“So Good That I'm Returning for my Honeymoon! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

You added Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort to your Saves list
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sharm El Sheikh, Naama bay, El salam Road (Peace Road), Sharm El Sheikh 46619, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Pay 2 and Get 3 nights
Ranked #76 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Brighton, United Kingdom
“So Good That I'm Returning for my Honeymoon! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott mountain resort twice now, which has made me want to return to Sharm el Sheikh every year!

I am now returning in June this year for my honeymoon! It will be my husband-to-be's first time in Egypt, so I insisted on this hotel so I know he will have an amazing time!

I am so excited to return to this wonderful, clean, friendly hotel. So close to the Na'ama bay strip and the evening entertainment on the beach resort is so serene!

Can't wait to see the wonderful Marriott staff again! Samia xx

Stayed August 2013
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Samia

It was a great pleasure to have you back with us and delighted to know that you had another great holiday here with us.

We will be delighted to have you back here to celebrate your honeymoon and we sincerely thank you for choosing our resort for such a special occasion. Rest assured we will do all that we can to ensure you have a memorable stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband in June.

Warm Regards

Elaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed with them for a whole week, all was great, fast service, great staff, great rooms. Special thanks to Mr. Tamer at front desk as he was great help to us. i will always come back to this amazing hotel whenever i visit Sharm, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: the location is quiet though close to everywhere by walking distance. beach wing is better as it is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mashael

Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent stay here with us in Sharm.

We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your time and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to recognize Tamer for the assistance and hospitality he provided to you.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed in the mountain side of this hotel for 9 nights in early February .

We have stayed at this hotel before and prior to this stay we were in contact with Larisa in guest relations. She is a superb ambassador for both the hotel and the Marriott chain. All my queries (and there were a few) were answered promptly and efficiently. She made some great arrangements for us and also arranged a cake for my wifes birthday. Sounds a simple thing but it does help make a holiday.

On arrival we were offered an upgrade to the beach side. We know the rooms are better there but opted to stay on the mountain side to be close to the heated pool. The rooms may need updating but ours was very clean and perfectly functional. The type of TV (LCD etc.) does not really bother me, I am on holiday, TV is for home!

The mountain side is a short walk across a main road to the beach side and beach. The road has staff from the hotel who are there to assist you to cross in safety, although it is not a hard road to cross. I have seen the critical comments from a previous reviewer and believe they are totally unjustified!!

On our arrival we were booked in by Mahmood. He was very courteous and whenever I went back to reception he always remembered our room number and he was helpful.

The heated pool is very large and was kept spotlessly clean. The towel man Ael Rahim (sorry if I have got that wrong) was always coming around removing the towels that guests could not be bothered taking back to him and having a friendly chat.

In fact the stand out feature of this hotel is the attitude of the staff and how friendly and helpful they are. All credit to the management for the way they seem to inspire this.

We will be back again next year and hope to see Larisa again. That is if she has not got promoted and moved on to even better things, she deserves it! We might even try the beach side.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your very positive comments with us following your recent stay at our resort. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

It will be a great pleasure for me to recognize Larisa for the outstanding hospitality that was provided to you and I know that she will truly appreciate your kind words.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

First of all I have to say that I appreciate the excellent service in the Marriott Sharm el Sheikh. I am traveling a lot and have been in Marriott Hotels often - so I know what it means to get well served. Whenever we asked the hotel crew for help it was done within a couple of minutes. Special tanks to the front desk manager of Marriott, who even brought us the money we've forgot in the safe to our next location!

The hotel is divided into two locations both sides of the main road in Nama Bay as others like Hilton, Novotel and Maritim are as well.I read comments like the mountain side is 15 minutes away from the beach and so on. This is nonsense. You cross the road, go trough the lobby and the pool area and you are at the beach. No big deal at all. We got an upgrade to a suite in the beach side, which was spacious and well maintained. Pool, gardening and the beach where clean and enjoyably prepared. The beach is a sand beach, where you can go in for swimming other as it is in other parts of Sharm el Sheikh the case.

Plenty of food and drink options are available inside and outside the hotel.

The hotel is not brand new, but I would say its a well managed classic, not outdated and w/o any sign of "down driving". We liked it and we would recommend it and for sure we will step by again.

The only thing we did not liked was the noise during the night from a neighboring hotel, which we experienced at the weekend.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from rooms next to Al Boston Hotel at the beach side - they have very noisy activit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Christian M

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind positive review following your recent stay here with us in Naama Bay.

We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your time and that we provided a product and service that met with your expectations and you had a great stay.

I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime soon and once again we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your kind review of your stay.

Warm Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I spent 2 nights in sharm Alshekh and I will not recommend Marriott hotel because there are many other options with better rate.
• The breakfast was good only for the Egyptian options.
• The pool was not so good.
• I will recommend the beach wing with pool view.
• There is small walking road and long beach to reach the sea which make the sea view is not recommended.
• The mountain wing is not recommended at all because you need to cross the highway to reach the beach.
• The check-in and check-out takes long time and the staff are always busy.
• Sometimes there is no body in the reception and if they are available, they will be busy with answering the phone calls.
• There is no water included in full board and you need to pay for the water ?
• If I am returning to Sharm, I will not be looking for Marriott.

Room Tip: Beach wing with pool view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Adel 1133

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet with your expectations and the comments that you have kindly shared are well noted and will have our immediate attention. We pride ourselves here on the high standards of product and service we deliver and we have clearly let ourselves down on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere personal apologies for the evident inconvenience you experienced and once again we sincerely thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us.

I can only hope that you will reconsider visiting us in the future when I am confident you will see the necessary improvements in place.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

A very clean place, a very delicious food, and a distinguished well trained staff. It was a great and rare experience for me and my wife to stay in a well organized resort. It will be my first choice when I visit Sharm El Sheikh to stay at Marriott Resort Naama Bay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Mohamed

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind positive comments following your recent stay with us.
We were delighted to know that we met with your expectations and we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.
We thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay in Sharm El Sheikh and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We have had the best time here! Only 3 nights for us, but an amazing 3 nights! Good selection of food on the all inclusive buffet (both mountain and beach side) beautiful heated swimming pool. Absolutely amazing staff, they cannot do enough for you. Every member of staff will greet you at every opportunity and ask how you are. We came with my disabled mother in law, and were slightly concerned about getting her around. The staff were amazing in helping us out and showing us the best ways to go to avoid stairs with the wheelchair. Absolutely phenomenal!! One restaurant I would highly recommend is 'Kona Kai' on beachside. It is a tepanyaki restaraunt where they cook your food fresh in front of you and experiment with fire! Brill!

At the cost of around 3-4 pound you can get a taxi into naama bay, where you will find lots of nightlife, shops and attractions. Brilliant if you love your bags, purses and shoes like I do! It is also walkable, around 20-25 minutes to walk.

All in all, what an amazing place! I will be back, and am planning my next trip already!

• Stayed January 2014
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Jennavie

It was a pleasure to have you and your family here with us. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your kind positive review. We were delighted to read your wonderful comments on the hospitality you received and to know that we met and exceeded your expectations. Most of all we love to know that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and hopefully for a longer stay next time.
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay in Sharm El Sheikh and we look forward to seeing you and your family soon.

Elaine

Been to Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!