We have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and this is the third occasion we have returned to this resort . Although the family once again enjoyed our stay, we do feel that this year the standards within the hotel have dropped somewhat compared to previous years. Some examples of this are, The dining room continually running out of plates and or cups resulting in waites of up to 15 min for food or drinks. On a couple of occasions the freshly cooked meat ran out and again guests had to wait up to 30 mins whilst more was cooked. We also feel that the choice and standard of food preperation was not as good as in previous years either. On one occasion a private party was being held in another part of the hotel which resulted in one complete wall of serving dishes being removed from the dining hall, severely restricting the choice and availability of food on offer. However it must be said that after speaking to the hotel management they did try to resolve the matter by offering to provide room service food for later in the evening, a free bottle of wine was also offered/provided. Although the rooms are basic and the decor a little bit dated, they are kept clean with the bedding being changed twice weekly and the towels changed daily. The general cleanleness of the hotel and pool areas is very good with a lot of the older sun loungers having been renewed since last year.
Unfortunately this resort is very popular with holidaymakers from Russia and on this years stay they were very much in evidence and in very large numbers. Unfortunately they tend to be very loud and very rude and many holidaymakers us included had to complain about both their noise and behaviour especially in regards to how they treated and verbally abused the staff. It must be said however that even under such difficult circumstances the staff performed their duties brilliantly, and were always very polite and extreamly helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
If you decide to venture out of the hotel complex be aware that many shops, restaurants and other amenities only open at about 13.30 so early morning shopping trips are out.
I think next year we are going to look for another hotel although if nothing is forthcoming I would return to this one.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort
- Sunrise Island Garden
- Hotel Sunrise Island Garden
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, relaxing "All-Inclusive" 4 star (country category) Resort with a centered pool lagoon is divided to various 2 floor buildings with tasteful decorated rooms offer you a relaxed atmosphere for a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Island Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.