My wife and I and our 3 children stayed at the Sierra from 17th-27th October 2013 and we had a wonderful time.
Arrival - We were greeted with smiles from the staff and there was a bit of an issue as they didn't realise that we required rooms in close proximity but this was dealt without any question.
Rooms - We had 2 rooms (one for the kids and one for us) and they were both spacious and well appointed. Our room had a double bed which was 2 generous singles joined and was very comfortable. The kids had 3 beds in their room and they still had plenty space. Both rooms had balconies.
Amenities - The hotel has pools dotted all over the grounds, but we spent our time relaxing by the main pool. Our decision was influenced by the AMAZING service we received from everybody round this pool. On our way to breakfast in the mornings we were greeted by name by the lifeguards who asked if we would be at the pool today - a positive answer resulted in Ahmed and Elsayed putting towels on our preferred loungers. When we thanked them for their consideration the guys answered with big smiles and said "at your service Boss" - how can you not start the day happy?
Just as the sun makes an impression on you in the morning and you might think its time for a drink Sobhy or Bahaa arrive. When they offer you a drink its not like they are doing their job but more like they are entertaining you as their mates. Bahaa Sobhy Mina and the other guys at the pool bar really made an impression on our whole family (especially Mr Frank) and made a huge contribution to our enjoyment of the 10 days we spent at Sierra.
Food - The only area of this hotel which in our opinion needs some attention. A couple of years ago we stayed at Club Magic in Sharm and were probably spoiled by the choice and quality of food offered. Sierras restaurant does not really come close to matching this, however the addition of Café Chino and Akuna Makata do help. Everybody in the restaurant provides good service and welcome you with a smile. In spite of these comments we always found plenty of food to enjoy but it was a bit repetitive and not presented as well as it could have been. However the kids loved the pasta station.
Overall we had a really relaxing holiday and the people at Sierra could not have done more for us - which we think makes a real difference at an all inclusive.
We enjoyed a few evenings at the Crystal lounge where Shanthan not only entertained us with his singing but taking the time to talk on a one on one to his guests was a nice personal touch.
We would stay at the Sierra again and it would be 5 out of 5 rating but for the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures.For more details please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt