted of the waves.It wasn't at all pleasant ! I do think you should consider another 5 star hotel and not this one.Maybe they give it 5 stars,but i give it a max 4 stars.It wasn't at all what i had expected!
The only thing a absolutely loved there was the sea.A lot of coloured fish there.The best place for people who love to do diving or snorkelling.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kyrenia, CYP N
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Nice place and a big complex. However activities and food are very poor. Room was dirty, unpolite personel and have to say except pizza that we paid for, very poor buffet.

• Liked — Red Sea
  • Disliked — Food, activities and facilities, hospitality
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

I have stayed here 3 times and just recently returned back aweek ago. The resort is well looked after and staff have always been polite. The rooms and surrounding area are always kept clean and beautiful. The pools and beach are breath taking and are my high points of the holiday.
However the prices at the resort are extremely over priced and the food very bland restaurants at the resort do ripp you off. The breakfast seems a big choice but failed to appeal to myself just tasted funny. The resort was dominated by russian's who have no respect whether it's waiting patiently at reception or getting on a taf taf found them extremly rude and have now put me off going back to the resort. The Italian's also dominated the resort but they were nice. One annoyance was the way staff expected to be tipped for every little thing. On the whole I had a great time as I always do the resort is beautiful and leaves you speechless.

• Liked — THE BEACH
  • Disliked — THE RUSSIAN'S
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

We decided to stay here because it was right on Ras Mohammad National Park and this was the main attraction as we could snorkel in many different areas straight from jettys from the beach and it was fantastic, especially once you got away from the Russians who would like to swamp you.

We couldn't fault the cleaning staff at the resort we got new bed linen and towels everyday and the staff were all so friendly. However we had to check in at Domina Club Hotel as we were with a time share where their customer service was not so good and because of the international customers to the hotel they weren't used to the British way of queing!

I would stay here again because the amenities were brilliant however it is more like a 3 star than a 5 star and the food places were very nice but were the same price as back home but the views from the beach bars were amazing.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
East England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Our stay at the Domina Aquamarine was not pleasant. The rooms were very basic and should not command anything higher than three stars.
The food was unexciting but less likely to make you ill compared with eating in Naama.
Beware of extremely rude Russians and Italians.
As other reviewrs have mentioned, the pools are well kept and the pontoon to take you out to the coral was the only plus point of this giant hotel complex.

• Liked — The pontoon for the snorkelling
  • Disliked — Paying 20 Euros to use the Gym
  • Stayed September 2004, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!