WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT STAY AT LUNA HOTEL IN SHAREM EL SHAKIE.
I traveled with 20+ people who all have the same opinion as me. It was a disaster of an experience. They say it’s a 3 star hotel but trust me it doesn’t even deserve a quarter of a star. Let me start with management, they are extremely rude. They serve better food at a homeless shelter or at least it’s not expired or moldy. A Family member attempted to eat pasta and it had a moldy taste to it, when they approached the cook, he confessed some of the food is old and it’s due to poor management. The rooms and pool, let just say they did a great job with their photography on the site. The pool is extremely small and does not have any type of fun activities. Other hotels in the area had 7 pools, volleyball net, slides, basketball net, and a bar within the pool. The rooms have very uncomfortable beds and only provide you with ONE pillow. I entered the bathroom and they accidentally placed a rag for a face towel on the towel rack by the sink. The shower head was broken and needed to bend over to use the bottom half of the shower (which barely worked)
AND BY FAR THE WORST THING AND MOST DIGUSTING THING THERE. While I was in the pool, I would smell a stench all around the hotel. I saw some of the hotel staff doing some gardening and I thought it must be the fertilizer. By my 3rd night returning from the beach, I smelled the stench from outside the hotel. I asked the staff, do you have to place fertilizer everyday around this time, can it wait until the guests are asleep because the smell is horrible. He informed me it was sewage water. They use sewage water to water the plants EVERYDAY. We saw so many insects in the rooms, stuff I never seen in my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luna Sharm Hotel is an attractive low rise hotel that is located amongst palm trees and beautiful scenery. This hotel offers comfort and great value for money and is ideal for families and couples. This elegantly designed hotel is located in heavenly place of Om El Sid Hill only in a few miles from Naama Bay the center of Sharm-El-Sheikh. The Old Market of Sharm and famous street "Il Mercato", where you can find a number of cafes, restaurants, shops and even an Aquapark are nearby. A cozy hotel is proud of its excellent service, spacious and comfortable rooms and good food. The convenient location of the Luna sharm Hotel allows to inspect the Sharm-El-Sheikh or to visit Naama Bay independently. In addition, the hotel is close to the bus station from where buses depart to Cairo and Dahab. The hotel complex is represented by two two-storey buildings, whose facades are decorated in typical Arabian style. The interior is without any frills: everything is very easy and very comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Luna Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Luna Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Luna