We stayed in the Ghazala Gardens between 19th and 26th June 2013. It is the 5th time we have been to Egypt and I have to say if it had been the first time we would not have gone again. We have always accepted that the food is not startling in Egypt but the choice and standard was apalling. If all else fails have fruit or a salad - but the salads always looked as though they should have been in a bin and the fruit was never fresh. The Mexican, Brazilian and Italian restaurants were good and not everything had an extra charge so why was the food not good in the other 2 restaurants?
The staff were the most untrained and miserable we have ever come across. One evening when a waiter came to collect glasses he proceeded to tip the contents over my husbands legs then just for good measure he dropped a glass which proceeded to smash between his feet! There was a panicked reaction but no concern.
The rooms are generally clean but really need refurbishment as they are shabby. It did not help when we had to constantly search for the man who looked after the rooms as he kept forgetting to replace bath towels.
All in all the staff and management were very poor and not at all customer orientated. No we will n ot be returning to the '4' star Ghazala Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a five minute stroll from the centre of Naama Bay and five minutes to the beach it shares with The Ghazala Beach Hotel, the Ghazala Gardens offers a perfect balance of scale and facilities. The delightful gardens teem with exotic plants and a lagoon pool that give it a truly tropical feel. You can even swim right from your terrace with our poolside rooms! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Ghazala Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Ghazala Gardens Egypt
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel Egypt