“A solo trip that wasn't entirely alone” 5 of 5 stars

Camel Dive Club & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centre of Na'ama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 46619, Egypt   |
Ranked #16 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A solo trip that wasn't entirely alone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really needed a get away from school and decided to go diving and didn't think much of sharm, i decided to go and camel had good review and I was never picky, wasn't expecting a world class holiday or best destination, but the diving definitely was, and had the most amazing week of diving in my life! thanks camel and will try and be back! i also did my nitrox course and now i am certified! my first ever PADI course:)
will definately be back:)

Room Tip: my room was in the back street, and faces nothing so it was quite.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear kirk k,
Thanks a lot for choosing Camel Dive Club. We are happy to read your nice review and congratulations on your Nitrox certificate! It’s a great compliment to all our team to know that you had “the most amazing week of diving in my life”. We are waiting for you again soon for more awesome dives!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time in Sharm and we had a wonderful and pleasant stay. Dive club organized one short dive just for us and was amazing. Hope to return very soon. Rooms are confortable and quite and everything is well organized for divers. Food is also very good!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Claudio T,
It’s a big pleasure for all our team to read your nice feedback about your recent holiday at Camel Dive Club & Hotel. Thanks a lot for sharing your first wonderful experience in Sharm with other travelers. We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel, our restaurants and, of course, diving. We are waiting for you again soon in sunny Sharm for more amazing dives!
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't stay at the resort but completed a refresher course and then went on to do my PADI Advanced course with them.

I can't fault their safety, care and professionalism. I was nervous during my refresher course (having not dived for 7 years), but felt in very safe hands with Hakim, and I soon forgot my nerves and thoroughly enjoyed the dive.

My Advanced Course was run by Melly who was also superb; very professional and chose the dive sites well. All of the crew on the boat were really helpful (I broke my arm 3 months ago and struggled to get a wetsuit on/carry weights.. none of this was a problem at all).
My only disappointment was that the Thistlegorm trip didn't run during my stay... nevermind, it will be a good excuse to go back and dive again!

Can't recommend Camel dive highly enough, the equipment, staff, crew and safely is all 5 *

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear HelandBaz,
Thanks a lot for such a great review and CONGRATULATIONS on completing your PADI Advanced course. We are truly delighted to know that you find Camel “a fabulous, safe and efficient dive centre”. It’s also great to know that you were satisfied with our safety policy and high professionalism of our staff. We will pass on your comments to Hakim, Melly and the boat crew – it’s always nice to hear good comments about our team.
We are very sorry that you did not manage to dive the SS Thistlegorm this time. We normally schedule wreck diving excursions at least once per week. However, as they depend on good weather and require a minimum of six people, we cannot guarantee the excursion on a specific day. We recommend our divers to sign up at the dive centre on their first day, so we can inform/count divers in on the next available trip.
If you would like to dive the SS Thistlegorm and you are a minimum of two divers, it is possible to book this trip before arrival. By booking this trip, you and your dive buddy will be guaranteed to dive SS Thistlegorm during your stay (weather permitting).
Thanks again for your valuable feedback and your high recommendations. We are waiting for you again soon in sunny Sharm!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't stay in the hotel, but did dive with Camel and they were excellent. My sister and I did three sessions, the first a great refresher (I hadn't dived for 2 years), which was really thorough and made me feel really comfortable.
We did one day on Camel Tribe to Ras Mohammed, and it was brilliant. The boat was amazing: really comfortable, great drinks and food available. The diving instruction from Francesco was superb, and this was suitable for both snorkellers and divers.
The following day my sister and I went to Thistlegorm, luckily for us again with Francesco. He gave great briefings so you knew exactly what you were doing, and the actual dive was amazing - worth the extra cost. The boat was not as comfortable as the Camel Tribe, but having read a few other reviews that's because Camel Tribe is the best! but still great, breakfast and lunch provided.
They were also great at being on time with pick ups. These ranged from 7.30am to 4.45am, but they were never late, and felt very well organised.
I also loved the box system, where we got all our gear and kept it in one box, and that was ours for the duration. I've not used many other organisations so don't know if they do it differently, but this really worked. All kit provided by Camel was good quality too.

Downsides:
Tranfers were quite irritating for those not in Naama Bay. Our first morning we had to wait for 1hr 30 for our transport home, whilst after our full day at Ras Mohamed we ended up getting our own taxi after being told we had to wait an hour for our return travel. We were lucky with Thistlegorm that we arrived back 15 mins before the departure. Do bear this in mind. It is a comfortable place to wait, but irritating when you just want to get back to your hotel after a long day out.

Overall, I would definitely recommend using Camel for your diving in Sharm. They were more expensive, but the safety, security and comfort of diving with them made it worth it.

If I go back to Sharm with my sister, just to dive, I'd definitely stay at their own hotel too. It looks like the perfect set up!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Nicola J,
Many thanks on behalf of the whole team for your valuable review. It's a great compliment that you consider us an “excellent” dive centre and enjoyed your diving holiday at Camel. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding our boats, diving equipment and our staff, and we have passed on your comments to our senior instructor Francesco.
We organize transfers for guests diving with us but staying in external hotels at 5.30pm, which is approximately 30-60 minutes after the return time of our boat trips. This allows divers to have some time to relax and have a chat in our cozy courtyard or to take their equipment back or to check out at the counter. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the time of the transfer and I have passed your feedback to my colleagues, to be taken into account for possible changes in the future.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback and for your high recommendations, and we look forward to diving with you again!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are a diver, this is the place for you, best in my view in Sharm, the boats differ to a great extent, try and go for the Camel Tribe, the trip to the Thistlegorm is a must, it is an early start at 5 pm but definitely worth it, dive guides are very friendly and helpful and most importantly fun to dive with, the food at the hotel is vey good and the bar is excellent, staff are polite and helpful, take something on the boat to wear in between dives, can get really windy particularly in Tiran, cant fault this place for an enjoyable holiday, going again in December, check fro offers on their website as well, you will save a lot if you book directly and buy the flights separately in that case

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Merza777,
Thank you very much for your informative review of Camel Dive Club and Hotel. It’s a big pleasure for us to know that you had a nice diving holiday, enjoying all the aspects of Camel experience, and will come back in December. We are also truly delighted that you like all Camel outlets and were satisfied with our boats. Thank you very much again for sharing your experience with other travelers and the great tip about advance direct bookings for better rates. We look forward to diving with you again very soon!
Glasgow, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We come to Sharm regularly and frequent Camel's bars and restaurants when we do. This is the second time we have stayed in the Camel Hotel. The rooms are clean, fresh and overlook a beautiful pool. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is a buffet and great quality. I always recommend Camel!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Vecopas,
Many thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review about your recent experience at Camel. It is great to read that you keep on visiting Sharm and Camel Dive Club. We are glad you have appreciated our clean rooms, high quality food and our friendly staff. Thanks again for recommending us as your “favourite place in Sharm” and we hope to have another chance to welcome you soon in Sharm!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have stayed at the Camel for a few years now and always have a fantastic time. My OH usually writes reviews but thought I would put over my perspective as a non-diver. Each year I join the divers on the boats for a few days snorkelling. The boats are spacious with plenty of room for sunbathing if you wish and offer a great lunch with plenty of drinks. I always feel perfectly safe when snorkelling as you always have a guide with you and they insist on safety at all times. Its great to be able to share stories with everyone on the boat of the fish you have encountered, as you get to see just as much as the divers (well almost). I never feel "out of place," and always feel part of the whole adventure, even Abu Layla one of the Captains will sit and chat to you. Its great then to go back to the Camel and sit in the courtyard with a cold beer chatting to the other divers on the days experience.

Some days I sit round the pool, which has adequate sunbeds and just laze, maybe watch some of the staff giving instruction in the pool which doesn't stop you from having a dip other days I will go to the hotel beach just a short walk across the road. The staff at the beach will get you a bed and offer food and drinks, but then leave you to relax, I feel fine being on my own and never get hassled.

The hotel is great with the most fantastic Indian and Italian restaurants, scrumptious ice cream parlour and of course the Camel Bar....... great food at reasonable prices and a fantastic happy hour 5-8 pm. We watched the six nations in the Sports Bar and the atmosphere was great as the bar is used by many holiday makers not just Divers. The other two bars are chilled and great for people watching in the street, or up on the roof top bar later at night for a shisha with great music till the early hours. The hotel rooms are all double glazed and although you are in the middle of Naama Bay, noise is never a problem.

I really cant falter the Camel Hotel and its Staff, too many to mention (Rob, Josef, Mark, Malaky, Mahmood, Rachael etc) they all make you feel like you belong to their family and as soon as you reach the hotel you feel relaxed and chilled. Thanks again, see you soon.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear deekaycy,
Many thanks for finding the time to post your review online. We hope other travelers will be inspired by your informative feedback and will give us a try. We love reading feedback from new guests, but we feel even more flattered when positive reviews come from long time returning guests like you, who have nice memories of Camel and share with other travelers the aspects that have improved during the years. It’s so great to know you enjoyed your time on the boat and at the dive centre and were happy with our pool area and beach. We are extremely happy that you were well looked after and felt like at home although you are a non diver. We will pass on your comments to our staff. Thanks again for your great review and we are waiting for you again.

Been to Camel Dive Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!