“return holiday to hilton sharm el sheik fayrouz resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From $80
Ranked #46 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
England, Arkansas
“return holiday to hilton sharm el sheik fayrouz resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

fayrouz is a wonderful hotel to stay at. We have been before but this time seemed even better.Cannot fault the staff, the bungalows are kept very clean,change of bed every day and lovely thick towels morning and evening if you want them.Toileteries are replaced everyday.The gardens are kept beautiful. Lovely place to stay at.The beach is the best with free towels and sun beds.It is a very big beach that is kept very clean and tidy.Will return there again in the future.

Room Tip: We had a bungalow facing the sea and loved it.Camels went by everyday.Music could be heard in the di...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear zack9,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , thank you for your comments you have posted , we are glad that you enjoyed you holiday and were satisfied with the staff service , HK daily service and the hotel facilities like private hotel beach and gardens .

Will be our pleasure and honor to welcome you again , we are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

909 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

As part of our Egypt trip, we did 4 days in Cairo and 3.5 in Sharm-El-Sheikh. We chose this hotel based on reviews from Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. Again, our cabs were booked with the hotel in advance.

We requested inter-connecting rooms but upon arrival were told that they did not receive this message. The manager didn't seem very bothered and when I explained that I would leave a bad review based on this especially when I had pre-booked this, they looked through their hotel and allocated us two of their rooms facing the pools (a few minutes walk away from the beach).

We were near the entrance of the hotel. Our rooms were big enough for two people. We were in a group of 5 so had two single bed and one queen/king size bed so three had to sleep on that bed which was abit of a struggle. However, on the backside of the room, we had a giant pool and bar that was open mid-afternoon to evening that made some brilliant delicious cocktails.

The bed and breakfast was very good. I enjoyed all of it and this was included in the price which I was very happy about it otherwise I would not have gone to this hotel. They always topped up our tea and coffee and always hot.

We were about a ten minutes walk from the main hussle at naama bay. It was an arduous walk in the heat but otherwise fairly okay.

Once again, the cleaners and helpers of the hotel were always very helpful and friendly. They would clean our room to exceptionally high standards and everyday there would be a new funky design on our bedsheets (eg. making a swan from the bedsheet to leaving flowers) which I really thought gave it a nice personal touch.

The bathrooms here were also of a very high standard and very clean and getting towels was absolutely no issue what so ever.

I noticed another trip advisor mentioned that one of reception managers was particularly rude. We also noticed this on our day of leaving that the managers sometimes had a very superior attitude towards their workers. Not all of them though and mostly our experience was pleasant hence I haven't marked off any stars.

I have given this review 5* because of the location, the breakfast, the rooms we got, the view of the pool and because all in all, we had a brilliant time at the hotel. I only wish we had stayed here longer than Cairo. I hope to make a visit again back to Fayrouz and I hope we get equivalently excellent service once again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance of the hotel means you get your own private pool that you share only with a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Thank You to all who made my stay a wonderful and relaxing experience. Thank You to Mohammed at the front desk for your assistance when needed. Thank You to Mahammed "Santos" in the Spa for the excellent services provided. The facility is clean. All staff were very friendly and attentive to my needs. The room was clean and well prepared and all in working order. The beach areas were clean and I was not overburdened with slaves pitches from vendors. There is plenty of security around all areas of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious, thank you to the man who cooked my eggs and waffles. Than you to the kind young lady who greeted me at the door. Thank You to all table waiters for your great service.
If you stay here, please leave generous tips. Even though they are not solicited, they are well deserved by this hard working staff.

The property around the facility is clean and safe, again, with visible security and tourist police. The promenade is a fun walk, and as usual, the various vendors can be pushy, especially at night, but the mornings are relaxed and the marina nightlife is worth taking a look at. My advice, if you don't want to engage in a unwanted in your face sales pitch, just walk away, do not engage them and they will leave you alone after you walk about 15 steps away. Do not turn back and look, just keep walking and ignore them. I say this not to be rude, but all the street / sidewalk vendors want you to stop and look, and go into their shops. If you do, have fun and bargain, bargin, bargin.

Check out the McDonalds, they sell beach towls that make a fun take home souvigner.

I have found 99% of the Egyptian people to be very kind and welcoming to tourists. However, single ladies beware that you might be the target for what might seem an unwanted advance. Just ignore it and don't walk alone, especially at night. I witnessed this on several occasions at night.

Enjoy and have fun! ThankYou Egypt for a great vacation!

ATM's are easy to locate.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked taxi from hotel before i came . on arrival to sharm the driver waiting us with name sign we suprise our car is famous london taxi :) .
chk inn was quick smoth . lovely bed with I love u by roses . our room on small pool side very nice and quite . they suprise us with honey mooner cake . our room was clean with every day towel design . the breakfast was lovely with every thing. we enjoy sooo much in this hotel and wish to back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear katkooot,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , thank you for your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed you holiday , it is pleasure to read your satisfaction with the airport pickup service and quickly check in , and were satisfied with your room location ,cleanliness and quietness , also you like and pleased with the daily breakfast buffet , thank you for the beautiful photos you has attached with your feedback .

I will share your stay lovely comments and photos with Hilton Fayrouz team members as feedback are of great importance to us, only through our precious clients’ feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential .

It will be our pleasure and honor to welcome you again at our sunny resort , we are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for seven nights after transferring from Maritim Jolie Ville at end Feb- beginning March 2013.
We had 3 incidents within the first 24 hours- within the first half hour a room service gent let himself into the room while my partner was in the balcony, ostensibly to restock the minibar. He did not let his presence be known and stood there ?? staring. Gave my girlfriend a shock when she turned around and found him standing next to the bed silently.

The second was when we mentioned it to reception, we were told- If you want privacy you should put the do not disturb sign on your door! We were flabbergasted by this, and explained that ti is inconceivable we would need the mini bar restocking within half hour of arriving and that even if someone does enter the room using their keys they should clear their throat or excuse themselves or go back towards the door and knock!

The next evening we ate at the Kiwi, an oriental restaraunt. The food took quite some time to arrive, and the waiter got my order completely wrong. When I pointed this out to him, he got upset and started insisting that I had ordered what he had brought. After a minute of 'discussion' he agreed to take it back and change it. By this time I had lost my appetite and cancelled the order while my girlfriend ate her food by herself.
We also had an incident where within 5 minutes of starting to use the Wifi in the Havana Bar the staff changed the password despite having given it to us 5 minutes ago. It was not clear who was operating the router as the bar staff shouted to the shop staff next door who then disappeared inside the shop and came out with a new password. We were in the middle of an important work related email and conspicuously using it on the closest table to the bar. SWhen we discussed thism, apparently the password is meant to be change donce daily in the morning, and this was at 5 pm that evening.

We complained about these incidents to the the duty manager ( who turned out to be F+B manager) who was most attentive and subsequently at breakfast Mr Eid the breakfast captain and Noor the hostess were most attentive- they had obviously discussed this matter in F+B as we had 3 incidents close together. The F+B manager did send us a fruit basket for the incident in the Kiwi restaraunt which we appreciated as a gesture of apology.

The hotel has a good location, a decent beach, lots of sunloungers, and is clean. We paid £75 pnight for 2 people so it definitely was not cheap compared to other hotels.

It is a four star hotel so do not expect luxury. The food at breakfast was average. After our bad experience in the restaraunts we did not eat at their restaraunts again. The best thing about the hotel is the location. The room was clean but we were told we have a sea view room when we booked but it was not- we had a pool view which really is not worth writing home about- we faced the main road on the other side. There was not much road noise though. The Villas are just slightly bigger. The rooms are quite dated and beds not very comfy.

The most disappointing incident out of all was on the last day where we had to deal with a rude reception supervisor, Mr Marwan Ali who was very indifferent to our requests. He insisted there were no managers around to speak to. He was apparently acting GM. When we further enquired, all the managers were in a meeting on site somewhere and could not be disturbed. We found this most peculiar, that a guest who is asking to speak to a duty manager/front of house manager cannot do so. We weren't asking for access to the GM. Despite several courteous requests during the day he repsonded with indifference and would barely make eye contact. I told him nicely, twice, that it would be much bette rif I could speak to the manager there and then to clear up our final issues before we elft - and I told him where I would be all day (9 am to 4 pm ) i.e. on the beach as well as coming back twice to reception at pre appointed times to see if I could meet the manager- both times he just said he could not contact him.
More than the inability to contact the manager, we were both very disappointed with his atittude towards us- one of superiority, indifference and mild hostility. We did not feel like guests at the end of our trip rather we felt like we were causing an intrusion.

We are used to staying at hotels all around the world - from cheap backpacking hotels to Small Luxury Hotels of the world- we tip well, are friendly with staff and have sigificant hotel management experience between us so we are not ignorant neither are we very demanding. More than anything else we look for value for the money we paid and expect a chain like Hilton to meet a certain level of customer service which they failed to do so on this trip.

There are cheaper places to stay in Sharm or places with better customer service and facilities for the same price. Next time I am going to try Stella Di Mare- same price, much better ratings and slightly further away from the main Naama Bay strip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have just stayed here for one week and it was a lovely clean hotel. The man that cleans the room is very good and gives you a never ending amount of towels every day, slippers, combs, lotions, etc. the pool area by the beach is very clean and quiet as everyone goes to the beach, but as we have a 4yr old she wanted preferred the pool area. We didn't mind as the pool is heated. Only downside to this hotel is the food, we only went bed and breakfast thankfully. Nothing tasted like it does at home, even the bread and there are flys everywhere inside. The entertainment was good for naama bay but could do with it on every night.
We didn't use the kids club and no one came round to promote it. I had a full body massage which was the best I had ever had from a lady called Sosan. Was 550 Egyptian pounds. Our room was at the front of the hotel by the main road but thankfully you couldn't hear the traffic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear louise b ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , thank you for your comments, it is pleasure to read you were happy and enjoyed your stay at our sunny resort , you were satisfied with your room cleanliness, quietness and HK service in general , the hotel pool and beach service and cleanliness , also enjoyed your massage session .

I will share your stay lovely comments with Hilton Fayrouz team members as feedback are of great importance to us, only through our precious clients’ feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential .

It will be our pleasure and honor to welcome you again at our sunny resort and we are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here in May and would recommend the hotel, although rooms are a little dated, the Hilton has other great things going for it.The Hilton own about a third of Naama bay so there is loads of room for the sun loungers , they are situated several metres apart. There is an italian resteraunt on the beach and water sports.
The staff cannot do enough for you, although drinks and food in the day time are a little pricey at night it all changes .Food is very cheap at the Pirates bar as is the beer about 90 pence for a pint and £4 for a curry or burger chips. I must mention my little mate Mahmood who cannot do enough for you, best barman in Sharm, also Hefney the manager at the Hilton. I would definately come back here, i have also stayed at the Marriott and the Sonnesta in Naama but they dont even get close.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear alan t,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , thank you for your comment you have posted , we are glad that you were satisfied with the staff service , food quality and the hotel facilities .
I would like to advise your good-self that we are running some refurbishments to enhance our product levels and ensure the Hilton Standards are properly delivered.

Dear alan t, Please be sure that your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through our precious clients’ feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential .

Will be our pleasure and honor to welcome you again and we are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Been to Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort? Share your experiences!