“spotless resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Ayr, United Kingdom
“spotless resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

just back on the 4th june after 2 weeks party of 6 we had a great time the staff cant do enough for you in any part of the hotel me and my friend stayed in the adult section room 3246 above the bar KARIM & the lads at the bar were brilliant (mr jimmy) says hi lol the thomson reps were brill 2 i had my birthday there & they sent me a card wine nibbles & a cake i was well pleased the whole hotel scores a big 10 i have traveled a fair bit in my time & this place is up there i would recommend it no problem mohammed at the lobby bar was so funny 10/10 (jimmy adidas) says hi & hopes 2 return someday ..........
free wifi in all areas would be good

Room Tip: adult section great pool & sea view try room 3246 ours
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
shaarawim, General Manager at Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear John D,

Thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to celebrate your birthday, I am pleased you have had a great time celebrating with us. Thank you also for your special mentions of Karim and Mohamed, your kind words shall be passed on.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again someday.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,028)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

(Before reading this, I should qualify that I have stayed in Egypt on a few occasions now).

Save your money and look elsewhere. The hotel was very nicely laid out and well located, but; the staff were unpleasant and hostile, being rude and abrupt when you spoke to them; food was tepid and food areas not kept clean; exceedingly repetitive limited menu; broken sink in the room reported twice - not fixed; Jacuzzi bath in the room belched out black slime on first use; used towels removed but not replaced; room not cleaned every day; main restaurant more like a (noisy) student refectory than a dining area; other restaurants that you had to prebook were permanently booked up; constant noisy mechanical work being done round the hotel; no sign of a Thomson rep on arrival or departure, instead a subcontracted local firm; Sharm airport experience DREADFUL (baggage belt broken, took one hour to get from entrance to baggage drop, toilets awash with soiled floors, duty free packed to the rafters.)

I was unsure if maybe it was just me being disappointed, but spoke to the lady who was sat next to me on the plane home whom it turned out had also stayed at the Sensatori and had similar, and at times even worse experiences. She and I both agreed we would never stay there again, and had stayed in much better hotels. We were both very unimpressed with Thomson as well, both long term customers, and both seriously reconsidering whether we would use them again.

All in all, for £2,500 for a week, I wish I hadn't bothered, and came home quite upset. I have complained to Thomson, but seriously doubt whether I will get any meaningful response.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lucy C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It surprises me to read that you have found the staff to be rude, unpleasant, hostile and abrupt. The vast majority of reviews cannot praise the staff enough and consider them the jewel in the crown of their holiday. We monitor our team and their behaviour closely and anything less than the professional friendliness with positive attitude is immediately corrected. However, we will be sure to continue to monitor this.

I am also surprised that you felt food areas were not kept clean. Housekeeping are at hand in the restaurant throughout every meal time to sweep the floors and clean up mess whilst the chefs and restaurant staff are constantly cleaning the surfaces and replacing the serving items, not just to appear clean at all times but high levels of hygiene are of the utmost importance to us in all areas, with particular emphasis in the kitchens and restaurants.

The issues you have reported with your room will be investigated to understand what has happened.

Regarding the Thomson reps, there is always a Thomson representative at the airport and on the bus to the hotel upon arrival and the guest relations lounge is open from 8am to 8pm every day with reps on hand for any enquiry.

Overall I am sorry that you have felt disappointed but hope that you still enjoyed your holiday.

Cannock, Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Had a great week at the Sensatori 24th May to 31st May.

Have to say the staff here are fantastic! Can't get over Kawther's fantastic smile in the Fountain View restaurant every day, she really was a shining star for the Sensatori brand. We also had great service from Mohammed (Lobby Bar), Redah (Fountain View) and Sami (Adult Pool).

The food and drinks package exceeded our expectations from the lunchtime salads at the Fountain View, cocktails and sparkling wine courtesy of Mohammed to all 3 of the AI a la cartes. We particularly enjoyed the Marhaba and Italian. Had no problem with the booking system and managed to book for 6 nights at the times that suited us.

Entertainment was good and particularly enjoyed the Beatles night and comedy act in the club house. Abba night was a bit of a disappointment as the staging was poor (what no Abba costumes or hallmark moves!!).

If you've booked a holiday here, you really should enjoy it.

The only negatives here that we saw were very minor - some of the pools required maintenance to replace missing mosaic tiles or to ensure the water jets are all working and the dressing gowns were not very luxurious at all and well below 5 star standards.

Other than that, what's not to like? We don't believe in going to the same hotel twice - but we would certainly make an exception here!

Go, enjoy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear martians37,

Thank you for your follow up review, I am glad that you have had a fabulous week celebrating your birthday.

I am sorry that you felt the dressing gowns were below standard, although from your review it is hard to understand if it was the condition, quality or design. They will in any case be reviewed to ensure our high standards are met in this aspect.

With regards to the pools, these are checked daily to review the condition and if there are any tiles cracked or broken or any other damages observed they are reported to the engineering department for immediate repair.

All in all I am happy you had a great stay and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Alyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed here with my husband for out first holiday on our own and was a great choice. We had a jacuzzi on our balcony and faced the beach...was a beautiful view first thing in the morning, every restaurant had great food and the hotel was spotless. Wouldn't hesitate in returning here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gillian G,

Many thanks for your excellent review. It is great to read that you and your husband have had a fantastic first holiday together. I hope we have the chance to welcome you both again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was recommended this hotel by a friend of mine who is on her 6th trip there, so I decided to give it a go. I wasn't disappointed it was all she said it was! The food was ok, with plenty of choice so easy to eat from main restaurants, obviously due to the religion of the country there was no pork, sausage and bacon! but there was plenty of other choice. Easy to book the themed restaurants the lower the number you are I guess the easier it is?
The staff are brilliant and look after your every need and even know your drinks so you don't even need to ask in certain bars! I was travelling with just my husband and there are areas for adults only if you want a child free holiday.
They certainly recognize if you have been to the hotel before and reward you with discounts and even upgrades.
I recommend thompsons VIP Cruise the Reefs were amazing and the trip was a great day out.
I will definitely return next year and I was totally relaxed and when you work hard its just what the doctor ordered.
Only down side is the Sharm Airport its a nightmare of a place with 8 planes due to take off at the same time!? - NOT pity really. A lot of trips with thompson had been cancelled due to the problems in the country but we felt safe there and there wasn't any problems other than they check everything in and out of the resort, but thats not a bad thing.

Room Tip: We had a superior room and it was lovely, they tend to be in the sun all day.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tracey S,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent holiday with us. I am very happy you have taken the advice of your friend to try the resort and happier still that you found it as good as she said it was.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again next year as our returning guest. If I could be of any assistance at any time please let me know.

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Rotten
journey home paid for seats
On flight so we could sit together and they changed the plan so we got split up wad not happy as it was a present for my daughters 30th birthday i am going to complain but that was nothing to do with the hotel also they should just shut Glasgow airport it is a disgrace no staff to run it properly

• Stayed May 2014
shaarawim, General Manager at Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear carolhelenfleming,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately as a representative of the hotel I am unable to comment on the flight or on Glasgow airport. But I would like to thank you for your excellent review and I am glad you had a great stay with us.

Long Eaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We booked the Sensatori with Thomson as this was marketed as their premium brand hotel range; and although I have no complaints; it does not qualify for a 5-star hotel when compared to the service and quality you would get in Europe. The staff were always very courteous and welcoming, we didn't have any issues with staff indicating they wanted to be tipped. We did tip of course and this sometimes meant you got served quicker when the bar was busy. The piano bar is simply too small to cater for the number of customers during the evening; so if you want to sit there then you'll need to be early. Plenty of space outside to relax under the stars though. The food was excellent and always plenty of choice with lots of food stations preparing fresh dishes; it was hard to watch all the cakes and pastries being thrown away after breakfast - so much waste! We did our best to minimise the damage :-) I can't really comment on the pool as we couldn't get anywhere near it, again not enough sun loungers for the number of customers. However, the beach was perfectly adequate and for me preferred as there was a gentle breeze. We took advantage of the scuba diving offered on site and cannot recommend this enough; it was the first time we had tried and enjoyed it so much we did it again. The variety of fish was amazing and we were fortunate enough to see a guitar shark too! Would definitely visit Egypt again but maybe try a different hotel.

Room Tip: We were located in a jacuzzi suite on the first floor which I believe is in the adults only block ov...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear clemouk,

Thank you for your review although I am sorry that you felt we have not reached a five star standard, in your opinion.

The seating capacity of the Piano Bar has been recently extended, whilst there are also other areas to sit in the evening too. Furthermore, there are a sufficient number of sun loungers around the hotel to accommodate all guests when the hotel is at full capacity. On arriving at a pool just speak to one of the staff and they will be pleased to assist in finding you a place to stay.

All in all I hope that despite the issues you have raised you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Been to Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea? Share your experiences!