“Absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

July 2011 - I am certainly one who likes excellent quality and service, and I was not disappointed here.
The staff were lovely and very helpful, from the waiters to the housekeeping. They were there to do everything they possibly could to help you. There were points where before I even finished my drink, a waiter would have already got me another and brought it over the moment my empty glass hit the table.
Our room was lovely, maybe not what you would expect with an English 5* but very nice and always cleaned well, as well as spacious and comfortable.
The evening entertainment wasn't great, but that wasn't a disappointment for us as we aren't in to that sort of thing.
The food was delicious, we were never stuck for choice, and as a vegetarian this is hard to come by!
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, and would love to go back.
The staff and service really did make the holiday that much better, and I cannot fault it, especially the staff in the Eagles lounge - Mohammed Ali was a fantastic, friendly and lovely waiter who deserves to be commended for his hard work!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
LONDON,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

A friend and Myself stayed here from 8th-15th July.
The Hotel was lovely very clean and tidy and plenty of space. We had a twin room with views of the very well landscaped hotel gardens, the room itself was very nice, which was a surprise as some reviews we had read had indicated that rooms were poorly decorated. ours was lovely. Our cleaner was very dedicated to keeping the room clean and we were given fresh towels every day even on the days when we had hung them for reuse.

The staff at this hotel are very dedicated to ensuring your holiday is an amazing experieince and this goes from the bell captains who transport your luggage all the way through to the hotel management, everyone is always smiling, they work very long hours here for very little pay but are always on hand with a smile and a hello.
The entertainment team will try to ensure you are involved in the evening activities around the bar terrace area and are not offended if your not the type of person who like to join in they will always sit and have a chat with you ask how your holiday is going etc, The hotel has themed nights in the main restaurant, they do some amazing vegetable scultptures and used some very good props to bring theme to life, to say they make and effort is an understatement. the food is very good and there is something for all tastes, even people with allergies, i have a nut allergy so where food description labels were not available just asked the chef if it contained nuts, this was mainly around the deserts.
We would highly recomend a trip to the egyptian speciality restaurnat this is 4 courses of lovely food and your waiter will contiue to fill your wine glass, then after the meal you are invited to the sofas to partake in the shisha pipes.

All the bars in the hotel are very good and the bar staff are very good at remembering your drinks orders, there is an extensive cocktail menu well worth a try, and the rose wine is ok with a meal. The Hotels disco makes for a nice late night dance and the DJ plays some very good music, the drinks in here are also part of your all inclusive and then when that closes at 2pm you have the 24 hours bar if you still wanted to stay up. All the water is served bottled so no concerns there. In your room the small fridge contains two bottles of soft drink and a bottle of water which are replaced daily if you use them.

The sea in the area can be quite choppy at times but there is a life guard at the end of the jetty all day and the area around the jetty is roped of with bouys etc, this is a lovely cooling part of the day and even for the none swimmer the jetty offers a great chance to see some amazing sealife around the coral. Take some water shoes for entering the sea on the beach as this is rocky in places as close to the coral.

Outside of the hotel there is also lots to do, within 20 mins walk you have a wide choice of restaurants which iniclude TGI fridays, and soon to open hard rock cafe, there are also numerous shops to venture to for your souveniers. We went to the Old sharm market with the reps on a monday evening this is an experience but not recommended for those not willing to haggle on the prices, we also went to soho square this is a really good evening out with lots of activities to take part in including bowling, cinema, ice rink they also have the ice bar and a nighclub for the adults, there is also plenty of shopping here and a number of reasonably priced restaurants to dine at.

Overall we had a really good holiday here and are already anticipating a return trip. We would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to visit sharm especially those visiting Egypt for the first time like my friend. Be aware that during July and August it is very hot here so make sure you take plenty of high factor sun creams and something to cover your head as the scalp can become burnt quite quickly.

Looking forward to a return trip soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We arrived at the magic life around 8.30pm and were quickly driven to our room... ( very fun ) we were sent for our evening meal promptly.... What can i say about this place the staff are lovely helpful and cant do enough for you.. The highlights were definatley the stargazing trip and quad biking in the desert ( wouldnt book through thomsons though as very expensive) Check out SINAI SAFARIS a lovely english couple named TIM and JAN and half the price of thomsons... The Mai Thai and Sofra ( Egyptian ) are a must and you really are treated like royalty.... after the egyptian i would recommend the shisha pipes next door which is a fun way to spend the evening... A special shout out to the Cafe Sissi where you can go and enjoy nice coffee and cake and antonio is a legend ! Looking forward to a return visit one day. Marc and Sarah 19-7-2011.......26-7-2011

Room Tip: all rooms are good but block 18 gives u scope to explore all areas...
mas3105
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I have just spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the Club magic life in Sharm. From the moment we arrived the service was superb. After a 5 hour flight the norm is to check into reception but as the restaurant was about to close when we arrived, so they skipped checking and rushed us through for a quick bite. . Our room overlooked the relax pool which is tucked away from the fun and activity of the main pool. The room was ideal and the air con gave us a lovely cool hideaway from the heat of the afternoon. The bar staff were superb, understanding that it was just too stressful having to get up from the sunbeds to get another drink so they just brought it straight to you often without being asked. All the staff on site were very courteous and friendly always saying hello. We have never seen so much variety of different dishes in the main restaurant with a different themed night each evening. If this is not enough there are 3 other restaurants Egyptian (you have to try the bread), a Fish restaurant and our fave the Thai. My thanks to the team in the sea front/Thai restaurant for their service and making my wife's birthday so memorable with a cake, sing song and a dance! The coffee house in the tower is a bit of a secret, it serves good Austrian coffee, cake and apple strudel and is a lovely place to chill out of an evening.
A word of warning though I had some clothes stolen from my hotel room. If this happens to you report it to the hotel management while you are there. We reported it upon our return to the UK only to have the club magic life in Austria blame us and state that there is no thievery happening on their site

Room Tip: We went for the junior suite which gives a little extra room for relaxing or just spreading out
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We staying in this hotel second week in July and had a very relaxing and enjoyable trip. There were no hidden costs, the food selection was fantastic (our fav a la carte restaurant was the Egyptian restaurant) and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

We upgraded to a sea view room and thought the lovely view was worthwhile. Otherwise main recommendation is simply to book this hotel!

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Returned from Magic Life on 19th July. I booked this hotel after reading reviews of the resort. I must admit that I thought some reviews were 'over the top' but I have to agree this is the best resort I have ever stayed in (visited Red Sea area six times).

Whilst other hotels have also been very good, I find it very difficult to find fault with Magic Life. The food was superb and my husband who is a very fussy eater and usually lives off fries whilst we are away, raved about the standard of food and was going back for second (and sometimes third ) helpings. The sauces that accompanied various meat and fish dishes were to die for and the desserts were also delicious and varied.
with pastries so light, and every mouthful packed with flavour that seemed to last forever. Again we had to restrain ourselves after one night of over-indulgence!

At lunchtime we would visit the Mai Tai restaurant which served 'snacks from around the world' at lunch time where, alongside the freshly cooked buffet (with a good range of dishes including pasta,pizzas,panninis, salads etc; they also serve chicken,beef and fish fajitas on request and they are delicious! Again, the staff were fabulous and very attentive with friendly but not over obtrusive banter. Lovely! Highly recommend a visit here.

The Magico has various theme nights, eg Italian, Egyptian, Gala evening and there is an enourmous amount of effort that goes towards the staging of themes. Magic life! this was very much appreciated by us as it added to the ambience of the dining experience.

There are three Al a carte restaurants but quite frankly, we didnt feel the need.
The service we received in the Magico and Mai Tai restraunt was nothing short of outstanding. The waiters were polite, super attentive and drinks served, replenished at lightening speed! When undecided on what to drink on one occassion we were offered champagne. Fantastic!

I can say that the service provided was not tip oriented. We had decided that we would not tip until the end of our visit. When we did tip, we placed it in the boxes placed in various areas and this was because of our admiration for the amazing team effort. For example I thought that the chefs who were working so quickly and efficiently in blistering heat (the temp was 38-42 degrees) deserved medals for their outstanding produce, and again, as all staff in Magic life, were polite,friendly and extemely helpful.

As for hygene, again outstanding, there is cleaning occuring at all times and Magic life invite you to inspect their kitchen facilites twice weekly. The waiters where always looked very clean and smarly dressed and the chefs uniforms were always immaculate ( I worked in English hotel and restraunts for ten years, and believe me during a busy service, this is an no mean feat).

Our room was located near the 'relax pool' which suited us as I like a 'fly and flop' holiday.
The pool is quiet with no music and has its own beach bar, where waitors will serve cold jugs of drinks and fresh fruit around the pool. You can also get ham,cheese and chicken rolls from lunchtime till late afternoon if you do not have the energy to walk to the restraunts.

There is a larger activity pool located close to the main restraunt for those who like that sort of thing, with various activities organised by the animation team. Cant say much about this as not my cup of tea.

I found the accomodation teeny bit dated, but a lot larger than the photographs I have seen and very clean and kept to that standard by the cleaners on a daily basis. I dont understand why tea and coffee making facilities are not provided in the room, but I took
advice of previous reviewers and took a travel kettle.

What made my room special was the towel arrangements, and in particular, on my husbands birthday (we did not inform anyone as we are 'no fuss' people) there was a fantastic suprise waiting for us when we returned to our room. Well done Magic Life for this attention to detail and we were overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of this gesture!

On the whole I think the resorts photographs do not do it justice. In previous reviews the beautiful gardens are mentioned, but the picutes did not seem to indicate anything special, however they are indeed beautiful, well established,and, as every where in Magic Life, immaculately maintained. A real pleasure to walk through as we would stroll down to the fabulous, practically empty beach, with plenty of choice of frontline sunbeds.
No need to run out early morning and reserve a place with your towels here! Not hassled on the beach with invitations for camel rides, trips etc which has been my experience in other resorts

I understand that the resort is currently running at 75% occupancy due to the recent troubles, but we felt perfectly secure and imagine that even when this hotel returns to 100% occupancy, you would not feel crowded as the grounds with its twists and turns, and the large beach area give the impression of space and quiet.

Also like to give a mention to the jewellers located in small shopping area. A very civilised no hassle affair. I bought two watches and small necklace at a good price. Im usually quite reluctant to enter shops as hassled to death, but this was not the case here.

As I have mentioned I have been to the Red Sea and surrounding area six times in total.
All the hotels have been very good, but I think what makes Magic Life that bit special is their attention to detail; the range of facilities; the exceptional staff who worked at a fantastic pace to ensure guests needs were met. I really feel many of our English resteraunts and hotels are put to shame when compared to the standard of hygene and service we received here.
I have read in previous reviews that people would return to this hotel in a heartbeat, which I thought must be a bit exagerrated, but following our visit I would totally agree. Can't recommend enough and OOOHH I miss it sooo much! Many thanks to the Magic Life team.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

this hotel is the most amazing place. we went there on our honeymoon and we were overwhelmed by the hotel.the staff were amazingly helpful and freindly. the food was fantastic with a great range to suit even the fussiest of eaters. we ate in the main resturaunt every night bar 1 and we didnt eat the same thing twice. the room was big, clean and very comfortable. we will deffinately be going back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial? Share your experiences!