“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We were forced into this hotel after our flight was cancelled on Sunday 6/5/12 and Monarch Airlines arranged for all the passengers to stay there. It was mayhem with everyone trying to check in but on getting to the room - which took forever and was miles from the reception we were horrified when opening the door by the smell which hit us - I was expecting to find a decomposing body - trust me it was that bad. The bathroom was very old and manky (that is the polite words for it), enamel falling off the bath, filthy grouting in tiles, toilet not very clean - not one you really wanted to sit on! The room itself..... paint peeling off the walls, very dark furniture, a couch that had seen better days - a fridge which we did not open. Once the very large cockroach came out of hiding we grabbed our bags and got the hell out - those suckers can move fast!! After about 6 different flights of stairs we got our bags back to reception to find most of the passengers from the cancelled flight trying to get moved to another hotel thanks to cockroaches, maggots, rusting pipes, water down walls, dirty bed linen - including stained and hairy sheets - eek!! After a call to Amex in the UK we jumped in a cab and left to go to a clean and nice hotel. Some others were not so lucky and had to stay, but many other passengers bailed too. Never again will I enter into these premises, and if you value your health neither will you

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I thought hard before writing this review because I hate to dish the dirt with negative reviews. If I have a complaint and issue with my stay I find it’s far more productive to talk to the hotel at the time so problems can be resolved. Also I only stayed for 1 night and day as our flight was cancelled so they put us up in this hotel for the night. However I decided to write a comment as my conscience swayed to the idea that I would rather dish the dirt and warn others than just leave them to find out for themselves.

I didn’t talk to the hotel staff because I was tired and warn out from our cancelled flight I was asked by a duty manager at lunch if everything was ok with my food and my stay. Again I decided not to comment as if they had to ask they obviously just didn’t get it! Of course it wasn’t ok!!

Of the of the 280 passengers who were offered to stay I believe over 30 left for over hotels. I won’t go into the reasons why and will instead discuss just my own experience.

Arrival and check in was fast and friendly although chaotic this was more than understandable considering the mass check in.

On being shown to our room the first thing that hit me was the stale musty odour, the tired chipped old fashioned furniture with a TV left from the 80’s. My first thought was if this hotel is ready to accommodate nearly 300 people and very short notice it’s obviously used to running a low occupancy and must have had this room shut down until a busier time. However this didn’t excuse the state of the bathroom. Old chipped and dirty what you may expect when on a backpacking trip in South America. Plug sockets were broken and unsafe. The bed was hard as stone and the sheets had a blood stain on.

Dinner was dire but again we hit them by surprise at 10pm so it was just probably left over dinner from that night’s service.
Breakfast was ok as its impossible to ruin and omelette.

Lunch was the first time in my life I left my entire plate of food from the buffet as it could only be described as insulting and offensive. I decided to have a beer instead. When I enquired for the price I was told it would be £7!! When a hotel is so quite and in times of troubled tourism for Egypt with a world recession hotels must work hard to make good impressions. This could have been an opportunity for the Pyramisa to shine. I think there was far to much grime to see it.

Dunstable, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever had the pleasure of being in, ever, and I was only there two hours.

Our flight was cancelled, therefore we were taken to this hotel for the evening along with 300 or so other lucky passengers.

The hotel is cockroach infested, lets put it that way. We were moved from the first room, to another one with a "king size bed", the new room had either bedbugs or fleas, either way we weren't staying to find out. We went back to the original hotel. Before leaving we went into the room opposite us to find 5 more cock roaches and one next door with a further 4. I expect lots of further comments similar to mine over the next few days.

Upon pointing out to the hotel manager about the cockroaches and bugs, I was told to "stop being disrespectful or check out". The hotel must have known it wasn't fit for habitation, as even the hotel taxi driver asked if it was a "bad room" en route to our original hotel before laughing when I said yes.

So in summary, if you like your hotels, straight off "Holidays from Hell" this is your place.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: Um... find one with no cockroaches.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I were put up in this hotel after our flight was cancelled on Sunday. We attempted to check in to 1 of 2 rooms the first smelt of damp and mould and the air conditioning unit was broken. The second was infested with cockroaches. Didn't see much more of the hotel or experience the food to comment but after a horrific experience at the airport this was the last place either myself or my fellow 300+ passengers wanted to stay. We chose to move next door to the blissful confines of the Xperience Sea Breeze resort instead which was a palace in comparison.

Kettering, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

total nightmare,NO way a 5 star,went there when my daughter was 2 and steps everywhere,took 20 mins to even get to the hotel from our room.entertainment was non existant and plastic cups..would never go again,food disgusting also..would rather keep money in the bank,ended up paying to go into sultan gardens for 2 days and that was lush!hope this helps.

Room Tip: loook for something else!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
George, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a really good place to base yourself, he food was good the variety of restaurants really good. The staff very friendly and helpfull The snorkelling right in front of the hotel was exelent. The best hotel we stayed at in Egypt!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
windermere U.K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed for one week using timeshare points. Problems on arrival as refused to allocate unit booked, due to reduced number of occupants. Given a smaller unit (which was fine) but no kitchen facilities. As we were staying with a young baby it made this slightly difficult with food preparation. Staff at the complex were excellent especially with the children. Units although a little tired, were kept clean by the dedicated cleaner. The choice of food in the numerous restaurants was wonderfull. None of us including 2yr old had any stomach problems. Beach was lovely with covered area at rear for children. Swimming pools were kept clean and one was heated. Never very busy. If your not looking for 5* luxury but a good holiday I would recommend this complex.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dessole Pyramisa Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!