“Perfect! - Diver or not” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centre of Na'ama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 46619, Egypt   |
Ranked #16 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stavanger, Norway
“Perfect! - Diver or not”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

Perfectly located downtown in the tourist area, however when you enter the hotel you can still get away from it all. Excellent service, nice and clean rooms. Diving superb and all the guides and instructors were outstanding with plenty of knowlegde about the dive sites. The Indian restaurant located inside the hotel - Tandoori - serves the best indian food I have ever tasted! Even if you don't dive (why not??) you will still enjoy staying at this hotel. Close to the beach, shopping and bars :)

• Stayed October 2008

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I stayed at the Camel over the period of new year's 08-09 for a week. Staff were friendly in all places except for the Pomodoro restaurant in the evening. (There the waiter was very nonchalant, no smile was given at any stage and we felt like we were not very important at all). At tandoori (indian restaurant) we ate well and service was excellent. I would also like to mention the guys at the reception, especially Karim, who assisted us with all our needs and was always in an excellent mood. Breakfast was nothing extrordinary but sufficient and rather taste. Omelettes can be made to order as well with no extra charge.
As the main purpose of our holiday was diving, the fact that the dive club is located at the hotel made everything very convenient. All dives can be charged to your room and then paid before checking out. All dive guides are friendly and professional and most trips happened during the week we were there. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Due to the fact that Camel roof bar is open till late and in the close vicinity to the hotel is also Pacha nightclub, music can sometimes be heard in the rooms as well during the night, but this did not personally bother me.
I will definately want to stay in Camel again. But if you don't dive, it doesn't offer you anything special. Area around the pool is very small, so if you are having a day off diving or are just looking to relax, in the warmer period might be a challenge find a spot next to the pool.

• Liked — Dive Club and Camel Bar
  • Disliked — Noise in the night
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

Located in the hub of Naama Bay on the pedestrianised restaurant, cafe and bar lined strip, 10 minutes on foot to the dive boat jetty and 4 minutes to the beech.

My 3rd visit to Sharm over 13 years, my first stay at Camel and the best visit so far if I exclude my concerns about the rate of over development in Sharm.

Our ground floor reasonably sized room, like all rooms, overlooked the small pool, was clean and came equipped with TV with BBC channel, fridge, kettle, room safe and very effective but noisy aircon. Charging for sachet’s of coffee and creamer made the short walk to Starbucks all the more appealing. Spacious, spartan bathroom had large walk in shower, 2 towels per person, liquid soap only.

The 2 hotel restaurants, Indian and Italian, were both excellent in decor, food quality and value and produced the best meals of our stay by far but arrive early or expect a 30 minute wait. The inclusive buffet breakfast served in the Italian restaurant was excellent with an expansive selection of fresh bread, rolls, fruit, coffee, pastries plus a hot buffet.

The renowned and excellent Camel roof top bar located above the front non residential building played loudish music but not certain this would be audible in any of the bedrooms. Other reviews referring to the noise from neighboring Pasha night club were unfounded as we never heard a single beat even when standing near the entrance. The cost of a small bottle of Heinekin in any Sharm bar now weighs in at a £3-£4 with matching hefty prices for wine so no rowdy revelers to be seen.

The dive set-up appeared well organized and manned by young, professional knowledgeable friendly staff available till 9pm so you can get sorted with all your gear and arrange your next days trip on your day of arrival. The adjacent settee equipped semi open air lobby served as a congregating ground for like minded folk at the start and end of the day. Most days there was a choice of 3 boat trips. On top of the basic dive cost budget for extras for a 3rd dive, Ras Muhamed tax, Dunraven (+30 Euros), £7 per day for bottled water + consistently good lunch. Breakfast is also extra (not quite so good) on early starts. Ducked out of the Thistlegorm due to the 4:30am departure and long journey.

Access to the partitioned 1/2+ mile long Naama Bay beech is by permit available front reception. Once through the check point we were able to walk the length unchallenged which seemed a better option than being a sardine on a sun lounger. No need to take a beech (or dive) towel as this is provided by hotel but loosing it will cost you.

The 30 minute transfer to and from the airport in the Camel mini bus was without any delay or waiting around for others.

Exchange rate in Sharm was 8.5 commission free compared to 7.3 on the same day at Gatwick. Bank is opposite hotel and closes about 9pm. Supermarket just a few minute walk away as is the shopping mall.

Reception, hotel and dive center staff all spoke excellent English. No odd things added to hotel or dive centre bills, visa accepted.

All in all a very well run hotel in an ultra convenient location.

• Liked — General ambience + location, restaurants, dive centre, staff.
  • Disliked — If I am really critical the resonant noise from the aircon.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

As a regular travel diver and having been to a few places, Turkey, Ft Lauderdale (Pro Dive), Italy, Oz etc.. I thought I would give Camel a try booked through London Scuba of Lingfield, Surrey, UK for the specific need of a diving holiday. Don't worry, not going to plug London Scuba anymore than get in touch with them if you want a good professional service for a dive course!
I went as part of a group of 6 from the dive club.

I found that from the moment I arrived we were taken care of and we swiftly swept through the areas we could, onto the coach and safely to the hotel.. which is amazing if anyone has seen the driving out there! Nearly as bad as my native home of North Cyprus!

The hotel room was clean, functional and adequate for what I needed. That is a place to sleep, wash and get ready for the next days diving.
The only thing I would say is that maybe the hotel could pipe some music to the TV's as when on a day where I didn't have to get up too early it would of been nice to fill the room with music. But anyhow that's my preference.
The breakfast is a usual buffet affair with coffee/tea brought to your table and the option of a omelette of your choice. There was more than enough selection on hand to fill my belly in the morning and start me up for the day. As a group we had one meal at the Camel Club on the roof terrace which I found was pretty good.

The only problem we had was when we booked some breakfast boxes and clearly stated our rooms. Some over eager dive guide nicked them! then denied all knowledge even though he signed for them! So would suggest if you do book anything for an early start you double check or get down early enough for them to correct if something happens! My recommendation to Camel would be to take a name from the person booking so that kind of thing has less of a possibility of happening.

From the minute I got down to the Camel Dive office, you could tell that they are a very professional organisation and well organised. This I put down to the willingness of the staff and not down to the management! Having been on many dive trips before I can always detect or have often had to listen to a staff member complain constantly about their job/work conditions/ etc.. No matter how spot on the management is!
Our Dive guide Poli was an exceptional character and always had a ready set go attitude.. Her positive and upbeat attitude carried on through even when she briefed what we knew to be a boring dive site for very experienced divers. No fault of theirs really as you are limited to accessible dives sites from Sharm. Poli made all our dive trips, safe, well guided at a good pace, and she made a conscious effort to point out as much as she could along the way. Poli also made sure to point out dangers and issues when we were amongst a large group of boats on the more popular dive sites. I dived once with one other Camel guide at the time and he was just as good. I am absolutely sure all the guides have the same level of keen spirit.

The Camel bar is a famous spot and they have a good selection of sport for the British sport mad individual! Where possible, there was always a selection of sporting events on, with the main game of the night having the sound up in the bar. The atmosphere is great and after a day's diving it was good to get up to the bar and dive into some bubbles in a bottle of beer!

The location is pretty great and couldn't be anymore central in Naama bay.. which comes at a price.. Situated next to the Pasha club, you can hear thumping music till 3/4 am. Not something I think Camel can do something about really. But then I have stayed in a few places very central and its the same story, UK and abroad. We were at the Mall side of the hotel so the noise was bearable and could be ignored.

On our rest day before the flight home, we got some down time by the pool. Again I think some level of music would not go a miss to raise the atmosphere a bit and its good fun to watch the learner divers jump in to do their confined water skills.. sit back and think.. now when I first learned..
We also had food and drink brought to us beside the pool which was o.k. but more what I ordered than an issue of the hotel!

Transfers back to airport were without incident and quick.. we got there just ahead of the afternoon rush from the hotels which are slightly further away!

I would definitely stay there again in the future and dive with the Camel crew. Though I tend to be a liveaboard type diver and a land lubber on the rare occasion.

My regards go to all at Camel and thank them for making my stay a memorable one for all the right reasons.

• Liked — The convenience of location and organisation.
  • Disliked — Someone stealing our breakfast boxes.
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

Thanks to the staff of Camel Dive Club in Sharm El Sheikh for heavenly dives.

It was great fun and a true joy to dive with a company so precise and service minded with everything such as time schedules, equipments,safety, boats, and dive sites. The staff is excellent and they really seem to love their everyday job. To be a customer in such a well organized company with so precise methods of working feels really safe and at the same time very relaxing, because you don't need to worry about anything. It takes a great amount of work and a lot of smooth background organization skills from the Dive Club so that the customers get the sense of well-being, this is what Camel Dive is good at!

We had several spectacular dives every day we dived and the atmosphere on board the boats was as good as everything else, GREAT!
Just to give you a picture of the service level we had on board - We where diving in one of the worlds finest dive site called Shark and Yolanda (the reefs were amongst Jack Cousteau’s top ten dives sites) with a young couple who had their baby on board as well, the deal was that one of the parent would stay on surface and take care of the baby. Anyway, the Egyptian crew who is very fond of children, told the parents not to worry , they will take care of everything.. and so happened. When we came back from the mind thrilling dive the "babysitting" crew had given the baby milk and was playing around with her :) Could anybody expect more ??

I give Camel Dive Club the highest rank for their work and friendly way of treating customers, I hope to dive with them soon again.

syria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

it was realy a great holiday and i did my advace dive with that great instructor (AMMR SUMBOKA) the best teacher and the funny one who i met at camel dive club also they have a profisional team and smily faces always, also you will not forget the indian resturant they have the best food in the area i will go back every time to the same hotel special for dive courses cuase they are the best in that location.

hussam redai from syria

• Liked — dive center
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

This hotel is fabulous! You cant beat the location. Both restaurants were great and the attached ice cream shop is super as well. We had no problem with noise and found the staff very friendly and helpful. The Manager even went above and beyond for us to sort out an issue we had with Egyptair! I recommend the arrival airport transfer but other than that - you can walk to everything. Rooms are big and air con works a treat. Get up early for a sun lounge. This property is definately good value. The downstairs rooms are good for easy pool access.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Camel Dive Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!