“The good and the bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

You added Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort to your Saves list
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sharm El Sheikh, Naama bay, El salam Road (Peace Road), Sharm El Sheikh 46619, Egypt   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #73 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The good and the bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

So we have just returned from 2 weeks stay bed and breakfast at the marriott mountain side sharm el sheikh we have stayed there 3 times now within the last 5yrs so. Firstly the bad (there isnt many) the only complaint is the condition of the rooms,corridors etc dont get me wrong there always clean but they need a big facelift top to bottom, we walked around some other hotels in the area of the same star and the marriott is dragging behind in that department, now the reason we have been back to this hotel is simple.....the staff!!! They are amazing everybody from wadl at reception ashraf concierge, radl at the bakery, atef an mohammed at the pool bar, ramy and gamal the pool staff the cleaners everybody is amazing and again all remembered us from previous visits thats the difference between this hotel and others, i think if they sort out the refurb of the rooms corridors etc that hotel will be in a different class!!

Marriott managers i hope you read this!!

Room Tip: Ground floor pool view rooms by the breakfast area are good rooms 520-530 i think
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marriott S, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear James

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind review with us following your recent stay. Your comments regarding the corridors and guest rooms are well noted and unfortunately our refurbishment plans had to be delayed owing to the recent business downturns experienced however I do hope we will be able to move forward with them soon once the business stabilises.

Your comments regarding the staff hospitality are extremely well received and I will personally ensure that the associates you very kindly mention by name are recognized for the outstanding job they are doing in taking care of our guests.

We truly value your loyalty to Marriott and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warmest Regards

Elaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I am staying at marriot mountain side from the 17th november for 10 days. There is 3 couples going for big special occasions. 2 are on anniversary and the 3rd on a honeymoon. We are all extremly excited about the trip but some comments on here have me concered. I undersrand many reviews are good but as its very special occasion for us and i want the trip to be great. main issues that I have read that are worrying me:

1)people saying Mountain side rooms are average and all photos of nice rooms on website are actually from the beach side.
2) people say the all inclusive option which all 6 of us have is not efficient as u have to travel from place to place for food. People have also written difficult to get beverages easily from bars in and around the hotel on the mountain side and your not allowed drinks on the beach side which I dont undersrand as its all the same company.
3) also bit worried about the situation in egypt most people say that sharm is safe at present but is there any tips or safety precautions we should take in order to avoid any difficulties.
4) one more thing is about transport to and from the airport. One of the couples does not have trabsfer sorted is it easy/cheaper to order the cab via hotel or just flag one down. If via hotel do u email them. Please let me no as your input would b appreciated.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Marriott S, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Vimalp

Thank you for taking the time to connect with us via Trip Advisor prior to your stay at our resort.

I would ask that if you could kindly email us direct at sharm.guestrelation@marriotthotels.com with the guest names that the bookings are made under and the tour operator you are travelling with we will be delighted to respond and address your comments and conerns in detail.

We very much look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our resort.

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your celebrations.

Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We hadn't been to Sharm for 4 years - not for any negative reasons - and, previously, we'd tended to go around Easter-time. This was a first for this time of year (end October/early November) - perfect cure for the grey and wet that seem to arrive with the change in the clocks. 30 degrees plus during the day, fewer people (many of whom have been discouraged [pointlessly] because of the political troubles centred around Cairo) and warm sea. We've stayed in a variety of the main hotels in Naama Bay over the years, and had been to Marriott Beach before. This time, it was a last minute booking - all inclusive via Bristol and we were at the Marriott Mountain (across the road from the beach). The staff were fantastic, the food - no surprises for the well-seasoned all-inclusive tourist - could have been hotter on occasion - but very good value. As mentioned to the very affable general manager - Elaine Watson - from Scotland, the white wine from the bar needed to be put on ice as it tended to be served warm but if that was the only issue then it must be good news! The arrival and departure procedures also seem to have been "worked on" since were last there - much more efficient - even the speed of the bags arriving on the carousel - we'll definitely return next year about the same time

Room Tip: Poolside but not so close to the pool bar would be favourite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marriott S, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Por911,

It was a pleasure to meet you and have you here with us on the resort. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind positive review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back when we will be sure to have a cold white wine waiting for you ! I really appreciated you taking the time to share your comments with me.

We very much appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we trust this finds you both well.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went to Sharm El Sheik for a sun break over my october half term. I can easily say that the Egyptians are some of the most friendly people that i have ever met and they never failed at trying to make me and my family feel welcome. Being a very fussy family about what we eat, if there wasn't anything from the buffet that we liked then within reason they could cook us something we liked, all we had to do is ask. I know that at the moment there are many accusations about Egypt being unsafe, because of everything that is going on in Cairo, But that is like not going to London because there are riots in Edinburgh, you are genuinely really safe there. At the Marriott the animation team, Extreme Entertainment, we superb by providing a range of competitive and relaxing activities for everyone. They are from waterpolo, to lilo racing, to poolside darts, to aqua aerobics and even the dreaded 10am stretching. Especially Bob and Omar, they truly brought the place alive. I cannot recommend it more here, i am already planning my next trip. The Marriott is a holiday destination for everyone, whether you want to just sit and soak up the sun or whether you want to get involved and be partying all night. You will not regret coming here on holiday.

Room Tip: The ground floor, pool view rooms are the best. A skip hop and a jump from landing in the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Denim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent October half term holiday with us here in Sharm. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your time and that the Chefs did their utmost to ensure they always cooked something to suit your taste. Your positive comments regarding the animation team and in particular Bob and Omar will be passed to them and I am glad you enjoyed their activities. It is wonderful to note that you are already planning your next trip and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

We thank you for choosing Marriott and look forward to seeing you soon.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We Chose the Marriott becauce it was on offer, Did not regret it, Stayed for a long weekend to relax and unwind on my Birthday, From arrival to departutre the Hotel staff coudn't have done more. We were upgraded on arrival to a pool view room, The buffet Breakfast and Dinner could not have given a greater selection of foods. Staff placed Birthday congratulations and decorations in our room and provided a bithday Cake without any requests or prompting. We stayed on the mountain side and both pools were superbly maintained and clean. The hotel was decroration wise maybe a little tired, ie Bathroom tiles, Bath and shower, But all were clean and in full working order. If any hotel managemnet staff read this please congratulate and give our sincere thanks and warmest wishes to SOHEIR, she was fantastic and so friendly, her assistance and kindness is a credit to your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrfodd,

We are delighted to read that you had a memorable birthday with us here in Sharm and that the team helped with your celebration to ensure you had an enjoyable day.

I will be pleased to send your good wishes to Soheir who will be delighted to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review with us and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Purley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travelled to Sharm el Sheikh for diving. The red sea is the main attraction. 6 days. After booking a hotel room in the annex away from all the eating, (had not realized), I spoke to the manager and we agreed an upgrade to a suite for the duration so I upgraded after the first two hours.... The food at the buffets is ok however did not get more than a couple of opportunities (due to early morning diving appointments) to even use the breakfast but the choice and quality is like an 8 out of 10. If you order a can of coke or a drink whilst eating buffet, it takes about a working day to arrive so order a day in advance (I'm kidding but that is how it felt at the speed of getting you a drink). The room was great and so were all the staff. Very friendly and helpful at the concierge. Restaurants in the hotel compound are also nice with many different A la Carte cuisines on offer. The pool is pretty at night time also. I would recommend the Japanese and the Italian place outside. For Egypt, it's an achievement as one cannot expect every nation to be master at all cuisines? E.g. I would not expect to go to McDonalds and be served the best Curry in the world or to buy goldfish from a Florist. Stay here and you will have a nice time. Very clean and tidy hotel also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marriott S, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Carlos
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your kind constructive feedback with us following your recent stay with us here in Sharm.
I was pleased to know that despite the challenge that you faced with your guest room allocation we were able to take care of that for you quickly and I can only hope it did not deter from the overall enjoyment of your holiday.
I appreciate your very positive comments on the staff hospitality and food and beverage outlets, however, rest assured the point you kindly share for improvement relating to the timeliness of beverage service will be immediately addressed by the Food and Beverage team.
We thank you for choosing Marriott and sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy more diving in the beautiful Red Sea.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 16 days from end of September. Had fantastic time,hotel rooms and all other areas are spotless and are kept this way by all the hard working staff. Everyone is so pleasant and always wanting to help especially Islam (front office manager) who cant do enough for you., thank you so much for all your time and care, I would also like to thank Haytham (chiko) Amr and all other bar staff for making our stay such fun, I could go on and on because everyone was so helful and kind but I also must mention a big big thank you to Joe from animation who spent lots of time putting me through school to teach me arabic, i am now half Egyptian!! Can not wait to return ........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Marriott S, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Cathy
We really appreciate you taking the time to write your kind positive review following your recent stay with us.
We were delighted to know that you had a great holiday and it will be a real pleasure to pass on your thank to the associates you so kindly mention by name.
Thank you for choosing Marriott and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards
Elaine

Been to Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!