“"Outstanding"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   86 - Pyramisa Road | Behind Conference Center, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #22 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Belfast, United Kingdom
“"Outstanding"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We arrived at this hotel 30th dec for a week and we couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate the new year.We were greeted on arrival at reception by front of house manager Sayed,transported to our room by golf buggy and telephoned to say some sandwiches and drinks had been laid on in the bar for us, as we arrived late this was just the start of a fabulous holiday.The rooms were lovely, spacious and clean and the food was to a high standard with various restaurants to eat in our favourite being the thai.The staff were friendly and attentive and the manager Sayed could not do enough for us and made our visit to the hotel memorable so much so we cannot wait to go back this year.There was some building work being done to suites but we can honestly say this did not disturb us in any way.This hotel is definitely 5 star and we just hope when it is totally completed we can afford to return here for another fabulous holiday there is only one word to describe this hotel "outstanding".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our tripadvisor website.

We are delighted that your stay was 'outstanding'!! and that level of service was to your satisfaction.

We are also happy that are staff here are one of the reasons you enjoyed your holiday so much and why you may return to SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort.

Many thanks again for your comments.

727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'd recommend the travelers, especially the family travelers with little kids to stay away of this hotel.
Why? First of all, the resort is still under construction. It's really noisy and there are lots of construction workers on the territory. And the worst thing is that the guests are placed into the buildings that are not completed yet. As it happened to me and my family when we arrived. There were no teapot, tea stuff, slippers, part of a furniture and... no HOT water! That was unacceptable as we had 3 years old daughter with us. It took 18 hours to move us to the other room after my request. There we could take shower and bathe our daughter at last. But there was extremely noisy as there was the kids pool just under our window. And it was a real problem to put our kid for the afternoon nap.
Besides the issue was an attitude of the staff. They were not welcoming at all, in most cases they were almost insulting. I could go on with my unpleasant impressions but I think it's already enough to get the idea of this hotel "5 stars service".
I've been to Sharm-el-Shaikh several time at other resorts but never had such kind of experience.

Important! there are airport near, very noisy from planes.

Dear Guest,

I apologise that the resort was not up to your expectations, and we appreciate your feedback.

As far as the construction is concerned we are a pre opening hotel so we will have construction and we have informed the tour operator of this. We really do not get many comments about any construction noise as it does seem to affect most of our guests.

All of our staff at the hotel are trained to give 100% customer service and help you as much as they can.

We will ensure for our future guests that they do not have any problems with the hot wat
er.

Again thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion, we hope you can return again and have amore enjoyable experience.

Barnsley, Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

It may have been that our expectations were too high but we found this hotel average at best. The setting is very nice, the public areas and rooms comfortable. What let the hotel down for us was the service and food in a number of restaurants - cold and slow.

We stayed from 30th December to 6th January and like other reviewers were pleasantly greeted with drinks etc - first impressions were positive.

The room was fine and comfortable. A disappointing first meal in the international buffet (dress code - zero) was shrugged off due to travelling all day. However the following days breakfast was also a repeat of our evening experience - cold food and slow service. No one seemed to take charge and plates, dishes etc were left to pile up - not really an issue but not what I expect from a 5 star.

Looking forward to the New Years eve celebrations we chose the Mediterranean restaurant based on the menu. The whole evening for us was a massive let down - unorganised, undercooked and cold food (raw prawns) and generally a bit flat. The icing on the cake - ordering drinks at 11.55 but being asked to wait as the waiter had to empty a bag of balloons onto the dance floor and then being told when served at 00:03 - sorry you have to pay, AI has finished - New Years eve!

As noted service was a major issue for us and our comments were acknowledged by senior staff who admitted that the number of guests booked into the hotel had significantly increased over the Christmas and New Year period. Unfortunately staff numbers hadn't - the impact of this was very slow service - 25 mins from ordering a drink to being served in Italian beach restaurant one afternoon. Likewise food orders in the same restaurant were often sat for long periods so that when it did arrive it was cold.

The food in the Indian and Thai restaurant was very good but service could be hit or miss despite table numbers being restricted to around 12 in each. Two waiters to cover a full service including drinks, taking food orders, food delivery and table clearance will always mean delays. We also ate in the French which was OK but had we been asked to pay I would have felt cheated based on what we received.

The hotel has a number of key staff who have been mentioned in previous reviews and they did try to address our (constructive) comments.

Perhaps we were very unlucky and despite the issues we encountered we made the best of our stay. The hotel has potential but I personally would not recommend to others until service and food issues have been sorted. Until they are I would rate the hotel 3 star at best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all the feedback that is given about the resort.

We are sorry to hear that you were disatisfied about our service in the restaurants, we are training our staff at the moment still so that they meet the expectations of all of our guests, we are also getting more staff everyday to reach the levels we need. I will pass on all of your feedback to the relevant departments.

Yes the French restaurant is extra charge but we do have 5 al a carte restaurants which are part of the all inclusive package also.

We hope that you can return once again to our resort.

Thank you again for your comment.

Tenby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Returned from the hotel 1st January and cannot beleive the previous review. We arrived around 4.30pm to be greeted with a cold drink and cold flannel at reception. We were then transported to our room on a Golf Buggy and shown around the resort en route. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean with great views of the pool and sea. We also had a lovely basket of fruit on arrival, with the cleaner coming in every day to change the sheets and towels and give a good clean. The speciality restaurants were open on a rotation basis during our stay as it was still a soft opening. We ate in the French, Indian and Thai - all with extreemly good service and excellent food. My husband loves his food expecially his meat and can be extreemly fussy eater but he enjoyed all the restuarants. The international buffet resturant put on what I can only describe as a first class banquet with the most food I have seen anywhere I have been and we have travelled extensively Mexico 5 times, Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Canaries, Spain, Turkey. The food and desserts were top class as were all the staff.
The Staff - what can I say "The Jewels in the Crown" from the resturants Eslam you are amazing, Bar staff too many to mention but Mahmoud, Mohamid, and "Lovely" always willing and always a big smile. The pools/towels boys Waleed, Ramadam all were great could not do enough for you as soon as you got to the towel hut they would follow you to your choosen lounger, position it into the sun and arrange the towel for you.
Lauren (customer relations) was great and always around if you needed any help. The animation team Sokar, Amy , Katia and David were so lovely always stopping for a chat and never forcing you to partake. Even the DJ sorry cant remember your name was so friendly and made such effort to make us welcome. Well done to you all.
Yes there is still work going on nearer the beach section but I can honestly say that during our two week stay over Xmas were never disturbed by any noise. Most of the work going on there is fitting out the insides of the rooms nearer the beach.
I would go back in a heartbeat and have already recommended the hotel to friends to are going out end of February. We will also be back for another visit, just hope the prices do not go up too much when this fabulous hotel is finished 100%. This is definately a 5 Star hotel without a doubt. Every part of this hotel was spotless, the gardens were meticulous with hardly a blade of grass out of place (well done gardening team).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review, we appreciate the time it has took you to write this review.

We are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay here and you experienced a high level of service. Our main aim at our hotel is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction and we happy to know that we are doing this, all of our guests are very special to us.

We are also happy to see that some of our staffmade you stay even more unforgetable, our staff will be very happy to hear their efforts are not going un-noticed. I will pass on your comments to the relevant people.

Thank you for recommending our resort, we appreciate it alot.

We look forward to welcoming you again to SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort.

Best Wishes

norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Firstly before I start to mention all the things that could be improved. I must say - the staff here are fantastic. They are extremely kind, helpful and friendly. They are doing everything they can to make this a great hotel. One evening I wanted to use a computer (there are none) the manager lent me his laptop! Thank you to all the lovely staff xx

If you are extremely fussy like I am, then you will find multiple problems with this hotel, BUT this is a new hotel, and I expect most of them are teething/learning curves.

I would not return - simply because it is too noisy and children are allowed (But i was desperate for some winter sun when i Booked it!)

Hotel - very large complex, staff use golf buggies to get around. Lovely decor, nice furnishings, great designs. However, it is poorly finished on closer inspection. Chipped tiles, holes around ceiling lights, paint marks on ceilings. Doors not hanging straight etc etc.

Restaurants - 1 buffet, and 6 a la carte (allowed one per stay,. so you can rotate between each 6 during a 7 night stay). The buffet was very poor in my opinion. Dirty plates/bowels (poor washing up), meat not tender, minimal choice of food. at one point we saw a man transferring food into a serving dish with no gloves on. We did speak to the head chef and he assured us it would not happen again, but it did not make me feel relaxed. There are never any tables made up, as there are not enough waiters to clear them fast enough. So you normally sit at an empty/dirty table and they clean it whilst you fetch your food. There were also children poking their hands into food. It also horrifies me how much food is wasted at an All inclusive resort, people pile their plates high and it all goes into the bin. Anyway...the a la carte restaurants - are fantastic. Clearly better chef's in these, food made fresh to order (sometimes 45 min wait). You have to book though early in the morning, but it's well worth it.

Evening entertainment - again family orientated, Similar to Butlins etc, dancing/singing.

Pool - large area, sunbeds with cushions. Sadly people come out really early and reserve sunbeds at 8am with towels, so the usual sunbed fight ensues. I wish all hotels would opt for a no reserve policy, it is so much fairer and easier. Music is played throughout the day very loudly. We complained and were told it was only for aqua aerobics, but it continued all day , EVERY DAY. Not relaxing at all when you are sitting around the pool.

Spa - Average. Large jacuzzi, steam room, sauna. Whilst I was there, kids were allowed in screaming/running around, and a guy went round and sprayed an entire can of air freshener throughout the corridor. He then repeated this 5 minutes later. It was horrific, thank god I'm not asthmatic! It is all these little things that build up, they are trying to be a 5* resort, but don't seem to understand what is involved. The spa should be adults only, it should be relaxing, candles, NO AEROSOLS sprayed into your face all the time.

Beach - part shingle, very small, Has sunbeds/parasols etc. I didn't actually go down there as it was quite windy and not warm enough most days. I hear there is good snorkelling though.

Tipping - One of the members of staff asked for a tip after bringing some mugs to our room for tea!!! People sometimes stand and ask you for a tip, I find this extremely rude, but I guess it is their culture.

Sightseeing - there isn't really any. Sharm is a man made resort in the middle of the desert! :)

Internet - currently only wifi in reception, and this falls out of range the minute you leave the lobby. This was frustrating, But they said they were trying to improve it. There was also no computers/business centre. I think there should be 5-10 computers in a large resort like this for people to use to research things/check emails etc.

Overall a nice hotel - but needs changing in many ways. I think it is trying to cater for everyone.
This is a Family hotel, NOT a hotel for a relaxing break for couples etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and away from the pool.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we appreciate all the comments we recieve and act on them as best we can.

We will in the next coming days be checking all teh rooms regarding teh finishing so that we can make sure they are a 5 star finish before having our grand opening.

We are happy that you enjoyed our a la carte restaurants, we want to ensure our guests are provided with enough variety. I apologise that you did not have the same experience in our International Restuarant, i will speak with the relevant department heads.

We have now opened our relaxation pool which means guests who dont want to be disturbed from the music or people they can enjoy the quietness here. We do have a no reserve policy and i will make sure that the staff are following this.

The hydro pool now has a strict no children rule, to provide pure relaxtion for our guests.

The wifi has now been improved to being available all around the resort.

We hope that you can return to very soon to our resort Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort.

Hotel management
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have just returned from the Arabian Resort. From the moment I booked this hotel, i knew there was something grand about it and thats not just in the title. I booked a family room to begin with, and believe i got a great deal for 6 nights. On entering the hotel into the lobby was lovely. I walked up to reception to receive from Ahmed on reception "you must be Mr Kerr" I was impressed at hello.

Check in was simple and quick and we had arrived on NYE, for which they were preparing a special gala dinner. We received some lovely refreshing drinks on arrival and then were given a personal tour of the hotel, albeit it was dark and then onto our family room which was two seperate bedrooms with a connecting door. Very nice, modern and clean, although no bath just a hugs shower. Rooms were equipped with a kettle, iron, beds very comfy, we had a seperate tv for the kids, there are movie channels in english to watch. Housekeepers were great. Always laid out a towel character.

The food on the first night at the gala dinner was outstanding, from Lobster to Chicken Curry and it was quality. The buffet restaurant was very nice, not like your average that feels a little like a canteen at times. We ate outside most times here. We also ate at the Indian, Thai and Arabic restaurants. The Indian was outstanding, the Thai was excellent and the Arabian was Good. They have others too, but we were only here for 6 nights.

We spent some time at the beach to snorkel, which again is very good. There is an Italian restaurant at the beach for Pizza, Pasta and sandwiches. Service here was hit and miss one day, but they were trying hard. And the flies are a pest when eating or sunbathing! Not sure the hotel can do anything about this. Sunbeds were always available, and supplied with very comfy mattresses.

Main pool area is nice, heated with a pool bar. A couple of slides for the kids.

I think thats is from me, a great hotel with great staff offering you a very welcomed service. We stayed at the Reef Oasis Blue bay Resort last January, that is also good, but as this is a new complex, the Sunrise does edge it on so many levels. It has only been open four months, but you couldnt tell and some of the rooms are still to be completed. However they have hidden this very well and you feel the hotel is fully open when you are there. Its scheduled to be fully open in February and I would not hesitate to return here next winter to see all of it in action.

Room Tip: Family room is a must if you are travelling as a family.
Dear Guest

Thank you for you recent comment, we take all of the feedback given very seriously.

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay here with us and you would like to return.

We are glad you enjoyed our restaurants and other facilities we provide here at the resort.

I will be sure to inform the relevant department about any flies we have.

We look foward to welcoming you again next year here at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort

Best Wishes

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just got back from visiting and it was breathtaking. Fantastic staff, gorgeous resort. The facilities are brand new and the staff is very friendly. The staff was able to arrange other site seeing and as well as transportation to and from hotel based on our needs. Food was great, we received a tour of the resort upon arrival and received great treatment throughout our stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

We are happy that your stay here was as excellent as what you had hoped for.

We at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort are trying to ensure that our guests have an unforgetabl stay, and a comment like yours shows us we are.

Thank you again for your comment.

We hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Management

Been to Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort? Share your experiences!