Just got back from a week stay, whilst we seemed to have picked the only week were the weather wasnt great we still had an enjoyable holiday.
We were upgraded from 2 singles to a chalet no 3030 perfect location by lifts and veranda bar (which has spectacular views) Furniture dated but clean, functional and plenty of storage. Water temp and pressure a little hit and miss but nothing too dramatic.
On arrival we were worried by location and appearance but fear not-its only a 5min walk to old market (walk via the beach its quicker) and a short taxi ride to Naama bay.
Private beach is great with a lift down for those that find the steps daunting.
Spa was excellent we ended up booking 3 massages each!
Good selection of food with both late breakfast, afternoon tea and Late dinner included in AI. Staff as always were great-Tip your favourite waitor and he will LOOK AFTER YOU WELL!
BUT few points:
no table service for drinks in restaurants
reception staff we found were poor-cashier never had any change and often the staff didnt have answers to simple questions such as how much for late check-out with out asking 3 different people and youhaving to comeback "when my manager is back" really dissapointing and the only real negative-some of their housekeeping/waitors could teach them about customer service!
Animation team were enthusiaistic but there was definately a feel of "off season" malaise, however Annie's comic complaining and Toby's boundless energy were both great.
DONT BOOK THE MEGA SAFARI-THE ONLY DECENT PART IS THE QUAD-BIKING OTHERWISE THERE IS ALOT OF HANGING AROUND AND "SELLING" TIME
It can get windy-take some long trousers and a wrap/fleece/jacket for evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LocationBeach Albatros SSH located on the Sharm Elmaya bay. Only 20 minutes from SharmInternational Airport, the Hotel is built on an area covering over 137,000 sq. m.• 20 minutes to the airport• 10 minutes to Na’ama bay (Center of Sharm El Sheikh)• 05 minutes to the old town• Shuttle bus to Na’ama bay (extra charge)Rooms & Amenities• Number of rooms: 228 Rooms• Double rooms 194 rooms with Terrace or Balcony, Maximum 3 person's occupancy, Air condition, direct dialing phone, Sat. TV, Mini Bar, Hair dryer.• Chalets 34 rooms two bedrooms + Living room , and one bathroom, with stylish windows or terrace 1 - 4 persons, Air condition, direct dialing phone, Sat. TV, Mini Bar, Hair dryer.• Number of floors: 3 in the main building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Beach Albatros Sharm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Albatros Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Beach Albatros Egypt
- Beach Albatros Sharm El Sheikh