“Nice but nothing overly special” 4 of 5 stars

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #114 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Nice but nothing overly special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to Sharm and I would definately go back a third time however I would probably not return to this hotel.

We arrived at about midnight as our flight had been delayed and to be fair to the staff they checked us in efficiently, took our bags to our rooms and there was some bread and fruit waiting for us in our room. It was on arrival that we first noticed the strange layout of this hotel - you have to walk through the Rosetta part of the Hotel to get to the Jasmine.

The Rosetta seemed to be where Egyptians went and everyone else was in the Jasmine. The Rosetta pool looked lovely with nice subbed a with little mattresses, fake plastic grass on the floor so they didn't burn their feet and nice wooden umbrellas for shade. The jasmine 'quiet' pool on the other hand had old worn down sunbeds and umbrellas, a number of which were completely broken, nothing on the floor to stop our feet from burning and quite a few cracked tiles and in general could just do with a lick of paint.

We stayed by the 'quiet' pool for the first week when it lived up to its name and it was lovely! However the second week we got a different towel guy who was also incharge of the pool music! He spent all day with it on full blast skipping songs which drove me mad! I didn't think a lot of his music was appropriate for kids either with swearing in it!

We spoke to the thomson rep about this and he obviously spoke to the towel guy about it as it improved. The towel guy himself still annoyed us though as he did things that he found funny but no one else seemed to - like he found throwing things in your face funny - I'm up for a laugh but when I'm wearing glasses I don't really want them to get broken by someone throwing something in my face!!

The bar men at the quiet pool were fab always topping up drinks and cooking chips chicken and burgers throughout the day. Would have been nice if they did ice cream as well!

The food in the jasmine restaurant was lovely. There was always a massive selection of food to choose from and 2 of the waiters and the manager were always up for a laugh and playing tricks and doing magic tricks!

Our only criticism of the restaurant was in the second week when they closed the Rosetta restaurant so everyone ate in the Jasmine restaurant. Us British would stand in queues where Egyptians would go straight to the front and you could tell they were favoured by the grill chefs as they would be given bigger portions than us!

We used the beach facilities - viva is advertised as walking distance whereas wind is advertised as shuttle bus only but you can actually walk to both as they are 5 mins from each other! We didn't like viva as it was like sardines in a can with no fish but we went to wind a few times for snorkelling and saw much more than we expected to!

The rep Mamoud also recommended that we went to El Fanar beach! We went and it was so quiet and secluded with amazing coral and fish. I would recommend this to anyone, it was 60LE entry and you get given a towel and a bottle of water and amazing snorkelling sites!

We walked into Naama a few times at night which is much nicer if you cross the road and go down an alley just to the left of the hotel. We ate in hard rock in Naama one night which was lovely and not too expensive either (about £50 pp for 2 courses and drinks) but there are lots of people outside with discount vouchers so get some of them!

We also went to the Hardrock in Nabq as it was being built when we went to Sharm before. It's nice but as it's a quieter area of sharm it wasn't very busy.

We went to soho square which was good - the hotel reps arrange a weekly trip there one evening where you go on a coach and have a couple of hours there and then come back! I would recommend this trip as it was only £2pp! In all honesty this is probably the only decent thing the reps arranged as the rest of the entertainment was quite dire.

I know the reps did activities around the mains pool in the day but we went to go to that pool once and it looked like the bottom of it was dirty and needed a good clean!

The Thomson rep Mamoud was hilarious and always had us laughing! He was always there to help no matter what time of day and even if it was his day off!

The people on reception were polite but had very poor English so was hard to communicate especially at the end of our holiday when our transfer was over half an hour late and they told us all busses had gone, laughed in our face saying we should have got on any of the others and that we had to get a taxi - within minutes Mamoud had made a call and the bus was there!

The room cleaners were lovely who were always working and saying hello and making towel art!

If I was going to give anyone a tip for this hotel it would be not to bother with the Italian a la carte - it was dirty, the menus were so old you couldn't read certain words as they were smeared, the crockery and glasses had massive chunks mission and the food was not even edible! I would recommend if you want a nice meal avoid there and eat out one night! I know its free but you would have to pay me to eat there again it was that bad!

Overall we did have an amazing holiday as we went as a group of 3 couples and had a great time together. The hotel neither made the holiday or ruined the holiday but a lot of the people we met there did make the holiday much more enjoyable!

For a cheap deal with a good location for Naama I would recommend this hotel but I will not be returning

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just arrived home after spending a fabulous two weeks at this resort. The staff are fantastic and are always willing to help. The animation team are outstanding and definitely go above and beyond to ensure that everyone is catered for, considering the hours that they work, no stone is left unturned where entertainment is concerned - go "Fox" and "Charlotte" :)
The food is good and there was plenty of choice for everyone. The room was great although the hotel could do with updating, especially the Jasmine Bar area. Our rep Mahmoud was lovely and always willing to help, not one of these reps that you see when arrive and then not again till you leave, like most holiday reps - he was there every day, even on his day off, to help.
A must is the Ultimate Desert excursion as this is a brilliant way to spend the afternoon and evening, with lots to do and see.
We will definitely be returning :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my second visit to the Tropicana Jasmine and I have not been disappointed at all!!!
I travelled alone with my two children aged 9 and 15 and never once felt uncomfortable or alone.
Many of the staff actually remembered me from 2 years ago which is amazing as they must see sooooo many people.
On arrival it is too late for the restaurant but they now put you a few nibbles in your room (bread, ham, cheese and fruit) which is new from last time and would have been welcome if the kids hadn’t already decided to have a maccy d's delivered :-) which "number 3" on reception happily sorted for us no problem.
We spent a lot of time in the "noisy pool" which yes does require refurbishment but its a clean pool and still good fun especially Ahmed and his coctails!! Towards the end of our two days we used the "English" pool which actually was a bit more fun,,,
The kids were thoroughly entertained and kept busy, be this with guests or the staff especially the animation team, they have a tough job entertaining us British but my lord they do very very well.... Fox is cheeky but good with it and Charlotte is a diamond!!!
The staff well,,,, WOW they are the most helpful I have ever known and cannot say enough how good they are! Abdo, Alaa, Walleed, Atwa, Eid, Hosam (DAN), Karim, the pool guy “Oliver twist” and so many more I can’t remember them all were totally amazing and made the holiday what it was.
The food yes ok does get a little bit same old but there is always something to eat and we weren’t ill!!!!
The rooms were fab cleaned everyday and the cleaner loves making you things out of the towels,, I hated taking them apart to shower,
We went on a Thomson trip which I think was a bit pricy but was fantastic we did the glass bottom boat, the red sea snorkelling and then shopping in Dahab, but when you book a snorkel trip you need to remember another £6 per person for the snorkel equipment! But do it it’s a once in a lifetime experience.

If you think you need a five star think again, this 3 star hotel gives five star service..

The kids have begged me to book again for next august so I guess we will be back guys!!! Can’t wait!!!

I could go on and on but i think you should just go find out for yourself!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after 2 weeks here & it was the best holiday ever!!! the staff were fantastic. Cheeky monkey Ahmed makes the best cocktails ever & is the loveliest person you will meet. Karam was so lovely & always making sure we were ok. Amir, Abdo, Alaa, Mohammed & Eid in the restaurant were fabulous. The food was lovely, a little but repetitive but very nice & the Italian restaurant is definitely worth a visit. The animation team were always making sure you were happy & having a good time & the management team could not do enough for you. Our rep Mahmoud was brilliant!! He came round every day to make sure we were ok & happy with everything. I cannot fault this place at all & I am already saving to go back. Ignore all the bad reviews & go & make your own decision. I assure you will not regret it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Been hear with my partner 18 month ago n absolutely loved it its not that far from beach 5 min walk the staff were great I cannot wait to return next month this time with my baby everytine iv been on holiday to egypt iv had a upset stomach its just the change in there food its all edable some of these reviews made ne thibk twice before going but I loved it so dnt let them bother u just go :)

• Stayed February 2013
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hi we have just returned back from 2 weeks at this hotel and to be honest this was the second time we have stayed here and I must say what a great hotel,you will hear people saying that they did not like it here and the food was not good ,but we found it great the only thing I would say is the food gets a little repetative ,any how the staff remembered me and my family from the last visit which was back in july last year , and I must say it was great to see the familier face's ,Atwan Mhandy the guest relations manager was a lovely man who would sort out any problems should you have one , also the Thomson rep Mohmoud was really helpful and was always on hand if you should need him , the place was clean and tidy and the rooms were always cleaned and fresh clean bedding and towels every day , I would recommend this hotel for value for money and the location is great to walk to Naame Bay so book a week or two hear and have a great holiday .It was nice to see the staff in the resturant still there ,mr Whaldi and Abdo also Alaa and MOhummand were all there waiting with great smiles every day .

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2104 which was ground level and near the pool so any rooms from there up to 2115 yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We have just got back from tropicana Rosetta & jasmine hotel for our honey moon,on arrivals we was made to feel very welcome got shown to our room and we both said wow it was lovely the bed was massive the room was very clean with refreshment left out as arrived after dinner time, we was on the top floor with a view of swimming pool and bar and couldn't hear noise from these, there was two buffet restaurants with a mixture of foods but after a couple of days we got a bit fed up with them, then the Italian À la cart restaurant the food was fantastic, our rep Mahmoud was fantastic couldn't do enough for us and other guests, we done two trips one to soho square and one to dahab on a 3 in 1 boat trip that was fantastic well worth money. The hotel staff are amazing they work so hard to meet everyone's needs and by the end of your holiday you feel like they are your friends, just outside there is the star cafe where you can smoke a shisha pipe get a cold drink and use there wifi. We would defiantly go back again it was a beautiful hotel with lovely people and in a very good location walking distance to beach, the beach was lovely you could see the fish in the sea where the water was so clear and lovely place for snorkelling
or you can get the bus,the walk is nice as all different restaurants along the way,also 10 min walk to namma bay where you can get your holiday gifts, or go for dinner, the staff and Mahmoud really helped to make our holiday special nothing we asked was to much for them we will defiantly go back

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club? Share your experiences!