If you are after a holiday which involves sleeping, eating, drinking, swimming and snorkelling/diving, then this is the place to be. Water sports, bands, club nights and mini shows are also on offer. Due to the 'troubles', venturing out too much further afield for more cultural stuff is possibly a no-no at the moment, but the plus side is that you are completely safe in the holiday complex. When my other half was poorly one night I was totally fine walking about on my own, and the security is reassuringly tight. Even the traders keep a fatherly eye, your well-being is top of the list.
The hotel is plush, with a multitude of helpful staff - coming back to Luton on Saturday was a rude shock, where you have to cajole staff into acknowledging you. S class is a must, as the inflated prices could really ruin your holiday if you are counting the pennies - the food is ok in the main (huge variety at breakfast), but if you like steak, the Hot Rock restaurant & steak house are a MUST. Australian beef that melts in the mouth, absolutely world class. Just a shame that with S class you can sit at the bar necking whiskey from dawn if you like, but can't take a bottle of wine to your room of an evening to be quiet and romantic on the balcony, without a £20 - £30 charge. If you go to the Old Market for some crazy shopping though (taxi £29) there is an organic wine shop (all Egyptian wine is organic as far as we could see) and you can buy bottles for £5 - £7. All that apart, we signed for every drink and morsel in the hotel and at the end.....had a bill of £0.
The taxi service in the lobby was excellent. Insured (!) cars, safe driving (the off-the-street taxi is an experience), and information about the area all good, prompt pick-up and not overpriced. It was my only gripe about the hotel, the lack of info about Sharm in general, but as we waited to leave for England we spotted a hotel chap briefing some newcomers with a map - however no-one had told us that he existed. Diving - fabulous and safe. Housekeeping - out of this world, we were not the greatest of guests, always up late and pretty awful but they were consistently lovely. Big room, scrummy balcony. The best bit - the snorkelling is free, just hop off the jetty next to your sunlounger and it's GORGEOUS!!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
- Savoy Sharm
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh offers its guests more accommodation options than ever before. In addition to the beautiful hotel and surroundings, we also present the Royal Savoy and the Savoy Villas. The Royal Savoy is an exclusive category of accommodation: a self-contained 'Club' wing, with impeccable style and services that redefine the meaning of luxury. The Royal has its own private lounge, pool and beach area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.