“Diving” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 247 Reviews
London, England, United Kingdom
“Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a great hotel for diving. The dive centre is fantastic. The instructors are helpful and professional, all the dive trips and equipment are professionally organised. The staff and crew are polite and helpful. We had a chance to improve our diving and met very nice people along the way, without stressing about planning or organising dives, but just by paying!
The hotel itself is nice, good, clean rooms. Our first room was facing the street so very noisy but the next night we were given a room facing the pool so it was nice and peaceful. Breakfast was generous.
The hotel's location is great, right in the centre of action, near bars and restaurants. We liked meze at Fayrouz and Camel Bar was very popular!
Overall a great stay for diving enthusiasts!

Room Tip: Ask for a superior room, facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your diving with us. We love what we do, and it's always a pleasure to share our passion for amazing Red Sea diving holidays with fellow enthusiasts! We would like to apologize for the noise that you experienced during your stay at the street-view room; unfortunately as we're located right at the centre of the resort, noise outside our premises can sometimes happen. We're happy to hear that after we upgraded you to the pool-view Superior room, you found this nice and peaceful. Sunny greetings from the Camel Dive Club team, and we hope to dive with you again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Gibraltar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is NOT an all inclusive resort.Slap bang in the middle of Sharm you get all the noises,hustle and bustle of the town.The beach is a short stroll away.
The hotel has great food with their Indian restaurant which is fantastic,and also a good Italian restaurant all at very reasonable prices.
The Camel bar must be one of the most atmospheric places in Sharm,always busy.
If diving is your sport these people are so organised and professional you really will have a great time.The hotel is really a hotel for divers.
The Camel Dive Club is very popular,and divers from all the resorts come to the Club to dive.
We went as a group of six divers from our Dive Club,and had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: The rooms are pretty basic,but clean and spread around the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Sally
We're delighted to hear that you and your group had a fantastic diving stay with us, and thanks for posting your review! We do aim to give our guests plenty of choices, whether of diving locations of places to eat and drink when they come back from a hard days diving - so thanks for recommending our on-site Italian and Indian restaurants, and Camel Bar. As you point out, we're a far cry from the typical all-inclusive resort which is becoming the norm in Sharm, making us a popular choice for divers who seek a smaller-scale and more friendly experience.
Thanks again for your kind feedback, and we hope to dive with you all again next year!
Sunny greetings to you from the whole Camel Tribe!
Jidali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Camel Dive club and hotel, at the heart of Sharm el sheikh.. Once you arrive to this place you'll notice how professional all the staff are. From the moment I called "Anya" and she assisted me to make the maximum of my vacation and provided me with excellent reservations and advices regarding the diving and the accommodation.
The camel dive club family made me feel like at home and assisted me as soon as I arrived to the hotel, my diving trips are all excellent and that was achieved because of the effort of all the excellent guides who took us from a dive to dive.
The diving guides I went with are all very professional and exceptionally dedicated to make your diving experience very successful so they are trying to show you all things they can. They are very friendly and will offer help whenever it is needed. Here I have to thank Ali, Luca, Julian, Sayed, Sharif, Sven, Adolf, Tamer, Beth, and Omar which I didn't dive with but he makes the atmosphere in the club lounge very beautiful with his humorous character.
Finally, what I noticed during my stay and especially on the last day.. I was just thinking and putting plans to when I will return to this awesome place called Camel Dive club and Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Tawash,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review and very kind comments. It's a true compliment to hear that by the end of your stay with us, you were already planning your next visit!
We’re really pleased that you found both our diving centre and reservations staff to be so helpful, and I have passed on your thanks to our entire team, who really go the extra mile to make sure our guests enjoy a very special “Camel experience”.
Once again, thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to your next diving stay with us!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed here twice and am looking to go back again. I have been visiting Sharm for 10 years now, at least twice a years for both diving and family holidays and have stayed in some great hotels there. However this one for diving has the right mix of everything. The staff can not be faulted, And by day one you will be treated as close friend. Any problems are always resolved immediately and apologetically. The dive operation is so professional that all the stress is taken out it, and you just turn up and dive, brilliant. If you are travelling as a family I would try to book into the Grand Rotana which is a super 5 star hotel and has a Camel dive office on site. For diving I would recommend Camel's new speed boat trips as the boat ride alone is fantastic and most of all the day trip to Dahab to dive the blue hole is a must. Camel arrange such a perfect day it has now become a fixture on our trips. All that goes without saying that the restaurants and bar are the best in town as well. Can't wait to see Omar, Rod, Jules and Stacey (Beth) again soon!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Steve,
Many thanks for your comments and for sharing your feedback with other travellers. We’re thrilled to read your review of your second diving stay with us, and it’s great news that you're already planning your next visit! We feel especially honoured by your praise as you’ve tried several other hotels and dive operators during your visits to Sharm over the last ten years.

We’re really pleased to hear that you found our team to be friendly and efficient, and that we provided the right balance of the essential ingredients for a brilliant diving holiday, including great restaurants and bars! We know our guests have worked hard for their holidays, so we like to make sure that the logistics are taken care of efficiently to enable our guests to simply relax and enjoy their dives.

Our new speedboat is a great addition to our regular boat trips, and allows us to dive or snorkel at Tiran within 20 minutes of leaving our private jetty at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa. As you mentioned, Grand Rotana Resort is beautifully located and ideal for families or couples who seek some pampering and relaxation, as well as amazing diving. Our dive centre inside the resort is located directly on the beach, and offers a full programme of diving and snorkelling excursions like our main centre in Naama Bay.
Once again, on behalf of the entire Camel Dive Club & Hotel team, I’d like to thank you for recommending us and for your kind feedback. We look forward to diving with you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the CDC from 31st January 2013, I can't really fault this place, I booked transfers with the hotel and I thought it was well worth it, I was met immediately as I entered the airport in Sharm, no haggling with taxi's and I was delivered conveniently to my accommodation, check in was quick and I was shown to my room, which was on the ground floor and right next to the pool, massive kingsize bed!! which I slept beautifully in, after reading reviews and knowing the location, I was a bit worried that it would be too noisy for me at night, but they have triple glazing, so I was fine. The room was very clean, excellent shower with hot water and good water pressure, its not 5* luxury but I had absolutely no complaints & I thought it was very reasonably priced. Breakfast was very good and the coffee was very drinkable (I get very miserable if I don't have reasonable coffee to drink, I had packed my own but ended up not needing it) They don't have room service here but I ordered Pizza from the onsite Italian restaurant and it was delivered to my room! I found the service to be great and everyone I dealt with was really helpful and friendly.

My favourite things about the CDC are the location, its very close the beach and everything else is on the doorstep, the second thing is the size of the hotel, its really small, only 38 rooms I think, so during the day time when people are diving the pool is really quiet, you wouldn't believe that you were in the centre of Naama Bay. I'm going back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for posting such a rave review of your stay with us last January. We’re truly delighted that you enjoyed your time at Camel, and that you’re planning to come back! Camel Hotel is quite unusual amongst the hotels in Sharm El Sheikh in that we have only 38 rooms, and we’re pleased that you rated our friendly atmosphere as one of our best features.
Our location is town-centre, with the beach, restaurants, bars and nightlife of Naama Bay right on our doorstep. Despite its town-centre location our hotel itself is very peaceful, especially during the day when most of our guests are out diving – as you experienced! As a precaution against potential background noise we’ve installed triple glazing on the balcony doors of our rooms, so we’re really pleased to hear that you enjoyed perfect nights’ sleep during your stay.
Finally, we’re happy to hear that you were able to satisfy your craving for a decent coffee and good breakfast, without having to break in to your own coffee supply!
Thanks again for making the effort to post your detailed feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back at Camel Hotel on your next visit.
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a week at Camel. Overall we were happy with our stay. The web price was 392 euro each for B&B and 10 dives. We really could not fault the hotel staff at all - friendly and eager to please. Ehab in the restaurant was just delightful. The receptionist in the dive centre might benefit from a course in customer relations. No smile, no niceties, no hello, just a 'what's your name?'. There are no planned dives so each day we needed to check what was availalble. We really wanted to go to the Thistlegorm and Dahab. We were told we would have to wait and see if there were enough people to go on a trip. This made it difficult for us as we didn't know whether to book these 2 trips with another dive club. In the end it was all OK. The staff are only paid when they take divers out so there was competition with guides trying to get business for their trips... not terribly professional. The guides we had were all great but Sven was particularly good at ensuring everyone was safe. Boat staff were absolutely brilliant and the food they provided was wonderful. One day I was unwell and didn't dive, however I accompanied my partner on the boat. I was charged 38 euro for the pleasure. If I had done my 2 dives I would have been charged 40 euro! Thistlegorm is a must. It was a real experience - even if it was a bit scary. Definitely only for very experienced divers. I have never experienced a current like that. Ratios on dives not great - Dahab was one guide to 9 divers. but then that's why you pay 20 euros a dive! Bit of a shock when we came to pay the bill. The extras were nearly 500 euros on top of the 400 so not as cheap as we first thought. Can't complain about the room in the hotel, it had everything we needed and we were only woken one night by music. If you have the air con on you can't hear anything. Good location and would consider returning.

Room Tip: room by the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. We're delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay overall, and thank you for compliments about our hotel staff, boat crews and dive guides. We're very sorry to hear however that you were disappointed with some aspects of your diving experience.
Please accept our apologies for your welcome at the dive centre, which does sound like it was not up to our usual standards. We have an intensive training in customer service for all our dive staff, and unfortunately the team member in question has not been meeting our expectations, and is no longer working with us. Our maximum ratio for certified divers is five buddy teams per guide, which is standard here in Sharm.
On a typical day we run at least three dive boats, normally visiting coastal sites, the Straits of Tiran, and Ras Mohammed National Park. Most of our guests appreciate the flexibility of being able to choose their destination each day. Thistlegorm wreck and Dahab are longer trips requiring a minimum of six people to run, if booked locally (although if you book as a buddy team prior to arrival, we can now guarantee your trip will run on a certain day). We always advise our divers to sign up as early as possible if they wish to join one of these special trips, so that we have the best chance of offering the trip during their stay. I'm pleased to hear that this system worked out for you (it usually does!), and that you and your partner managed to do the dives you wanted.
During quiet periods when we have smaller numbers of divers than usual (as during the period of your visit) our dive guides may encourage divers to join particular trips on particular days, in order to have sufficient numbers for the trips to run and avoid disappointment. We're sorry that you felt this appeared competitive or unprofessional, and would like to reassure you that our intention is simply to be able to meet as many of our divers' expectations as possible.
All the special trips and extra services that you and your partner chose to do - such as Thistlegorm wreck and Dahab - are optional, and carry extra charges. You're right that the optional extra charges can add up, and this is why we're always extremely careful to explain in advance what is included, and what is not. All extra charges are clearly explained on our website, in the info you receive upon booking, by your dive guide on the first day, and in the brochure you receive upon check in at the dive centre. We're sorry to hear that you were unwell, and would like to confirm that our standard charge for accompanying a diver on the boat is 38 Euros; we were able to offer you diving for just 40 Euros per day as you qualified for our special low season rate for a five day diving package.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments. May we wish you and your partner very happy diving in 2013, and we hope to welcome you in Sharm El Sheikh on a future visit.
Newport, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have dived with the dive club many times, but stayed in hotel once. The diving is recommend to any level of diver! This aspect is highly recommended, as they are friendly, professional and create a enjoyable atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER? The special offers listed on there website do not reflect the price you pay!

If the offer states, 1 week hotel in superior room, 5 day diving package for one person and airport transfers for 400 euro? You would expect to receive what is advetised! WRONG!!
The fee is for the room only.

BE WARNED, AS THIS WAS MIS-SOLD TO US MARCH THIS YEAR. THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD AMEND THERE ADVERT "as it was misleading". BUT, THEY STILL HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear that although you enjoyed your diving stay with us, you were dissatisfied with our special offer. We do take considerable care to present clear information on our website, especially regarding pricing, as well as in the emails we send to all our guests when confirming their booking, so we're disappointed to hear that you did not find this to be the case. We would greatly appreciate if you would be able to give us some more specific details so that we may take appropriate action to avoid possible confusion in future. Please email your comments to us, or let us know a number and time at which we may call you. Thanks again for your valuable feedback, and we wish you happy diving in future.

Been to Camel Dive Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!