We stayed here in May 2012.
The main thing to let it down is the food..... very repetitive, bland and often the meat was raw..
It was the same food everyday even though one day was 'indian menu' one day English etc. etc. Although it was the same food..
I found the evening entertainment very boring too...... Although I feel awful saying that as the entertainers work so hard..
It was our first time to Egypt and unfortunately it has put us off returning to Egypt.. And that is a shame as I know a few people who have had positive experiences with visiting so have returned.
The managers are extra nice! They put in great effort to make sure everyone is perfectly happy.
All of the staff are lovely and friendly.
Another downside was that one of the slides was not working for the entire duration of our stay... which might sound trivial but I did actually only book this hotel BECAUSE it had a slide..,my children asked everyday if the slide was going to be fixed and everyday they told them it would be fixed in the afternoon... such a shame.. this hotel has HUGE potential. if only the rooms were modernised, a larger budget given to entertainment and make the food more edible. Would i return to this hotel - definitely not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, relaxing "All-Inclusive" 4 star (country category) Resort with a centered pool lagoon is divided to various 2 floor buildings with tasteful decorated rooms offer you a relaxed atmosphere for a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Island Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Sunrise Island Garden
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh