My Wife and I stayed her for two weeks during June/July 2013. We arrived at the Sensatori at 9.30pm and received a very warm welcome from the staff. We were given a cold towel and a glass of fruit juice, both of which were very welcome! Check in was very smooth as we had been given our info pack and check in card to complete during the transfer from the Airport. We were taken to our room by golf buggy which was great fun.
Our room 2212 was situated in block 2 overlooking the pool area and certainly had the wow factor. With mood lighting, flat screen TV, Jacuzzi bath, IPod docking station and the most humongous bed we have ever seen! It was very comfortable and spotless, only slight negative was lack of a mini bar, however full tea and coffee was provided.
We went to the Fountain View Restaurant and were pleasantly surprised to discover the whole selection of food was still available. On previous holidays to other hotels we have found ourselves picking over the leftovers from dinner on arrival, but this is certainly not the case in this hotel. We ate at the fountain view most nights and always found the food to be of the highest standards. There was always plenty of choice and throughout our two week stay we never found the food repetitive. The show cooking stations are a must try, particularly the pasta section. This is also the main restaurant for breakfast which was also had an excellent selection of cereals, pancakes, waffles and cooked food etc. We visited the Casa Bianca one evening which was very easy to book and the food and service was outstanding. We also ate at the Tiran Diner for lunch, which provide delicious burgers, chips and salads etc. We didn’t eat at the other restaurants so can’t comment on them.
We found all the staff outstanding, they are all very polite and hardworking. I was pleased however that they were quite open to having a laugh and a joke and some banter once they got to know you. Special mention must go to Rami our pool waiter who was a great guy, and also Assen the ‘Cockney Egyptian’ who works in the Sinai Theatre, and the two waiters both called Ahmed in the Fountain view who all really went the extra mile to look after us during our stay. We also found the reception staff very helpful, and the guest relations team were excellent throughout. All the staff speak English to a very high standard.
The pool and beach area are all very well maintained and spacious. We had to play the usual game of getting up at dawn to secure sunbeds but that seems to be par for the course everywhere these days. The staff bring round an icy towel and fresh fruit in the afternoon. Going off the jetty into the Red Sea and swimming with the fish was amazing experiences, just a tip, go late in the afternoon as the sea is calmer and there seem to be more fish about at that time. I would recommend you take a snorkel with you, however, I must mention that mine broke and I was able to secure a new one from the hotel shop after some heavy duty haggling for just £10. If you can stretch to it I would recommend a waterproof camera as you will get some amazing pictures.
The sports and leisure facilities are well organised and there is no pressure to join in. I tried the scuba diving taster session which was free and very enjoyable. Other activities included Tennis, Archery, football etc. Slight grumble with the aqua aerobics /Zumba which was the same thing every day with same music which started to get a bit repetitive to listen to.
The hotel was immaculate throughout and the cleaners and gardeners work tirelessly to maintain the standard. We had no health issues during our stay and there are hand gel stations at all the restaurants.
Our only real gripe was the evening entertainment which was very lacking in variety. We thoroughly enjoyed the Robbie Williams and Jessie J tribute acts, and also the motown night which were all acts flown in from the UK. We were rather less keen on the show cast which consisted mainly of very screechy out of tune singing coupled with very cheesy dance routines. There was also a comedy night which depends on your taste, but worth noting that the theatre emptied after the first 20 mins! There is far too much emphasis on singing and not enough variety such as Cirque de Soleil type acts which we have enjoyed elsewhere.
We made good use of the hotel limo taxi service for various outings and I can’t recommend them enough. They are inexpensive, safe and reliable and turn up as promised at the specified times.
We booked a late checkout until 6pm as we didn’t want to rush about. We had a slight issue in that our cleaner appeared to be under time pressure to get our room ready for the next guest and kept knocking at the door enquiring if we were going to be much longer which was rather annoying.
Apart from a few minor issues I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this excellent hotel to anyone. We shall certainly be returning in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Conrad Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh by Coral Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.