“Luxury hotel near sharmel sheikh airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #44 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London
“Luxury hotel near sharmel sheikh airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Sierra hotel is a nice place to stay if you are ready to fork out $80 per night for a double bedroom (although i did pay a special business rate so pls check the current price). The staff is really pleasant and the best part about the hotel like several others in sharmel sheikh is the pool area. The hotel is just 15 minutes away from the airport and 20 minutes (by cab) from Namhe bay (the city centre).

There are around four complimentary bus services daily which take you to namhe bay and get you back so would recommend these although they get really full so you should try sign up the day before.

They have a number of restaurants (with music) at the hotel and the complex (which also has the much bigger Savoy) has a number of other restaurants/shops and a supermarket (which is right at the end of the line of shops). Caution..Whatever you do please don't order from the inroom dining as they have a poor selection and my pasta was the worst I have ever eaten. Restaurant food is fine and you will find Italian, Indian and even English pub food but no Egyptian food.

One more negative and a thing to remember is that Egyptian hotel rooms are not really great on the inside (the locks are old and the beds aren't exactly what I expected but that doesn't mean they are bad) so don't have very high expectations from the room.

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with disabilities as there are no lifts and quite a lot of walking is involved. Families will however love it as they have special pools, play areas for children.

Also, was in sharmel sheikh in February 2013 and it was safe and no issues whatsoever.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor and near the pool are more expensive but nicer although they may be noisy...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for posting your valuable review. At the Sierra we are always looking to improve our service and therefore we are grateful for your feedback.

Regarding the room service order, we do have a wide selection of items to order from your room and it is available 24 hours. We are very disappointed to read that you were not happy with your order. Please note that if you had informed our room service staff, they would have been happy to rectify the matter to your satisfaction. We have now brought this to their attention and they will take action to prevent a recurrence of this incident.

The room which you were allocated is according to your reservation; however, we provide the information about different categories of hotel rooms upon arrival (in case you wish to be upgraded). The guests are very impressed with rooms and we have received countless positive comments. Each room has air-conditioning, complementary safe, TV, telephone, cable/ Wi-Fi internet connection, tea & coffee making facility, bathrobe and slippers – all of this is complementary and to our knowledge, not many hotels offers such facilities and services. A pillow menu is available and the guests may choose the most suitable pillow. All standard-room bathrooms are of the same size and all the information related to the rooms is communicated through many different channels including our web site, travel agents, tour operators and fact sheets.

With regard to your comments about disabled access, we should point out that we have two specially-adapted rooms for the disabled and all our public areas have ramps. For those with mobility problems, our staff can quickly and easily arrange a club car to help them around the resort.

May we thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sierra Resort in the very near future.

2,233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Each vacation we have in the Sierra just gets better, my husband and I now have a big Egyptian family, from our arrival to departure nothing is too much trouble for all the staff and we are always made so very welcome, in fact staff say welcome home to us now which is a great feeling. We would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for making our vacation so enjoyable, a special thank you to management Mr Hani Hanna, guest relations Tatiana and Janel, Emad Ibrahim, Islam Noaman concierge and reception who where very supportive and helpful when we needed them.
We shall return once again later in the year, there are many staff that are so very helpful and friendly, the waiters especially work very hard, always smiling and keeping our drinks flowing especially Ossama, Hazem and others ( sorry can not remember all the names because there were some new guys this time)
We have read some other reviews where they say the hotel is a little dated but let us say that management takes all comments on board and are always looking to make improvements, Rooms are refurbished to a nice standard and are very clean, we will probably agree that food can be a little repetative? there are some good entertainment acts that appear in the hotel and in Soho Square. Bars and restaurants in Soho Square are included in the premium all inclusive package 35% discount in the restaurants, all inclusive drinks from 5pm in the Queen Vic bar, and 6pm at the Fontana bar, overall an amazing place to stay whether a family or a couple :)

Stayed March 2013
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure to have provided you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you were made to feel very welcome.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the near future, to enjoy another wonderful vacation.

Please, accept our warmest regards from Sierra Resort.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

me my wife and 2 boys aged 5 & 8 recently visited the sierra hotel on 10th march 2013 for 1 week.from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome by all the staff from jamal & tatiana on guest relations to sohby the waiter and elsaid by the pool who made our stay very pleasant.they just couldnt do enough to make us feel at home.the room was spacious & very clean with fresh water and sheets put in the room daily.so we had a nice relaxing holiday in a very family friendly environment and now we cant wait to go back next year but hopefully for a little longer this time.

Room Tip: our room no was 2525 which seemed to get the sun on our balcony all the time but rooms were a\c and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your supporting words and it’s really wonderful for us that you enjoyed a relaxing, truly unforgettable experience at our resort.

Please, accept our warmest regards from Sierra Resort.
bradford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

had a fantastic holiday hotel great location very good walk straight out of the complex into soho squire plenty to see on a night feels really safe would go on my own as a female no hassle from anyone 3 bars included in sierra all inclusive package just had to sign a bill for your drinks and they were free also a few resturants gave 3o% discount on meals we payed on the night but you can sign the bill and pay in hotel end of your holiday was worried we might get asked to pay again end of week but no everthing was fine.the staff make this hotel mina &mina waiter s shoby ok lovey, joesph pool man daniel room guy good if you want to relax they have adult poolsmake this a request they will try there best to accomodate you. Nothing too much trouble rooms are very good try not to get a an adjoining room as you can hear everything next door, food 7 out of ten can always find somthing but it can be expensive if you eat out all the time we only spent 150 pound all week tip the people you like they work hard 7 days for 150 pounds a month. 50 eygpt pounds only a fiver would go back great weather no tummy bugs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our thanks to you for writing your lovely review with reference to your recent first holiday at our sunny Sierra Resort.

We look forward to seeing you here once again here to spend another amazing stay with us

Kindly accept our warmest regards.
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Let me get the negatives out of the way:
Sharks Bay is quiet – which suited Mrs R200 and I down to the ground, but for someone who wants a very social and hectic holiday, it could involve costly trips out.

Soho Square – not our cup of tea, although lots of people liked it and enjoyed part of their night there several times during their stay. Personally I think they may have missed a trick here, the gift shops have very little to interest, it could do with a quality outlet coming in.

The hotel is five minutes walk (through the Savoy’s Hotels internal road network) from the beach, but provides a minibus service for those who can’t be bothered (or are unable) to walk – the fact that you are on hotel property makes it feel a safe walk.

My opinion of the few Soho Square eateries we tried was mixed, I didn’t feel Akuna Matata offered a proper dinner but L’Entrecote restaurant was good value (with our ultra A.I. 35% discount)

Non of the Trip Advisor reviews I read about this hotel before booking my trip the Egypt mentioned that this hotel was just across the road from the runway at Sharm El Sheikh airport…. Did it matter – no, not one bit! Even outside the noise I noticed most was aircraft engines on take-off or on landing. One morning I was sat on the balcony of my room when everything was quiet (6am) and I watched an plane coming into land and the only noise I heard was the back thrust to aid braking on landing (for less than 10 seconds) and I assure you it wasn’t loud and nor did it wake Mrs R200 up, even though the balcony doors were open. If you read any different my opinion it is someone with super-sensitive hearing!

I heard several people complaining this hotel is not a 5 star hotel, in fact I had a long conversation with two that mentioned it to me and my opinion stands: it IS a five star hotel, it has the facilities that’s allows it that status, now “The Royal Savoy” (the Sierra’s sister hotel across Soho Square) is also a five star establishment and, if you take the time to have a look around it, it is better than the Sierra, as is the Four Seasons (just down the road from these hotels) but the cost of the same package I had at the Sierra (Ultra A.I.) would have cost three times as much at the Savoy, as for the Four Seasons, I’d have been lucky to get B&B for three times the cost - you get what you pay for!

The positives:

You get more than what you pay for in my opinion! This is the first of around twelve A.I. package hotels which I’ve received frequent drinks service in the dining room, at the pool or the beach. Our room was quiet, in fact had we not seen our neighbours going into their room one afternoon, we’d have thought the room next door and the room below us were unoccupied. The cleaner knocked at our door at least three times of our seven day stay to make sure everything was Ok and had we got enough bottled water, towels etc. All the staff do an excellent job, if I had to pick out one weakness it would be that reception staff are a little brisk and professional (measured to the friendliness of the other staff), you feel that you’re are a valued guest.

The food in the main hotel restaurant - Mountain View is (in my experience) reasonably good quality, but the normal A.I help yourself buffet fayre. I never heard anyone complain of “Egyptian tummy” or similar. There was more than enough choice, I think from the eighteen meals (breakfast, lunch and dinners) I ate in there, there was only one dinner I struggled to put a decent meal together and maybe it was down to me not being that hungry, who knows? I do know I put on 4lbs during the week!

The Spa is worth the cost of a paid for treatment, we had the Moroccan – much like a Turkish, but with mud!

There was always a seat in a bar (and I believe the hotel was 85% occupied the week we stayed), occasionally we had to walk round the Mountain View twice to find a table. Sun loungers round the (five) pools were sometimes difficult, but the beach always had free space.
The $5m question, would we go back? Well, perhaps not as many times as some of the past reviewers, nor of Michele and her three female family members, but YES certainly, in fact you may find us there next February / March and make it ten nights not seven! Truth and opinion but truth, from my experience, RECOMMENDED without hesitation, just don’t go expecting UK five star, go and enjoy - everything you need for a good holiday!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra_Sharm, Manager at Sierra Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Sierra Resort.

Yours sincerely,
Bromborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

just to say how delighted we were with the the whole set up of the Seirra the pool the bars soho square and the hotels eating places the Matarta food was a delight something for everyone the staff made you feel welcome at all times the life guard and towel attendent was a great friend to the both of us and we have to mention his name Elsaid looked after us all the time we will be going back next year.

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor room number 7505 as there are only two floors this was ideal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Sierra Resort for your recent holiday and for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I went with my husband and 2 kids age 7&9 from 17th-24th Feb. My idea of a great holiday is relaxing round a pool while someone brings me drinks and the kids are off playing - I've never actually had that though until now!!!!
The main pool ( one of two pools that the kids are allowed in) is HUGE and really all my kids needed!
Soulby at the main pool bar was amazing and learnt all our names (and drinks!) on day 1 and was constantly walking round the pool asking if he could get us anything.

Also the fact that the kids could go and get themselves pizzas (really nice!) and burgers and chips from around the pools and not have to come in for lunch was a real bonus.
I think the food in general was of a high standard, I'm vegetarian and often struggle on holiday but there was plenty of choice, if you wanted to be really healthy then it could easily be achieved - you can always offset this with lots of cocktails ;)

Rania in the main food hall was really lovely with us and the kids and is a real asset to the hotel - good luck with the baby and I really hope the management decide to take her back after some maternity leave as it wouldn't be the same without her there.

We had a bit of hassle on arrival as we'd booked a quadruple room with On The Beach and there was 1 triple bed and a single bed and as it was late when we got there and the kids were tired thats how we left it. . . .we didn't have a great 1st night, but the hotel made up for this by upgrading us to room 1406 by the main pool and put an extra bed in the room. So unless you book an interlocking room you will all be sharing one big room, which was fine in the end for us.
Mahmoud who looked after our room was lovely and couldn't help enough even when the bed got wet twice :(

Soho square is great and right next to the hotel, you don't get the feeling of being stuck in one place because its all inclusive at all. The added bonus of ice skating and bowling is fab as well.

We booked a trip to see a dolphin show (which was great) and then for the kids to swim with them after, we were all really excited but the reality was the water was FREEZING and my 7yo wouldn't get in and my 9yo did but didn't enjoy it at all as it was just so cold.
When we got back to the hotel some other family's had taken their kids out on a glass bottom boat and had a great time and I really wish we'd done that instead.
Maybe the dolphin water gets warmer as the year goes on but I don't think this it is suitable for children under 12.

There were lots of Russians at the hotel who I have to say are mostly really ignorant and rude - is there no Please or Thank you in that language?! But that certainly wouldn't put me off going again.

I've never wanted to go back to a hotel as there are so many places in the world to visit, but if I get my way we will all be back here next year again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for all the positive and helpful observations.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday was both relaxing and memorable.

Yours sincerely,

Been to Sierra Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!