“this hotel coming back soooon” 3 of 5 stars

Halomy Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | Overlooking Nama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #182 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“this hotel coming back soooon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

to be honest I been to this hotel four years ago and it was very nice and it consider in the middle of Neama gulf but last year I been there but it was very bad and I met the owner who told me that the hotel was rented and they rent contract is finished and they will renew all hotel adn will have soft opening in next July as i remember and I think will be sooooooo good as he promised me.
he took my mail address and told me that once they finished renweing hotel,he will send me the new photos before that soft opening so i am waiting and once I got it I will upload them here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Halomy Hotel is the most random hotel ever!

Me and my dad arrived the first 2 weeks in september and booked the Halomy due to its cliff location and cheapness. We new that it wasn't going to be a 5 star hotel.

1st Night - we automatically went into posh camping mode :) Low pressure on taps and showers and Tv didn't work, Was clean and tidy. Just BASIC that's what you pay for....... but we didnt complain as we had aircon, Due to arriving late at night they even offered to cook us something but we were ok.

The whole holiday expierience was ACE ! The staff were so sooooo nice and made friends with us straight away. People on here talk about Arguements and the atmosphere BUT... The staff hadnt been payed from August to December 2013. You can understand the frustration.

We had big group drinks and every single one of us had a laugh about things.

Hassan (Bar Man) Kamel (Restaurant Manager) Hanoosh ( Helping Hand + Fire King). These are great guys and did everything possible to make us feel welcome.

180 steps feel like 20 !! If you can't walk up them your very unfit due to me being able to run up them!!

Would we stop there again ........... YES !!!!

Don't let all the reviews put you off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed there for 10nights. I wish we had read the reviews before booking with Halomy. Manger and staff are rude, the 180 however many steps become a pain, cups plates were broken and dirty, shower was dirty and giving out orange water. Thank god there was a spa next to the hotel we actually had to use their services.
Yes we wanted a nice cheap holiday but that dont mean the hotel has to be dirty and staff need to be rude.

• Stayed February 2013
Leyland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

we stayed at halomy hotel from the 23rd sep for two weeks.on our arival I new straight away this was a mistake. Our room was not suitable ,we looked at 3 more rooms.shaby hotel,tiles missing in pool,dirty shower curtain,had to put cushions from settee under mattress,friendly staff,food ok...ish.nama bay very stressfull,only went out of hotel twice.cudnt wait to get home.will not make this mistake again,worst holiday we have ever had.....tracy and karl,leyland,lancs.

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had read all the reviews prior to going and was willing to give it a chance, after all we wanted a cheap dive holiday with somewhere to lay our head. Our plan was to eat breakfast at the hotel and eat out in the evening, thinking they couldnt go far wrong with breakfast.
We arrived on Thursday and was given a room that was basic but clean and better than some of the pics on here. First night 40 odd staff decided to have an all night party and music kept us awake all night. First breakfast, mouldy butter and lumpy milk enough to put us off.

Second day lots of staff milling around not doing a lot. Could feel tension in the air that something was going on. We were then asked to move rooms as there was no electric or water. New room had no electric or water - 3hrs later they fixed it. All night we were kept awake with egyptian staff arguing.

Third day, very very weird tension in air. Speakers and coffee machine taken away and all staff whispering. 12pm was asked to leave our room as hotel was closing down and all electric and water was being switched off. Egyptian staff continue to argue then police turn up. I decided to go to the hotel next door and book in at our own cost, to get children somewhere safe.

10pm that night we were visited by a rep, at our new hotel saying he was moving us to yet another hotel. At this point we had had enough and stayed put!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from the halomy first impression everything what people on here did say and we could of easily have turned around and gone home so glad we didn't first morning to go down to the sun beds and see the view outstanding then the staff what can I say just great couldn't do enough for us then we got to speaking to the guests and always saying the same what a great bunch would we go back defo same time next year thanks for a great hol and once last thing halomy update the rooms etc wouldn't take much you've got everything else

• Stayed October 2013
Burntwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I arrived for a week at the Halomy 10th Oct. with no great expectations of the place, as I paid minimum to stay there on an AI.
From the time of arrival to departure, my room (110) was clean (the only thing that really matters) BUT all of the staff were so friendly.
Only ate the food there a few days, as there was not much I fancied, though I didnt starve with the restaurants and fast food down to the 180 odd steps into Naama Bay (i'm sure there's more on the way up). All drinks were served in a tall 250ml glass, but most AI's do that.

The "beach" or stoney bit with a jetty is great for the snorkelling and chasing the fish.
If you want somewhere to stay that's v.cheap just to lounge round the pool, get a tan then this is the place, if you want 4/5 star treatment then go elsewhere.

Without being harsh on the place its like a caravan site/butlins in the sun with great views.

Would I go back there? Un-decided, and that's only because I went on my own.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View Room. If you are un-easy on your feet, or cannot handle stairs - this is not the...