I stayed at the Savoy from 29 Nov to 6 Dec with my best friend for her birthday celebrations. Overall the stay was memorable and fun..We travelled with Thomas Cook on a B/B basis.
Positives - Hotel was situated in Soho Sq which is full of restaurants, bars, cafes etc.
The beach was beautiful and the water was so clear and blue. The coral reef was beautiful we saw stingrays, lion fishes and laods of other brightly coloured fishes. I recommend snorkelling and diving as it was suppose tobe amazing, I didnt go but we knew a few people who did and they really recommended it. The pool area is really clean and relaxing with I think 2 heated pools. Spa facilities were OK, i got a massage but It was not the best. We went on a StarGazing excursion which was amazinggg.. we went to a desert for a traditional bbq and a camel ride. We then had a professional astronomer who explained the constellations and planets to the group. We could see the milky way and planet jupiter which was an experience, we also saw a shooting star to top it off! Para sailing was so much fun it cost us about 20 english pounds. Naama Bay was about 10min cab ride, this is a very busy area and you do get hasseled so just ignore and walk. staying at the Savoy means you get 25% off all restaurants at Soho Sq so this really is worth it, the restaurants vary to Indian, Thai, Chinese, Steak House etc. There is a light and musical fountain which is on every 25 min I think in the evenings. The rooms are spacious and all the house keeping staff were friendly.
Negatives - The hotel is very large we were initally given room 6129 which was too far out and it took us ages to get to the pool or beach so we were later moved to a room closer to pool - Room 2012. The corridor gets filled with loadssss of moths, it was horrible ...by the end of the trip I got used to them - this is a pre-warning to those who dont like creepy crawlies! The lights went off in our room and we had to call a electrician to come and fix it and also the water from the shower sprayed a yellowish colour water before it came clear..so again pre-warning dont go straight in there with the gargling :). We had to keep calling house keeping for a iron, they would not let us keep it in our room every time we returned to our room iron was gone - a big hotel like the Savoy should have irons available. Our face towels were never changed and we were only given one bath robe. The breakfast was limited, only three types of fruit and same food day in day out.
Athough it is a lovely hotel it didnt give out the '5 star quality'.. but nevertheless, Savoy is by far the best 5* hotel in Sharm and we are glad we chose it for our holiday for Sharm el Sheikh.
Tips - it will cost you about 35-40 EGY pounds to go to Naama Bay from Savoy so dont get ripped off, always agree the price before getting in..and also just say you have been here before so you know the prices.
Avoid having ice in drinks and drinkign water, always get botteled water.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Sharm
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh offers its guests more accommodation options than ever before. In addition to the beautiful hotel and surroundings, we also present the Royal Savoy and the Savoy Villas. The Royal Savoy is an exclusive category of accommodation: a self-contained 'Club' wing, with impeccable style and services that redefine the meaning of luxury. The Royal has its own private lounge, pool and beach area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.