“Our Best Holiday Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Norfolk
“Our Best Holiday Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

This is a fantastic hotel with the most wonderful staff you could ever wish to meet. Nothing was too much trouble and the Animation Team excelled themselves with their friendly banter, endless enthusiasm and extreme kindness to our two boys.They are really missing their twice a day football matches on the beach with Oscar!
We only went on one trip booked with Scuba Steve at Aquarius.This involved 3 snorkeling sites, lunch on the boat and plenty of sunbathing.It was an amazing day as I conquered my fear of the sea and really enjoyed all the fabulous marine life the Red Sea had to offer.The day was made even more special by the friendliness of the crew aboard the boat called "Maka".
You could pick fault with some very minor things concerning the Coral Sea Imperial such as the hardness of the beds, the poor quality of the spirits and the air con being too noisy but I could put up with these minor things because the shear beauty of this Hotel and everyone Imet here makes up for it without a shadow of a doubt. We would recommend this hotel to everyone and we cannot wait until we return next year. We just hope that our friends Salah, Fathy, Mohamed, Oscar, Julia, Mito, Maddo, Pretty Boy, Ali, Abdul and Scuba Steve are still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,783)
  • Polish first
Chislehurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Just returned from The Coral Sea Imperial after spending a week there with my mum and little boy. Our room was really nice and clean and a good size, would have upgraded to a sea view but the hotel was full. The resort is quite large so takes a while to find the quickest route to everything. The pool was lovely and the beach stunning with good bars at both. We enjoyed the food but it didn't compare with the all inclusive food in Crete last year, lovely restaurant on the beach where you can have steak or fish but have to pay for your drinks there. We felt well while there but on returning my mum has been really ill with sickness and stomach upset, I also have stomach pains but this seems to be normal for Egypt! It is a shame my mum is so ill because we had such a fantastic holiday it has kind of over shadowed it. I would definately return as the people are so nice and great with the kids, would probably go earlier or later in the year as in May it is about 40 degrees. Overall had a great time.

slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

As independent travelers it was the first time we stayed in a resort. We stayed 14 days in May. The main and only reason was snorkeling, free diving and underwater photography.
The hotel is situated at Ras Gamila, which is the north eastern part of Ras Nusrani reef.
From the hotel jetty to the left there is about 1.5 km of the reef to the green lighthouse, to the right about 1km, passing the Baron hotel jetty nearby, to the sandy tip of the bay.To the left the current starts about 400 m from the jetty so count your strength to come back, to the right a current starts after passing the Baron Hotel jetty and slowly gets stronger towards the end of the bay (usually).The reef is in excellent condition and the fish life is spectacular! The visibility is from astounding over 30 m to 8m , depending on the day. Water is mixed cold and warmer, in patches, short 3 mm wet suit is mandatory.We went for a day trip with Aquarious divers (located on the beach) to Ras Muhamed and Tiran, the hotel house reef is as good as those we saw there!Thanks to the Aquarious divers, Becky and Nassouri! From our experience, staying extensively in Caribbean, the reef, although different in type and abundance of fish, is much better than: Guadaloupe, Martinique,Dominica, Curacao, USVI, (Bonaire somewhat excluded)! Walking to the left of the beach, there is a swimming area where is easy to swim and also snorkel the inner part of the reef. ( not in the beginning where everybody snorkels, but after 50m).
Now the Hotel. Is a semicircle, nice built, opening towards the sea with a pool and nice garden in the middle,two storeys sloping in terraces.There is a whole day and night ( up to almost midnight) animation and music pounding for the masses. So if you hate that stuff, as we do, you have to move and upgrade to the beach front rooms.
The rooms are very nice and tidy, the cleaners are all day around the corridor waiting for the tip. Air condition is very noisy and not cleaned a long time.Beware of the Russian guests, noisy and unfriendly.
The food is plenty, a lot of choice, but for us it was all the same taste, in the Pharaoah restaurant there is a pasta chef Antonio, who can save your day and meal ( grazie Antonio!) The others guests seemed to like the food ,they were eating as coal miners after a 12 hour shift! The waiters cleaned the tables mechanically, disregarding if you finished your meal or not, they didn`t clean the crumbs off the table. The staff is very friendly anyway.Strongly recommended for the reef, go before is too late!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

After a bad experience in Dom Rep my girlfriend and I regularly check tripdavisor to choose the hotels we stay in.

I stayed in Sharm May 2008 at the Coral Sea Resort on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and was excellent, so much so that we wanted to go back to Sharm this year.

On the basis of tripadvisor reviews we chose the Coral Sea Imperial.. Obviously one of the top rated hotels in Sharm.

Arrival there was good - checked in swiftly and shown to the room by the bellboy and then 20 mins later knock on the door. Guy gave us a couple of pizzas as we had checked in after dinner was finished.

In general the room is ok for a 3 star. Spacious and relatively clean but the bed is a rock - our matress was changed - was a little softer but slept better on the sunbeds! - Room cleaners didn't make any effort to replace dirty cups with clean ones. Bathroom was not well finished, taps weren't secure and the toilet smelt when you flushed it. Main bug bear was that if was very noisy at night esp with Russians running around outside slamming doors and having full blown conversations outside your door - walls thin too so can hear next door's telly at 4am!

There are 2 pools and we spend most of our time at the quieter one which was good. However a really annoying thing is that you are pestered ALL DAY from Aquarius Diving Club sales / Camel Ride Sales / Massage Sales / Beauty Salon etc etc

Beach is ok sand/shingle and there are 3 piers that you can snorkell off (one belongs to CSI) and the snorkelling is fantastic. There is the CSI and the Baron Palms but that is it for a while - just wasteground either side.

Location is awful - nothing to do unless u go into Naama Bay - 20 min cab ride away - so you are stuck with the hotel animation team - who no doubt work hard, but is worse than butlins.

Food - Who wants to eat Lamb Hot Pot / Cottage Pie when the weather outside is like 35 to 40 degrees?? Food is very repetative and bland - speciality restaurants are not up to a four star plus resort as in First Choice brochure. Food not on a par with the fare served up at a holiday inn!

Basically this hotel is marketed to you are a 4 to 5 star hotel. It is not worth a 3 star by British standards. Hotel was called the Conrad as I'm sure you know and as I understand it the management decided to change to Coral Sea Imperial. However the hotel is now under new management and from the repeat customers is nowhere near up to the standard it was before which is a shame.

I'm writing this review because I rely on tripadvisor to find good hotels and I feel this one is not as good as it is made out to be. So be warned. Judging by the grumblings of discontent at the hotel, expect there to be more negative reviews and watch this hotel slip from the top of the tree.

If you are booked to go to the CSI - if you have the same experiences as me - just ask to be transferred to the Coral Sea Resort - I wish I had done!

And btw DON"T call home from the hotel room phone. GBP 30 for a 10 minute call. OUCH

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We arrived at the Coral Sea Imperial very late on in the evening, check in was a breeze and we were soon in our room. Within 30 minutes they had sent 4 pizza's and 4 bottles of water. I was a bit apprehensive before we walked into our room as some reviews had not been too positive about them. There was no need to worry, the room was bright, spotlessly clean and the bedding crisp white and fresh. Our children had 2 beds that had been put in the double room but we still had loads of room. The bathroom was fine, a couple of bits could have been finished off better but it was clean and modern. The rooms are made up every day with clean towels every day. The bedding changed each week. We found the food in the Tiran buffet restaurant to be very good and very well cooked. There is LOADS of choice, the wine, beer and soft drinks are of a good standard too. The staff in the restaurant are attentive and friendly. The chefs are always buzzing around checking the food and replenishing it. Now, onto the beach; it is absolutely perfect, the sea is warm and clear, the sea life is mind blowing. We hired a Sea Spy (see Ahmed at the Aqua Centre on the beach) they are a great way to see the sea life if you don't fancy snorkling. We also went quad biking in the dessert - amazing. The horse riding trip that is available through Sultan at the hotel is also absolutely brilliant - Sultan and his family made us very welcome at the stables and our own guide took us out into the Sinai Desert. What really made our holiday was the Animation Team (Madu, Mido, Julia, Sammy, Oskar, Lito, Ronnie and Antanella). I know that some reviews have slated the entertainment and everyone is entitled to their own view but we LOVED them. In the day there is loads going off for kids and adults alike. I was dragged up one day to take part in Water Gym - I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. The shows that the Animators put on in the evening are energetic, funny and entertaining. Madu is such a funny, lovely guy and chatted to us loads over the 2 weeks, we were all so sad to have to leave him. Julia is the sweetest girl and had my daughter up doing so many activities we hardly saw her. Mido - cheeky boy, made everyone laugh. The pool area is lovely and there are always towels available. My only gripe is that the area around the pool could be swept and swilled down more regularly. The pool however is very clean and tested daily. We had lunch at the pool bar most days, hot and a fair amount of choice including fresh fruit.

The staff at the hotel appear to work 24/7 and are always cheerful and happy to help. We tipped them not because it is the "done thing" but because the deserved it.

One word of caution for those going into Nama Bay - don't get dragged into the shops near the taxi drop off point. They will do anything to get you into the shops and often shut the door once you are in. Wait until you get into the centre of Naama Bay before you part with your cash. We did not get full blown "Tummy Trouble" but both my Daughter and I felt a bit unwell, the reps pointed us to the local chemist who speaks very good English and was very knowledgeable. He gave us tablets and re-hydration sachets at a reasonable price. We got better very quickly.

We would return to the Coral Sea Imperial. We had a lovely time in a safe, clean and comfortable environment. I cannot fault this hotel or it's staff. The reps were very helpful too.

taunton, somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Coral Sea Imperial and am missing it so much. There were 11 of us in total, 7 adults and 4 children aged 1, 4, 7 and 9. the 1 and 9 year olds being mine!
I have never stayed in a hotel where you are made to feel so welcome and the staff can't do enough for you. When we arrived we found there was no bed for my 9 year old son or cot for my 1 year old daughter in our room. I rang down to reception and was told someone would be up within 5 minutes, expecting the usual hour or so I didn't expect the knock on the door with the bed and cot 2 minutes later.
The hotel itself is spotless, we were in the 'old block' but wouldn't have thought so. I have read ALL the reviews on here about how poor the bathrooms are etc and I think they are all unfounded. Our bathroom was a good size and worked perfectly.
We never had any complaints with the food in the restaurant. always found it to be piping hot, and a good selection of dishes. I have a fussy husband and a baby and they always found something to eat. We never had any trouble finding somewhere to sit and the waiters were always there to help with highchair, water etc.
We ate in the Cabana bar on the beach and I think I possibly had the best steak there I have ever had, we tipped the staff and they came back to say we had overpayed them. not many places where the staff are that honest??
We also ate in the Italian restaurant, this was for my sister in laws birthday and once again the food was fantastic, they brought out a cake for her birthday and the whole staff in the restaurant came our singing and dancing for her. was fantastic.
My favourite however, was the traditional egyptian meal we had, the food was out of this world and the Shisha pipes were a lot of fun!
The pools were glorious! The 'cold' pool was not cold at all, perfect when the temperature were up in the late 30's every day!
We went down to the beach and I snorkelled for the first time which was amazing. I was hooked from the minute I went in, you just can't imagine it until you see it for yourself.
I will finish now as I know I could go on and on, but I would like to finish with this, the reviews of everyone complaining about how bad this hotel is, are obviously people that are never happy. We are a fussy bunch and we found there was nothing to complain or moan about, infact we loved it so much we are looking at going back again next year and that is something we have never done!
Thank you to all the staff at Coral Sea Imperial for making our first trip to Egypt and Sharm El Sheikh so fantastic.
The Glynn family, White Family and Nation Family xx

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

we went 2 thishotel 3 yearsago and we thought it was nice then ,we have just returned and we can say this hotel is 100 percent better.the food has inproved alot and we met some great people ,the staff are fantastic we got on with all ov them one guy called mohiy who works in thebar he woz so nice and we are going 2 keep in touch with him and we carnt wait 2 go back next may xx

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea? Share your experiences!