“Great holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

You added Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort to your Saves list
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sharm El Sheikh, Naama bay, El salam Road (Peace Road), Sharm El Sheikh 46619, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Pay 2 and Get 3 nights
Ranked #75 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Downside arrived very late, this was honeymoon was not offered a drink and bar was closed. Careful of mini bar charged £25 for what was about £7.drinks at beach bar are not inclusive in an AI holiday also drinks at dinner not included. Overall lovely hotel, aqua every morning,animation team done well considering am not a big mixer with all that,need to mention ouzo though really nice cheeky chap. Staff at this hotel do all to help and make your stay enjoyable could not fault towel man sorting sun beds out everyday even if you were going out.food good cleanliness good will change sheets everyday if requested. I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham El Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback following your recent stay at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort. I was so pleased to know that you had a great holiday. We very much value your feedback.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your honest and frank review.
We look forward to welcoming to the resort sometime soon.

Many thanks,
Reham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed in the Mountain resort in September last year.

All i can say is the overall experience was delightful, the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to help you.

Mohammed who worked in the bar in Harry's Bar, was always smiling and made the best cocktails you could ask for he made my experience a delight.

The food was always varied and never the same thing, the animation team were great. The private beach was clean and hotel rooms were always kept to a great standard.

i went when a lot of the trouble was happening in Egypt and the tourists had slowly stopped going to Sharm, but this didn't make the hotel any less keen to help and make sure your stay was as good as when it was busy.

All in all if i ever go back to Sharm El Sheikh again i would most definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham El Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Lawrence

Many Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feed back following your stay here in September.

I was delighted to know that you had delightful experience an I will pass on your kind comments to Mohamed who i am sure will be pleased to know that.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

We sincerely thank you for choosing Marriott for your holiday in Sharm and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Cairo-Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

After our misunderstanding over the telephone, and after having received many phone calls and emails from the respectable manager of the hotel, we decided to give Marriott Sharm el Sheikh a second chance...
THEY DESERVE EVERY CREDIT!!!!!
1) Amazing room (beach resort/Number 255/sea view)
2) Extremely polite and helpful
employees (DO NOT FORGET TO TIP! They deserve it!)
3) Extraordinary buffet, mouthwatering dishes (Congratulations to the chefs)
4) Great beach and deck chairs for those who pay attention to aesthetic details!
5) Only a five minute relaxing walk from the "Marina", where you can go for a drink and shisha
6) SAFE (even if I visited it alone I would feel that way)
7) Clean (not even once have I felt as if it lacks in cleanliness)

Thank you for an unforgettable stay! I am sure whenever I visit Sharm you will be my ONLY choice! Hope to see you soon! I had the most memorable experience!

• Stayed July 2014
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great feedback following your recent stay here with us at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort.

Many thanks for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to our resort and I was delighted to know that you had a memorable and unforgettable stay.

We pride ourselves here on the high standards of quality and service we deliver .You are a valued customer. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

We thank you for being Marriott rewards member and your loyalty to Marriott.

look forward to welcoming you to the resort sometime soon.
Once again I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind positive comments.

Best Regards,
Elaine
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Slightly late in writing this but I re-visited the Marriott again towards the end of April/beginning of May this year. I have already posted a review for a stay back in December of last year.
If anything, the stay was more enjoyable than last time, which I thought would be pretty damn hard to top.
The room was great (I was given the same one as last time), the staff amazingly courteous and the choice of food awesome. I have heard people often say stay away from salads whilst in Egypt. Well I had salad at least twice a day and not only was the variety great but definitely no problems whatsoever.
I am already considering going back again towards the end of this year.
Thanks again to Elaine and all the other staff for making my stay so enjoyable :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham El Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you very much indeed for writing such an extensive review following your holiday with us here in Sharm El Sheikh. It was a great pleasure for us to have you back.

I was delighted to know that you had a great time . It will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words of praise to Elaine who will be so pleased to know that.

We truly thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we very much look forward to welcoming you back by the End of the year.

Many Thanks
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our stay in Marriot beach was amazing, excellent location , food is very good , animation team were very creative, stuff is helpfull , the Red Sea at Marriot beach is fantastic you can make snorkeling beside the beach, too many activities at the morning stating with aqua gym after a while you can play volleyball , very good cafe beside the beach , at the evening animation show beside the pool at Marriot mountain also baby dance ,

• Stayed June 2014
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham El Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Ahmed

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your kind comments following your recent holiday here with us. We are delighted to know that you had amazing stay at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott.
Many Thanks for your positive words and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed at the Marriott twice before in Sharm, and convinced my now husband to have our honeymoon here (just returned 25/06/2014).

Upon arrival, no concierges were around to help with our luggage. So a guest at the hotel took it upon himself to take my suitcase and lead us to our room!! He then proceeded to pull out some 'hashish' from his sandal & said he will help us with anything, we tried to get rid of him several times but he was very persistent. I was extremely wary of this man, not only knowing where we were staying but our room number too. My husband went to reception to complaint and they seemed as though they couldn't care less. Hamada just said he would look out for him. No security involved or anything. We saw him only a further 2 times & my husband had to warn him off.

My husband was utterly disgusted when we arrived at the room, we had been given a free upgrade so I was rather confused. He then told me that he had planned with Larissa & Nicola for a congratulatory cake and decorations to be in the room for us upon arrival. None of which surfaced. I was disappointed but wasn't expecting it, so I overlooked it. My husband on the other hand, was absolutely livid. In hindsight I too think this is abysmal, he'd happily pay for this but for whatever reason we were overlooked. It is quite upsetting but Nicola apologised endlessly for this.

There were no complimentary slippers and dressing gowns as there usually would be, instead we found out you were only given these items if you complain! It's a shame because they're ever so comfy!

The air con in our room barely worked, the first 3 nights we couldn't sleep whatsoever but only realised it was an issue after visiting our friends room which was very cool. The alarm clock didn't work and the minibar wasn't cold. The television kept turning off at random intervals, the volume was on full blast everytime we turned it on and the shower temperature would go from one extreme to another...
My husband spoke to Nicola to send an engineer. Nothing. We then returned the following day to re-report it & she looked surprised that the issues hadn't already been sorted and said she would resend him. The shower and air con was then sorted.

The facilities are still wonderful and I'm so happy that the excursion sales reps aren't constantly pestering you anymore.
I can't commend the staff enough. They are an asset to Egypt, let alone the Marriott.

Soheir at the beach side is such a lovely woman, and always greeted us with a massive smile.

Mickey, Evelina & Ozui from the animation team are absolutely amazing! I have never cared for animation teams as I don't have children and often like to do our own thing when on holiday but for once in my life these guys enticed us so much so that we went to the Hard Rock Cafe with them one evening! My husband is adamant that we will see Mickey again in the near future!

All inclusive is NOT all inclusive. There are specific times in which you can eat/drink. If you attempt it out of these time frames you will be charged.

The breakfast selection leaves a lot to be desired. The lunch buffet at the beach side always had a lot of variety & was extremely impressive. The head chef was the friendliest man you could meet, and would always go out of his way to please your taste buds!
The mountain side set lunch menu is bland. There's around 5 items and are all very boring. Although I quickly became fond of the Marriott burger with beef bacon!

Dinner at the mountain side was hit and miss. There was a rice and fish dish every evening, which does get very samey. On a brighter note, there will always be something for you to eat. You just may never be full.

When we checked out, they tried to charge us for 3 pepsi's at lunch. Drinks at lunch are all inclusive.... No logic!! They also said we had to pay for the missing red bull, nuts, crisps and water from the minibar. All items that were missing on arrival!! The receptionist said it was possible that they had past their expiration date so were removed by the chamber maid.... Fine! But then replace them or remove them from the list. Don't try to rip off your paying customers!!
Hamada then came to help us and settled the account for us.

There are absolutely no bugs here! Thanks to the daily smoke blast. The most I saw was a tiny spider on the balcony. I have seen more bugs in a day in the UK than I did for the entirety of our stay!

The room was immaculate on a daily basis and the general atmosphere of the hotel is fantastic.

Harry's pub is also a great spot for snooker and football!

It is very nice to see that Elaine is taking notes of the negative feedback on here and reacting. For example, I read previously that there isn't any upbeat music at the pool in the day. This had changed by the time we got there.

All that being said and done, the staff are amazing (a special thanks to Mohammed who said prayers with my husband) and the staff at the beach, the facilities are fantastic so today we have just booked another 2 week stay at the Marriott in September. Very excited to return.

Samiyah & Ebrahim.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham El Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear samiyaah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback following your recent stay at sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort. We thank you for your loyalty to Sharm Marriott and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Your comments mentioned in the review are well noted and ensured corrective action is taken once you mention that upon departure to Nicola and we take matters such as this very seriously.

Ms Samiyaah, We are pleased to acknowledge and congratulate all associates you praised and they will be recognized for their great job.

We are delighted to know that you have booked two weeks in September when I am sure you will see the necessary improvements in place.

We look forward to welcoming you to the resort in September and we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share you frank and honest feedback.

Many thanks,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the marriot hotel in sharm el sheikh it was amazing, very clean, the food was good too esp the deserts.
The staff there is very welcoming esp the ( the Animation team) who used to organize the events that suits everyone.
I recommend it

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Marriott Sharm ... R, Reham EL Banna, Executive Office Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Many Thanks for your positive words on the food, staff and cleanliness you experienced.
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay in Sharm and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reham

Been to Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!