“Dont go all inclusive!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #75 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Dont go all inclusive!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our third stay in Naama Bay and decided to try the Hilton Sharm Dreams. We arrived at around 8pm to be told that there were no double rooms available, i wasn't pleased about this as i booked the holiday in July. We were put in a twin room for the night and were told we could move rooms first thing the next morning.
We went to the reception after breakfast to be told to come back at two and they will have a room ready for us. We took our cases to reception at two and was informed that there were no rooms ready and to come back at three. We did this and im pleased to say the room was lovely and a lot closer to main hotel.
All staff were friendly apart from the 'manager' of the food hall, the tables were set up for three people, not many set up for two, there were lots of tables available so my partner and i sat on a table made up for three, as i put my food down i was told i couldn't sit on the table and to move to a table made up for two, he was quite abrupt and rude. He did this to a number of people and as not many people were going to eat in 'threes' he then started to take the third chair away from these table to make them tables for two as no one was sitting on them.
He didnt seem to do much himself just stand over people when they were eating.
The food was very poor, we ate breakfast a few times but other than that we ate out every lunch and tea time. I have never been to a hotel with such poor food, it was not much selection and either cold or tasteless.
I can honestly say i wont be returning in a hurry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to reception otherwise you will be in the back of beyond.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world, this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Magdy Metwally

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travelled to Egypt in Jan. 13 with my cousin. We were looking for sun, good food and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. This was my second visit to Egypt but my first stay at the Hilton.

The staff were welcoming from point of arrival, from senior management to the waiter and bar staff.

We had the option of staying within the hotel grounds and making use of the pool areas for a quieter day or going across the road to the beach. This was one of the many joys of staying at Dreams.

I am also grateful to the chef and restaurant staff who cooked beautiful meals for us each day, with options of healthy and pure indulgence.

As two female we were initially mindful of leaving the hotel grounds to Naama Bay till we realised that it was just a short working distance and because of the other hotels in the area, we were able to walk there at all times of the days.

Many activities available - spa and aqud bike is what we did during our stay.
Geraldine

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would like to thank ALL the staff at Sharm Dreams Egypt whom made our stay exceptional in Dec 2012!

From the Reception as we walked in it was amazing from the offset! The staff are so friendly, kind and generous arranging a cake for our Anniversary and so much more.

Being Indian (veggie) the children can easily suffer when away from home as there's only so much chips and pasta one can have! BUT The Chefs were so helpful and generous making us vegetarian food even though we were all inc via the restaurants and making us feel so at home in Egypt.

The towel boy was amazing and ever so helpful as was the pool bar attendant such a friendly person always smiling and playing with the kids and keeping everyone so entertained!

The lady at the food hall again ever so friendly and the children loved her too!

I can’t thank them all enough for they made our first family holiday exceptionally memorable!! It was an AMAZING Experience we felt like royalty! NO EXAGGERATION!

Room Tip: The Villas are well worth it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks and although we had a great holiday, there were both some pros and cons to the hotel.

Pros: the rooms were spacious and clean, there are lots of swimming pools (however, it's a shame the big main swimming pool isn't heated during the winter months as it was too cold to use during our two weeks there), the actual complex is very well kept and the staff are generally very friendly.

Cons: the food, especially if you are all inclusive! The breakfast was great but after two weeks you really do get sick of the lunch and dinner food which is reminiscent of a university canteen, even the pasta isn't cooked properly! Although the hotel has a Mexican, Lebanese and Italian restaurant as well, you can only use these once for free during your stay if you are all inclusive. On the plus side the chefs were extremely accommodating and were happy to make something in particular for you if you requested it.

The service in the hotel was generally very good, my one complaint is about the waiters during lunch and dinner in the main restaurant. All too often, we would order drinks to go with our meal and they would arrive 20-30 minutes later, by which time we had already finished our meals.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Dreams overnight due to flight delay and first impressions were great however they were soon quashed. As with a lot of Sharm hotels this place is huge, we were staying in a room which was a 10 minute walk from the hub of the facility so was quite a trek. The room was clean and spacious with a good variety of channels on the TV, however the bed was plank hard, the shower pressure was non existent and the twin beds were not possible to push together to make a double, no free Wi-Fi, these things themselves were not biggies but combined with rude staff who were not interested in rectifying the issues or providing any customer service made our stay a chore. Another case of staff letting a Hotel down.

Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

coventry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed for one night only as our flight was cancelled. The hotel lobby is likened to an airport departure lounge where groups of people sit around waiting for the restaurant (cafeteria) to open (no joke). The cafeteria is an open plan large area in the foyer were the food is the worse I have ever tasted on a holiday and I am not exagerating this. We tried the dinner and lunch and could not find anything edible at all not even the salad. The waiters were few who were overworked trying to cope with the hoards of guests being herded in like cattle by the restaurant manager. The food choice was small, cold pieces of battered fish, vegetable lazagne which was dried up with no sauce, dried up veg and pasta,and some hummas, and this was at the very start on the meal sitting ....Disgusting luke warm food, ok rooms, too big a complex as we got lost and spotted a staff member, when asked were our room block was he had to look at a map he had.....Soooo glad I did not book this hotel for my main stay. If you want to stay somewhere were the food is fantastic with lots of variety, the staff are eager to make your stay memorable and the surrounding gardens are a delight to walk around then try the Sultan Gardens Hotel. If you don't believe me just look at the tripadvisor reviews for it ...FABULOUS

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

After reading some of the adverse comments we were a little concerned but after staying for 2 weeks we can say that we were very pleased. We are quite seasoned travellers and are used to having good quality holidays (usually 5 star). Room was excellent with great service, clean linen every day and well cleaned throughout. All staff were helpful and couldnt do more for us. The pools were very clean and the tropical pool was very warm and not too deep for inexperienced swimmers and children. Although this is a very large hotel complex and during our second week the hotel was full we felt that the complex coped very well never feeling crowded and no long queues at the bars. Overall you couldnt fault the catering. There was a good selection of food for all nationalities we found something nice at every sitting. While the indoor bar could get a bit smokey we usually used the outside facilities being non-smokers.
The hotel provided insect repellant plug with tablets we did get bitten so take precautions.
Overall a good holiday experience. Our thanks to all the staff. Holiday Jan 2013. all inclusive.

Room Tip: we were in 1001 convenient for reception and dining room our friends were in 3026 and were happy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2013

Magdy Metwally

Been to Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort? Share your experiences!