The Sierra hotel is a nice place to stay if you are ready to fork out $80 per night for a double bedroom (although i did pay a special business rate so pls check the current price). The staff is really pleasant and the best part about the hotel like several others in sharmel sheikh is the pool area. The hotel is just 15 minutes away from the airport and 20 minutes (by cab) from Namhe bay (the city centre).
There are around four complimentary bus services daily which take you to namhe bay and get you back so would recommend these although they get really full so you should try sign up the day before.
They have a number of restaurants (with music) at the hotel and the complex (which also has the much bigger Savoy) has a number of other restaurants/shops and a supermarket (which is right at the end of the line of shops). Caution..Whatever you do please don't order from the inroom dining as they have a poor selection and my pasta was the worst I have ever eaten. Restaurant food is fine and you will find Italian, Indian and even English pub food but no Egyptian food.
One more negative and a thing to remember is that Egyptian hotel rooms are not really great on the inside (the locks are old and the beds aren't exactly what I expected but that doesn't mean they are bad) so don't have very high expectations from the room.
I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with disabilities as there are no lifts and quite a lot of walking is involved. Families will however love it as they have special pools, play areas for children.
Also, was in sharmel sheikh in February 2013 and it was safe and no issues whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures.For more details please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt