“One of the best hotels in Sharm but...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #48 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Moscow, Russia
“One of the best hotels in Sharm but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was our second visit to Hilton Fayrouz and our 16th visit to Egypt. We consider Sharm el Sheikh our home away from home, and we love going back there at every opportunity we get. We visited Hilton Fayrouz in May 2009 and enjoyed our stay thoroughly, that's why we did not hesitate choosing it again for our recent stay in August-September 2012. We had a nice time, but there were some things we were not quite happy with, and I'd like to list them below.

The biggest thing that annoyed us were the insects in our room, particularly, ants, cockroaches, butterflies and even lizards. Every day we found some new insect and had to kill it, and you'd probably agree it is not what one would want to do during his holiday. Not only did we have to kill them, but we also had to deal with their dead bodies lying around our room, especially in the bathroom until the housekeeping the next day. The ants problem was mostly solved after we called the reception and complained, but some of the ants, as well as other insects and bugs still appeared in our bathroom and in our room on a regular basis. That was the reason I did not feel comfortable being in the room. Last time we stayed in the room close to this one, but no insects bothered us. I wonder what has changed?

Now to another problems we had which were not quite as annoying but still can be fixed to make our next stay in your hotel more pleasant. We got up at 6am every morning, that's why we also went to bed rather early, usually around 8-9 pm. We did not want anyone to disturb our sleep, so we hung Do Not Disturb sign outside our door before going to bed. However, one evening, around 9.30 pm we got a call. Since we were sleeping, we did not answer it. The call repeated in 10 minutes. This time I answered and was told by someone at the reception that they had complimentary food for us (probably because of my earlier complaint at the ants thing), but there was a Do Not Disturb sign at our door. I explained that we were sleeping. They said it was ok and they would bring the food the next day. Well, my point is, if there is a Do Not Disturb sign (and they saw it before making a call) should not it apply to calls as well? I didn't appreciate being waken up twice during the night.

The beach and the sea were not clean enough. We found some garbage in the sea now and then and had to throw it away by ourselves. We were also not happy with guests from other (neighboring) hotels using our beach. It seemed like everyone could use the beach, especially guests from Delta Sharm, but also from other hotels. I come to Hilton Fayrouz mostly for the beach which is one of the best in the area, and I pay for it, so why do people who pay much less in other hotels get to use our beach too? The security on the beach should take care of this problem, especially when those guests have bracelets from other hotels that speak for themselves. I also think that umbrellas on the beach could use some updating. Most of them are so old, that they no longer protect you from the sun, which just pierces through them. What I also really did not like (but that's probably common in many hotels) is that beach boys occupy sun beds with towels at 7 am, and if you come half an hour later, there is little chance you'll find a free sun bed on the first line. I understand that guests who wake up later probably pay the beach boys for doing this, and I'd be ok with it, but too often the guests do not come at all, which means the sun beds are left empty all day, and we do not get to use them because someone's towels are on them.

We had an issue with the mini bar at the check-out. We did not use the mini bar but were still charged for some of the items in it. After about 10 minutes of investigation, they said we were right for saying we did not use the mini bar, and they did not charge us for it. I am glad they have not, but it still was not a nice thing to deal with.

I always enjoy beds and pillows in hotels in Sharm, but this time I was not happy with the pillows. They were not very comfortable to sleep on. Not sure what has changed since our last visit. The rooms need updating in general, nothing has changed since our last visit. The furniture is old, the TV set is old, the carpets, chairs, towels and bed linen are covered with stains - either because they are not properly washed or because they are just too old. All these things do not make you feel comfortable in the room.

A couple times we ordered food from the beach bar, but were not happy with the way the chicken was cooked. That's why we avoided ordering anything from the room service menu, although we wanted to.

Finally, I think it would be nice for Hilton to offer free wi-fi to those who have visited the hotel before or at least to HHonors members. It would be a nice touch, and I'd most definitely visit the hotel more often then.

Overall, it was a nice relaxing stay, and the things I mentioned above annoyed me but did not spoil the holiday. I hope they can be fixed, and when I come to Hilton Fayrouz the next time, I'll see an improvement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Tropicany24 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor. Your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I was concerned to see your comments and rankings to some of our services rendered and would ask you to accept my apologies for any inconvenience that might have happened. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed to all concerned department for direct rectification. Moreover, we are running some refurbishments to enhance our product levels and ensure the Hilton Standards are properly delivered.

Again I would like to thank you for the time you spared to comment about your stay .

It will be a great honor for us to welcome you back at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Fayrouz resort when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as you would wish .

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Was my first time in Egypt, and when we booked I had kind of mixged feelings, but from the moment when we arrived i just loved it! The staff in the hotel was very friendly and proffetional, rooms very clean. When you check in ask for a room not facing one of the pools- might be a litte bit noisy. Had few times dinner in one of the restaurants- the food was much better than in some of the restaurants in Naama Bay.
We are defenettly coming back:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Rachiel M ,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time taken to fill our guest questionnaire as it is only through the feedback of our valued guests that we are able to assess our performance and identify the areas that need to be addressed.

I am glad to see that in general you were satisfied with our services rendered and enjoyed your holiday at our property .

kindly note that I will share your feedback with our departments heads and team members as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

The Hilton Fayrouz Team is awaiting the pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Gilaine Guirguis

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
+2 069 3600 136 /42 ( Ext. 803 / 804 )
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we had 9 nights at the hotel and really enjoyed our stay (originally 10 nights booked but due to airline delays we arrived at 9am in time for breakfast). The staff at reception and breakfast were good, only thing was the breakfast bar should have air conditioning as it was so hot whilst having breakfast. I used to try and find a cool area in the restaurant, and I didn't like was being told where to sit, despite this I used to sit where we wanted. I traveled with my husband and teenage daughter. The deserts were amazing and the chef used to keep giving me delicious deserts. Also the egg man made lovely omelettes to your taste.We missed breakfast for about 4 days as we couldn't wake up and to have breakfast sent to your room was expensive so having the time till 12 would be good idea.
The rooms were good size, basic but very clean and beds were comfortable although a little hard. I liked my room as it was quite with our own little pool. The only thing i would like to mention is I asked for a quite room and I got, although was far down from reception. About 4 days into our holiday the rooms next door were filled with children who were quite noisy in the pool in the mornings. I think the far end rooms should be kept for children over 12.
I really enjoyed our stay at Fayrouz and would recommend it, its right on the beach few mins walk, also Naama bay is walking distance. I came for a relaxing break and we all enjoyed.
Tatiana was the Hilton Rep and I suggested a few things to her which would make it an excellent hotel:- Wi Fi was unavailable, you could get for a charge but for a Hilton Internet should be free.
Also when there was a show e.g belly dancing no one knew, it would be good to have a notice board with some entertainment times. Tatiana was very helpful and took on board what I suggested
We didn't do many excursions but the glass bottom boat trip is Good and well worth it. Also we wanted to do the star gazing but it wasn't advertised enough and we were told it finished at 8.30pm when it didn't get dark till 9pm, so I was wondering if anyone got to do this tour and if so did they see the stars?
There were so many Mohammed's and I would like to thank the Mohammed who met us when we arrived and gave us a lovely room. Although all the reception staff were helpful. I am looking to book again next year, probably same time if not earlier in April.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear angelella,

I am glad to read your positive holiday feedback about your stay at our property, I am pleased to read your satisfaction with the service rendered and hotel facilities .

As our promise is to extend the light and warmth of hospitality, your comments have been raised for direct action and rectification.We are currently in the process of running some refurbishments to enhance our standards to reach your satisfaction.

We will be honored to welcome you back in the very future, when we assure your good self that no efforts will be spared to make you stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz resort for 1 week (last week) and there’s a couple of things I would like to say about this hotel:

Good:
. Great Location (walking distance to Naama Bay where all the shops and restaurants are)
. Really nice people (apart from a couple of not so friendly employees)
. Good rooms (bungalow) a bit dated but perfectly good, spacious and clean
. amazing sea water with loads of beautiful colourful fish and perfect temperature

Less good:
. we both got food poisoning from the Hotel buffet dinner on our second night, at around 4am I could not bear the stomach pain any more so I called reception, they were prompt to help, and connected my to the 24hr service Pharmacy, and they sent someone over to the room with the medication, next day we had booked a snorkel tour that started at 08am, needless to say we both literally could not move from bed until 2pm that day … and where still very weak for about 2 days. We went to the hotel reception and spoke to Tatiana that was very understanding, I asked since the cause of not being able to attend the tour was due to food poisoning from the hotel if there was something they could do re the tour … just so we wouldn’t lose the money and the trip.
She spoke to her manager, long story short, the manager took us to the Tour Operator and managed that we could do the Tour on Friday. It was a really nice gesture, but I also think, necessary. I had food poisoning before, but never as severe as this one.

. if you buy the desert sunset tour (Quad) from the Hotel tour operator located on the beach, DO take water with you, they will just drop you on this quad and buggy depot, and with absolutely no word, you just wait and wait until people are gathered from other hotels (for us about 40 minutes) you will not get a drop of water until you reach the bar in the desert after ~1hr quad ride

Therefore mixed feelings about this Hotel …. We of course, never went back to the hotel restaurants, even dough we had half board package, but we decided not to risk our luck again. Of course they tried to say that nobody else had complained and that they also eat here, etc but one thing is for sure, we haven’t eaten anywhere else but the hotel until that point, and we both where sick so I think that’s enough evidence.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear susanaManuel ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor , I am glad to read your satisfaction with your stay at our property and with our various services rendered like staff friendly service, room cleaniness , hotel central location and its private beach .

I was concerned to read your comments about your stomach pain on your second night you arrived to sharm el sheikh , kindly note that symptoms you had and disappeared after 2 days is might be due to weather changes (Traveler's diarrhea ) . Traveler's diarrhea usually does not begin immediately on arrival in a foreign country but starts one to two days into the stay .
The Weather and climate play a significant role in people's health especially in Middle-East and Africa regarding the hot weather.

Kindly note that we didn't face any case of food poison before at our property and nobody else had complained from the food during your stay , but it was good to read that you recovered quickly and you enjoyed your snorkel tour as well you were satisfied with the quick assistance and service you had from Front Desk staff and Guest Relations.

Please rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed as well your positive kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction .

We all are waiting for your next visit, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Pandrup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Once again 2 weeks have ended, and like allways it has been great. We have some great friends in Fayrouz, Chef Yasser from breakfast, and Ossama from the Italien restaurant on the beach. We did have one bad experience with the beauty salon located next to hilton, and i will not recommend anyone to that place. They will cheat you if possible, so look out. Hilton Fayrouz is with out a doubt the best place in Naama Bay, and i will recommend it to any who ask :-).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear CarstenChristensen ,

I am pleased that in general seemed to be satisfactory for your good self and you enjoyed your stay at our property , and glad to read your positive comment about the staff service , I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

I was highly concerned to read your comment your dissatisfaction with the hair dresser services rendered , please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience that might have happened and rest assured that your comments have been passed to all concerned department for direct rectification.

dundee, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

we just spent the weekend in Hilton Fayrouz again and it undoubtedly one of the best hotels in Sharm... we even had our own little pool shared between 4 villas, staff were so friendly (not sleazy at all like in some other hotels we've stayed in) very professional service. We've stayed in many hotels in Sharm but this one has to be one of our favourites, Thanks to all staff there who made out stay a perfect weekend

Room Tip: We chose a family room this time, which was a little quieter than the main rooms by the pool, perfec...
Dear kwmilne ,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you at our property , thank you very much for your positive comments about the property and staff service and treatment ,your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Kindly note that I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

We all are waiting for your next visit in the soonest future to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is our second stay at The Hilton Fayrouz. The problems we had with the kid's club last year have been sorted out. This really is one of the best places to stay in Sharm. The atmosphere, surroundings, beach, service and food are excellent. It may not be at the 5 star level that one might get in SE Asia, but the rooms are clean and well serviced. It is a few minutes walk to Naaama Bay, so one can enjoy the bars and restaurants outside the hotel with ease, without haggling with taxi drivers etc. We will return.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good but the ones immediately around the main pool are slightly bigger than the ch...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear mrskhan40,

I am pleased that in general was satisfactory for your good self and you enjoyed your stay at our property , glad to read your positive comment and you were stastifeied with the food quality , staff service and room cleanliness and enjoyed city easily because of the hotel central location. I will share your precious comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back at your second home Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Fayrouz resort when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as you would wish .

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Been to Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort? Share your experiences!