“Trying to save our relationship ;-)” 3 of 5 stars

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #134 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Batley, United Kingdom
“Trying to save our relationship ;-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I come to Egypt an awful lot and this was probably the nicest place I have stayed, the room was fantastic with a big double walk in shower.
The pool was not quite as nice round the loud side as the bottom was lifting but it was clean just a bit unsightly. Hasten to add we stayed round the quiet pool.

Stayed here Feb 2014 (SORRY THE REVIEW IS LATE SO I SELECTED JUNE 2014) with my now ex......read the title...we failed haha! Lazy sod stayed in bed/the room till early afternoon...we are in our 30's not teenagers....there's far too much sun and fun to be had to stay festering in a room all day.

That is not to say that I did not have a truly amazing week packed full of quad biking buggy racing and diving. (THE DIVING HERE IS TRULY BREATHTAKING) Shop around for a full day boat trip with food snorkeling and Diving for about £20-£40 includes a video and pics of your dive :-) Adam in reception sorted this out for us.

We met some lifelong friends here and the staff were fab. The food was samey and again if you are a fussy eater you may be a little hungry but luckily I'll eat anything.

It is only a short walk through to Naama Bay and the beaches, just cut through the hotel across the road and you're there.
There is a fantastic restaurant on the left just before you get into the main part of Naama Bay. I cannot remember the name but it is right on the beach opposite the large hotel at the end on the right.

Pomodoro will always be my favorite restaurant there please go if you enjoy good food, the beef carpaccio is to die for.

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club

Emma and k***head :-)

Room Tip: Room by the quiet pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
renfrew
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my first time at this hotel but fifth time in sharm.
I was a little worried before my visit due to the mixed reviews however I was very happy with the hotel

Room
Big enough for two twins beds and a smaller bed for my daughter
Plenty of space for our belongings
Bathroom was clean and shower was huge
Housekeeper came every day and cleaned to high standard and made lovely towel animals with flowers on them

Pool
Only sat at 'quiet' pool as was right outside our room
Towel guy reserved our loungers every morning for us
Barman (diesel) couldn't do enough for us. Brought us drinks around all day and was playful with my daughter
Chef (ahmed) cooked delicious burgers and chips for when we wanted a snack

Animation team
Great and enthusiastic team especially Mohamed
Always friendly and keen to get everyone involved in games
We only went to the evening entertainment once as had other plans but could tell they put a lot of effort in
Went with team on organised visit to soho square. Worth a visit and felt more comfortable could go as a group.

Restaurant
Staff very friendly
Always found something to eat even after two weeks there
At a previous hotel in sharm, guests suffered from upset stomachs due to food. However my family didn't experience any illness at this hotel. And didn't hear of anyone else complaining about food

Overall
Great location - supermarkets and cafes nearby. Also short walk into naama bay
Brilliant staff - all friendly and welcoming that went above and beyond their duties to provide great service to guests
Clean rooms and hotel

I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. And I hope to return here soon :)

Stayed April 2015
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have just got back from this hell hole I have been to egypt loads of times but this hotel is just awful please please don't waste your money all the plates are chipped the glasses are cracked and chipped I cut my lip on a glass sun beds broke restaurant just filthy ate out because it was that bad this hotel needs closing down asap the chairs all ripped and dirty the wine which you can only have at meal times is like dish water I can't say it enough but please don't waste your money on this awful dirty hotel it needs to be taken out of the brochure

Room Tip: Just don't book any room and don't go to this hotel
Runcorn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just back from a week at this hotel and yes can agree with most reviews in desperate need of some serious updating, such a shame, has so much potential to be a lovely hotel and probably has been in it's time, lovely staff from cleaner up to restaurant manager, they all work so hard, food can be a little hit and miss but generally found something to eat each mealtime, would go back to Sharm but will try another hotel, just outside hotel lovely little bar called Halo run by Shea what a lovely helpful man, assisted us when my luggage did not arrive, consequently leaving me with no clothes for 2 days.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Service is extremely bad, rooms are very dirty, food is disgusting, staff are sucks,the attitude of the treatment is the worst, can't find words how this hotel is horrible, worms in the food, the smiles of bathroom is sucks, all in all the worst hotel in sharm El sheikh

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came to thins hotel for 10 days in the first week of March to do my PADI Scuba Diving course. I brought two friends (ages 20-22) with me they stayed at the hotel while I was out doing my course for 4 days.
The room was fine, always clean with the cleaners always trying to impress you with a different animal every day! All facilities worked well and had no major issues. We stayed by the quiet pool which was really the 'English Pool' however as we're into sports and having a laugh the words 'quiet' on a sign put us off so didnt stay there once. We stayed at the main pool. People are saying its disgusting and unclean I can't believe this is the case its simply old and needs to be retiled. I went in it every day playing Water polo and had no issues. I even had a cut on my foot and went into the water a day after. Needless to say I still have my foot.
The food I must admit was impressive but if you've been to Egypt its pretty much what you'd expect and for the price we couldn't moan. The drinks however were local not Coca Cola or Fanta but it isnt a big deal when they fill half the cup with rum anyway :)
The highlight was without doubt the Animation Team got on really well with Mido and Mo and went out with them most nights to Nama Bay and they always made sure we got home safe. They tried setting up activities everyday but it simply wasnt busy enough and the evening shows were all run by Mido and Mo as you could tell the Hotel wouldn't give them a budget to hire entertainers.
All staff members (apart from reception) can't do enough for you and will do anything they can to help. The rooms are good, the food is ok and if you're up for getting involved the entertainment is fun also. Me and my mates are already looking at prices to head back again as it was perfect for relaxing in the day then heading out with friends and the animation team in the night. Brilliant people the fault is at the top where the funding has clearly stopped so with what they're doing and what they have you can't fault them!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Billingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a 10 night second visit, our first was 3 years ago, what a difference 3 years make.... the place feels as if it's on the verge of closing down and it feels like it's hanging on by the skin of its teeth. No complaints about the room at all, first floor 2119, lovely and spacious near the "quiet" pool, the white bed linen is really old and stained with sun cream in places but it looks and smells clean, if you want fresh bedding you have to put the door sign out and your bottom sheet and pillow cases will be changed, cleaner came to change towels/clean daily.
Public areas are a mess and it's such a shame, I'd agree with all the other reviews about these areas. 95% of the sunbeds are near to collapse, the food hall is scruffy as are the bar and reception areas. The main pool is an absolute disgrace, it does indeed look like a swamp!!! Rumour had it while we were there a guy cut his foot in that pool and he had to have part of his foot removed to try and stop infection from spreading up his leg..!!! When we were there in 2012 we did use the big pool but every time we did our feet got stained blue so we stopped using it. Another rumour is the hotel is owned by 2 Russians who have had a falling out and neither one will put any money into the place, judging on how it has deteriorated in 3 years I can believe it...!!!!
The "entertainment" is a joke, we were expecting the same as last time, Fire Dancers, Belly dancers, Male Egyptian Dancing etc but what we got was Russian karaoke (90% Russian guests in hotel) organised by the animation team. Judging by the lack of number of guests in the hotel this must determine the quality of entertainment because we would say the hotel was running half empty at best!!! We saw the infamous "Mido" from the animation team a couple of times but the other 2 seemed like they needed a bit more animation themselves because they wandered quite listlesly around most of the time.
The 1 member of staff who we would give 10/10 would be Chico from the quiet pool, he was lively, funny and on the ball all of the time. He stood his ground when he refused a Russian who wanted Chico to serve his young son with alcohol, unfortunately the staff run on a weekly rota and we only had him for a week, he was a breath of fresh air.
Another point, on our last visit all the drinks apart from spirits were named e.g Coke, Sprite, Fanta and Stella, this time even these were local which shows everything is ran on a shoestring.
The one thing the hotel must be doing correctly is food hygiene because neither my husband or myself had any stomach problems at all and we ate in the restaurant at some point every day, we also ate the pool snacks, but it has to be said we were ultra careful checking our food before we ate it..!!
The position of the hotel is good, 15 mins walk into Naama Bay and 5-10 mins to the Delta beach linked to the hotel.
I would highly recommend "Halo" cafe/bar right outside of the hotel, free wifi, sensibly priced drinks and lovely pie, chips and gravy. Their pie's are homemade by, in the owners words, "a lovely little Welsh lady who has lived in the area for several years" definately worth a go :-).
All in all we made the most of our holiday but we would not return to this hotel, if you have already booked to stay here you need to go with an open mind and low expectations, if you are just researching the hotel you would be wise to have it as the very last choice on your list, shortly I will be contacting Thomson to ask them why they are linked to such a poor hotel!!!

Room Tip: Email the hotel requesting a quiet pool room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club? Share your experiences!