“Hilton Fayrouz 10-17 July 2013” 5 of 5 stars

30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Hilton Fayrouz 10-17 July 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ever since I was a small boy more than fifty years ago staying at a Hilton Hotel meant the highest possible standards. I still believe that applies and so when I had the opportunity to make a late booking, only two weeks before departure, at one of the several Hilton Hotels in Sharm it was not a chance to be missed. To be fair we have stayed at The Fayrouz before but it has lost none of its gloss despite being a holiday hotel.

Early July was a good time to visit as Ramadan, school terms in Europe, very hot weather and the uncertain political state in Egypt kept visitors to a bare minimum. In fact there may have been more staff than guests for most of our stay.

The Hotel was so quiet that I was usually the only person in the main pool for my hourly dip. All the pools are shaped. individually with the longest near our room being about 70 metres and something like a peanut in outline with a pool bar at one end.The water was crystal clear and not salt tasting like so many others.

On the beach, shared with Hilton Dreams who had an all inclusive offer, the sun beds were well spaced out and plenty to spare. Unfortunately these are now getting quite old and looking worse for wear but still do a good job, The on beach cafe does a mean cappuccino.

We stayed B & B so that we could walk into town for our evening meal to visit the Camel Bar or Pomorado restaurants but the breakfasts were excellent.

The Feyrouz has a very nice Italian Restaurant attached to its beach side area which we used on two nights.

Our pool side room was spacious with a King Size bed, a large sofa and outside chairs on the balcony.

Having tea/coffee facilities is always important to me but the hotel was let down by its poor Wi-Fi provision. Charging for use in reception is unusual nowadays and hopefully the management will review this policy. Wi-Fi was also available in the Havana bar as long as a drink was bought but that seemed a little commercial when other hotels provide Internet access for free and I did not see anyone using this bar in the evening at all although the Pirates Bar was quite popular.

The staff, like all Egyptians working in Sharm were very polite and friendly.

The health spa was suffering from the lack of customers and we got a good deal on a two hour steamy Hamman Scrub and a massage. I wasn't convinced by the aromatic scrub but will definitely go for a massage again.

The hotel is under the flight path for aircraft approaching the local airport but they are merely a distraction and did not worry us at all.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Fayrouz and are already considering a return next year.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are bigger than bungalow rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Michael12 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor .

It was great a pleasure to welcome and serve you during your stay at Hilton Fayrouz Resort .
I was please to read your satisfaction with the staff service rendered, Swimming pools cleanliness with clear crystal water and enjoyed the property private beach and its facilities .

Again thank you and we appreciate your positive comments specially you liked the service, food and the restaurant beach side location, also liked your room location , size and its furniture .

Kindly note that we are running some refurbishments to enhance our product levels and ensure the Hilton Standards are properly delivered.

My pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction , as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through our precious clients’ feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential .

Will be our pleasure and honor to welcome you again and we are waiting for your next visit at your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Cluster General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We are staying in this hotel from the 14/7 to the 21/7. In actual fact we dont have any complaints till now.

Long story short was asked to settle our room bill of a little over 500 egyptian pounds in mid stay which was told by a reception supervisor on duty on wednesday evening the 17th that the accounts department has told him that we would need to settle and he was going to inform us today...the time was a little over half past eight in the evening and when was he going to do that, if this is so why does it not mention on the registration card upon check in? I tried to settle the bill with my card and he says they prefer CASH but he can also take the card if really needed... there was offer to pay in euros or dollars....

Funny but all i wanted was to break down my dollars to smaller denominations so we could give them the servers and chambermaids the daily tips....

This is our second visit and sad but true this one experience has left a very bad taste and made us feel unwelcomed. It's a shame as we come to Sharm every year!!

Overall Score

Restaurant Staff : 10/10
Housekeeping Staff : 10/10
Reception Staff (based on that one experience ) : 3/10

• Stayed July 2013
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Jorge W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , it was great pleasure to welcome and serve you during your stay at Hilton Fayrouz Resort .

I was concerned to see your comments to some of our services rendered and would ask you to accept my apologies for any inconvenience that might have happened. As our promise is to extend the light and warmth of hospitality, your comments have been raised for direct action and rectification.

Thank you for your rating to restaurant staff and Housekeeping staff . Again I do apologize for any inconvenience and We will be honored to welcome you back in the very future in your second home , when we assure your good self that no efforts will be spared to make you stay as comfortable as you would wish.

kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

it is one of the best hotels in Sharm. Not very fancy but great for sleep-only purpose. the breakfast was fair enough. the beach was great and very clean, the good point was the beach is accessible only by hotel visitors. i highly recommend it for any one visiting Sharm

Room Tip: rooms closer to the reception are closer to the beach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rashed B,

I am glad to see that in general you were satisfied with our services rendered and enjoyed your holiday at our property .

kindly note that I will share your feedback with our departments heads and team members as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

The Hilton Fayrouz Team is awaiting the pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went there with my family, and had lots of fun. The beach is nice, the pools are nice for the kids and the staff are ok. Location is great, with few minutes walk to Naama Bay Area, with lots of shops and cafe's.
Check in was lousy, after waiting for few minutes at the Hilton Honors desk with no service, I asked to speak to the duty manager, but they didn't connect me to him. Suggest you close the Honors desk if you will not provide proper service.
There is no wifi in the rooms, and the tv is pretty outdated.

All in all, it is my second stay, and I love the place. Highly recommended for a nice vacation.

Room Tip: Ground floor has the pool noise, upper floor could be some walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jedtraveller12 ,

It was great a pleasure to welcome and serve you during your second stay at Hilton Fayrouz Resort .

I was glad to read your satisfaction with the staff service rendered, hotels central location to Naama Bay area and you enjoyed the hotel private beach and swimming pools which were suitable and nice for the kids .

I would like to advise your good-self that we are running some refurbishments to enhance our product levels and ensure the Hilton Standards are properly delivered.

Bolton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I went back to this hotel after spending 5 days last year, this time we spent 2 weeks here from 18th June to beginning of July. Everything about it was amazing, from the weather, to the beach, location, food and most of all the customer service that we received here... everybody has a smile on their face and always greet you warmly when they see you.. the guys at reception are so helpful and were always on hand to answer any queries and offer assistance.
Also thanks go to the waiters at breakfast who work so hard and always made sure that my husband's glass was never short of orange juice! Breakfast was plentiful and varied and the hostess Nour was very welcoming. The chef at the egg station is amazing... he manages to do 8 different things at once and never seems to get flustered!
Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. It is in need of modernisation but this did not affect our stay in any way. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and when we first got to our room the first day there was a delicious cake waiting for us which was a lovely touch.
We spent a lot of time at the beach which is literally a couple of minutes walk away from our room, the water is crystal clear and you get to see a lot of fish just stood at the edge of the shoreline (i'm not a swimmer) so i had no need to snorkel :-) Mahmoud Galal at the Breeze bar is such a hard worker, serving at the bar and going from sun lounger to sun lounger making sure that everybody is comfortable.
We also had the pleasure of meeting the PA to the General Manager on our last day, Manal Anwar, a lovely lady who was keen to hear about our stay and took onboard our feedback about the rooms, she ensured us that they are in the process of looking at refurbishment. She was very friendly and took time out to chat to us which i though was good of her as she must be a very busy lady.
We were sad to leave as we felt so at home but we will be back for our 3rd trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Simes 78,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on trip advisor .

I am glad to see that in general you were happy and satisfied with our staff services rendered and enjoyed your holiday at our property this visit for two weeks and was joyful wedding anniversary , also liked and enjoyed the breakfast staff service buffet , satisfied with your room.

Kindly note that your stay feedbacks are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

We all are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Gilaine Guirguis
Wakefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hilton Fayrouz June/July 2013
Hopefully this review gives an un-biased opinion of this hotel.
My wife & I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights from 27th June, this stay was ur fifth time at this hotel
The hotel is not all inclusive and that suits us as we like to nip into Namma bay to eat of an evening, it is right on the beach and the staff are excellent , anything we needed we received .
The accommodation is on a bungalow style and well laid out with garden views for every room.
The accommodation itself is basic and a tad tired but it all functions well, this is not a new hotel so things are looking tired but don't let that put you off this hotel but it is clean and there were no little visitors in the rooms on an evening ( mozzies or ants).
In its favour are the location, pirates bar for the evening drink or two and the staff.
Going against it slightly is its age, but like most things in life (including us humans) we get better at other things with age, the same is true of this hotel.
Overall again we are well pleased and will definatly be returning again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Robin03 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , it was great honor and pleasure to welcome you at Hilton Fayrouz Resort .
It is our great pleasure to read your satisfaction about your holidaywith us and you were happy with your room location as requested, and you enjoyed your time on our private large beach and the hotel central location .

Manal Anwar – PA to General Manager

For/ Gilaine Guirguis
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This Hotel is Lovely And Comfortable, Although it dose need an upgrade, non the less it has a sharm all its own. I would recommend this hotel to any one staying in this area, if your looking for a nice beach good service and a memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Abdulaziz M ,

We are pleased to read your satisfaction with the service rendered, and you enjoyed the hotel private beach .

Manal Anwar – PA to General Manager

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Been to Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort? Share your experiences!