“Ultimate Spa experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ultimate Spa experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was in Sharm about the middle of May and had the opportunity to use the Spa facility at the Hilton waterfall. I was not a guest in the hotel but a friend recommended the spa so I took her up on her word and it was an experience second to none. I started off with a Thai massage (and it was better than the massages i had in Thailand) and have to say after that I was hooked and by the end of my two weeks in sharm I think I had a go at most of the massages on offer and every single one was as good if not better than the last one. My skin has never been so soft and as for my body if I had of been any more relaxed I think I might have been unconscious. The lovely sniffs and whiffs of the products they used were amazing and as I said my skin has never been in such great shape. If I were to recommend my favorite to be cliche I would go for the Egyptian massage. As for the staff again I cannot fault them in any way. So friendly and attentive, they pretty much bent over backwards to make me feel at home, so much so that I also had a manicure and pedicure with a free top up just before I went home. I am not a person who would normally write a review but felt that the treatment I received deserved a mention. I am heading back to Sharm next month and the first thing on my to do list is to go to your great spa facility, have a manicure, pedicure and an amazing massage (Egyptian to start) then work my way through them all again. I would just like to thank you all very much for your hospitality especially Emy, Amer and Tito. I swear Emy has magic hands and butterflies on her feet I didn't even hear her move!!!
See you again soon
Sinead Hay

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Guest Relations Agent at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort and for taking the time to post your comments on this site.

Your comments not only essential to us as they represent a very important tool of measuring our performance and improving our services where necessary.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we have achieved our goal of ensuring that your holidays had memorable moments of relaxation, fun and discovery.

Thank you again for your comments. The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Julie Lemoine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Okay this was my fourth visit to this wonderful hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and entertaining! I love it. I will mention a few names, but please forgive me if I forget anyone, there are just too many to mention you all, but all are worthy of praise. First of all on reception... always a warm welcome from Shady and Zahran and Mohammed (sorry I dont know your last name!). Mina, Assistant Manager is also very professional and worthy of his promotion, thank you for your help! Then onto Ibrahim in Cascades restaurant, you are doing a great job! Mamoud, Mohammed, Remy and others whose names escape me now... always happy to serve. Shaban and Mohammed in Verde, always welcoming and accommodating! Chief Sayed.. top man! Chief Yaya - hilarious... I am sure he is related to Mahrous (bar supervisor).. what a pair, always professional, but always providing a laugh :-) Three of the best bar men in Egypt are Mina, Maged and Hassan - you guys are brilliant, thank you for your great service and smiles!
Apart from the practically guaranteed sunshine, you are pretty much guaranteed a fabulous holiday at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls, the grounds are super, the Chillax pool is exactly what it says on the tin! (no children allowed!) Not that I dont like kids, far from it, but it is good to have somewhere to go, especially on holiday, for some peace and this pool has a great swim up bar too - how cool is that!
I got home late last night and am trying to work out when I can go again.... clean, tidy, and excellent value for money. The staff are jus the icing on the cake.
"allah yibarrick feek" to you all....

Was a bit disappointed as I put the above on trip advisor early May, but it was not posted for some reason.... here we go again... please post this review as it really is a great hotel with excellent staff.

Room Tip: See view is a must!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Agent at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of entire Hilton Waterfalls team I would like to thank you for this excellent feedback on Trip Advisor site. I was happy to read your comments in which you praise hotel’s products and services. But my greatest pleasure was to know that a bit of personal care provided by our team members did make you feel truly relaxed and comfortable during your stay. The personalized service is a very important part of the Hilton promise we are currently striving to deliver to all costumers, we do appreciate your kind recognition.

I will be sure to share your comments with all members of staff and will personally praise those people whom you have mentioned in your letter, for their outstanding service and being able to create a positive impression.

We will be happy to welcoming you back to our resort in a very near future.

Sincerely yours,
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

review a little late 4 of us went there 3 weeks ago, first thing i must mention are the staff , totally amazing, great sense of humor,considering the hours and pay. special mention to Mr coffee, who always served you with a smile on are last morning,put red petals on are table,also the omelate man yaya not sure hows it spelt. hotel spotless they never stop cleaning 24 hrs, beautiful gardens. rooms spotless and a good size with a kettle and tea/coffee facilities. would defo recommend the star gazing trip or otherwise known as the camel ride. fabulous day. we all screamed getting on/off but hell it was well worth it we meet the bedwin people, you have a meal which was lovely,then they entertain you banging on a oil drum while we all danced around the fire fab. one thing we wish the rep would have told us , would be to take some sweets for the children only a few there but how they live and servive is amazing. took in soho sq didnt relizise how close we where. you would be better getting a taxi, there are plenty outside the hotel , also loved the bizar over the road the rep failed to tell us about. food ok. pools great plenty of sunbeds. amazing cocktails would recommend the waterfall cocktail. only thing for us it was so so hot 102 in the morning was to much the staff come round and spray you which was great also the cold towels and fruit they bring around a great idea fab holiday first time to sharm glad we went

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same size
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many greetings form Hilton Waterfalls resort.

I would like to reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the hospitality of our team members. I was happy to know that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards,
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just returned from a week relaxing at Sharm Waterfalls, a very enjoyable week, no clouds, good food, attentive staff, everywhere very clean, would definitely go there again

Room Tip: The resort is well laid out, no rooms that were in a poor position
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel was immaculately clean, the staff were extremely helpful, there was "nothing" which was any trouble for them. Everyone made you welcome. The outside pool area which was for adults only was brilliant and the person who looked after the towels and sunbeds - well - I can't say enough about him, He certainly took his job to great heights. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone,.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We visited Hilton Waterfalls as a couple over half term in June.

We were really impressed by the hotel and service received, and would recommend to other couples staying in Sharm. We gave a 4 star instead of 5 star rating due to the comparison of Hilton Dalaman in Turkey to Waterfalls for a few minor reasons.

Hotel room
We had already made a decision to upgrade on arrival, but looked at both rooms anyway, and were pleased with the decision, though it cost us over £100 for the week to upgrade. We ended up with a huge room overlooking the sea and pools. The bed was amazingly comfortable and room clean and very pleasant. The cleaner Yussuf was superb and personable, we left a $5 tip on the first day, and the room was spotless, and the use of my broken glasses and coloured spare beach towel to decorate the remarkable animals he made out of towels was creative and impressive!
The room was very quiet and balcony large, we were not disturbed at any point by any noise at all. Definitely a 5* room.

Pools and beach
There are a large number of pools, all seemed clean and quiet, except the chillax pool, which was relatively busy, but we could get sun loungers if we had wanted to. The lower pools were fairly quiet, and it never seemed busy despite being half term, which we enjoyed. There were not very many children at the resort so sitting by any pool was fine. One pool was shut for a few days on arrival, but reopened later on.
We loved the health club pool the most and spent 3 days there, as it seemed fairly under used, and service was brilliant there with regular water spraying, ice, and drinks delivered to us. A mild smell of sewage blew over occasionally (we think from a treatment plant behind the hotel), but considering only about 6 people were around the pool, it was great. The whole place always seemed quite quiet which we loved.
We spent a lot of time also along the pontoon in the coral reef. The beaches were small, and if you want to dip in and out of the sea, this is not possible due to the damage it would cause the reef. However, it was never busy and we were impressed by the stunning reef and snorkelling. We also thought that the protection of the reef by the hotel was very good, with warning signs about feeding the fish and a guy with a whistle to prevent people from touching or walking on the coral- very responsibly managed.

The range of food served in the cascade restaurant was good (we avoided the salad in general, but neither of us suffered from anything we ate in the hotel), however we would comment that the food selection was not nearly as wide as the Hilton in Dalaman.
The Lebanese was our favourite location due to overlooking the beach, and service there was outstanding. Food was quite good- what you would except for all inclusive.
The Italian was good for the food, though not outstanding if you are comparing to an outstanding restaurant in the UK, but once again, we got the all inclusive menu. We did think the location of the Italian was a little strange, being directly above the cascade all inclusive restaurant, giving it a slightly canteeny atmosphere.
The Bedouin restaurant was also really good. Novelty value, excellent service and nice to have a selection and a change, although the sudden onset of euro club music from the entertainment team made the atmosphere a little odd.

Bars and entertainment
There was a good selection of bars. We like to sit outside in the evening and the Bedouin bar was ideal for us. Inside you can sit in the main bar or the Latino bar.
We were bitten by mosquitoes loads outside though, despite wearing an armour of jungle formula, so be aware. All inclusive cocktails were lovely, wine was slightly less so.

We saw some of the entertainment and dancing- some of which was pretty good. We did think that for a 5* some of it was a little classless. Especially with the entertainment team trying to get everyone to dance afterward to euro pop- with a lukewarm response and much running away from similar British guests. We personally found this highly amusing, but thought some opera or something along these lines for older guests would have been a bit different and would have offered more variety.... but it’s all inclusive- guess it depends on your taste.

Day trips
We did two trips, the one to Tiran island and the one to Cairo by flight. We were offered a 'discount' by our rep for booking both. But discovered on the boat trip that we were actually on a different, cheaper trip, not including lunch. This caused a fair amount of stress on the day of the boat trip when the Tiran island trip guy arrived and we weren’t on his list. Then further stress when we were charged for lunch. It was only £9 for both of us, but we felt we had been miss-sold the product, and whilst we would recommend the boat trip- the reef was amazing, we were annoyed about the selling technique used- we did then follow this up with the rep.
The Cairo pyramid trip was superbly organised and despite it being a very long day, we were really impressed by the tour guide and the smooth running of it- well worth going on.

Overall
We would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Sharm. Outstanding service, super rooms, plenty of pools and places to go for variety, lots of good places to eat, and the reef is just remarkable and responsibly monitored.
Possible improvements which would make it 5*
Dinner dress needs enforcing in the evening as it detracts from the quality of the venue having people eating in restaurants in shorts and vests.
Food- could have more variety in main restaurant.
‘Dinner box’ following Cairo trip was appalling- was basically breakfast box without croissant.
Minor comment- From the top of the resort, some of the room blocks mildly resembled multi story car parks- aesthetically could be improved.

Room Tip: Go for upgrade if you want a brilliant room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have just returned from a seven night all inclusive stay at this hotel, and although it is beautiful to look at on the surface, it does not live up to what you would expect from the Hilton brand.
The good points about the Hotel are its location right next to the Red Sea, the beautiful landscape and layout, several nice pools, comfortable sunbeds, great snorkelling, nice big rooms cleaned daily.
On the downside its very hard to relax around the pool because of the constant badgering from staff selling boat trips, treatments, massage, speed boat, diving, restaurant upgrades they never give up and just go around the pools constantly every day! It very much feels like a time share resort with the constant hassle.
My wife and I eventually gave in to the promise of a relaxing body scrub and massage at the health spa at a cost of 1200 Egyptian pounds. The word spa gives you the impression of a calm retreat i can assure you that in our experience it certainly was not.
Before our treatment we used the gym facilities which are small but good and then we were shown to our respective changing rooms and told to use the shower, sauna and steam room in preparation for our treatments.I was given a towel and the guy found a pair of Hilton flip flops that were thrown on the floor outside the sauna and gave them to me ....nice.
The condition of the changing rooms is poor for the Hilton brand.The locker did not lock, the towel hooks outside the showers were broken, the soap dispensers in both showers were empty with one hanging off the wall and the toilet door had a bolt broken but it had been fixed by someone putting a brass screw in to operate it, my wife said the toilet doors in the ladies changing rooms were like this as well. What amazes me is that they have gone to the effort botching the repair rather than fitting a new bolt, come on this is supposed to be Hilton not a 2 Star in Blackpool.
While sat in the sauna it was nice for me to see both male and female staff coming in to wash there hands in the male changing room sink including one member off staff who came in and washed his mouth out and spat in the sink ..lovely... are we feeling relaxed yet.
Anyway I lived in hope that things would get better unfortunately they did not, my wife had an incredibly rude lady carrying out her treatment who would not give her time to use the steam room or sauna who proceeded to invade my wife's space and told her to come on and hurry up. We then joined each other in the treatment room for the coffee scrub , we were then directed to the shower in the room to wash of the coffee and they left us to clean off, although once again there was no soap in the dispenser.The rude lady returned as we were drying off and she stood about 18 inches from my wife's face prompting her to put on the robe my wife explained that she was just drying to which the lady thrust the robe forward and said no you put on robe.
This was the breaking point we asked the lady to leave us alone and went and got dressed there was no way we would carry on with it.
I explained to the desk manager that we would not be carrying on the treatment and we made our excuses and left with my wife shaken and in tears ruining our day.
The next day we were offered any treatment we wanted for free but nothing would make us want any treatments the whole experience was very disappointing.
Other points to note are there is only one person serving tea/coffee at breakfast and many times we had finished our food before we were even served, crazy for such a busy hotel.
Also there was a broken window in the pool lounge area for two days next to where all the small children play there could easily have been a very serious accident or even worse if someone fell on to it. I was seen by a member of staff taking a photo of it and miraculously it was fixed the next day which was a relief but this should have dealt with immediately or at least the area cordoned off, as I said earlier we are talking Hilton here not a cheap B&B.
Also during a meal at Zahle restaurant i was given a feedback form which I duly filled in while waiting for dessert ,then amazingly I was challenged by a member of staff to explain my negative scores while I was still eating! which was very unprofessional and made me feel uncomfortable to say the least.
Summing up it is a lovely hotel and location and I'm sure most people will enjoy most of the things about it, I just found it very unlike what I would expect from the Hilton brand.
I feel the manager needs to wake up and smell the coffee and take a wander around the hotel to iron out some of the issues i mentioned, maybe a regional manager needs to make a visit to shake up the complacent attitude.
I must add that after complaining about the issue with the spa at checkout, we told the duty manager that we would not be paying for the room upgrade he went away for 10 minutes and returned and said the charge had been cancelled.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SharmWaterfalls, ZEN ZONE SPA Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear "semtexgym",

Thank you very much for sharing your perception on tripadvisor.com.
The Hilton team as well as the ZEN ZONE SPA team are extremely regretful that all of us were not able to make your stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort, but especially at the ZEN ZONE SPA, a huge success as we have done with so many other guests.

As a SPA manager I must say that the behaviour of one of our treatment personnel was unacceptable and I have taken disciplinary action against her. I wish I would have known about this earlier and in detail and on the spot as I could have reprimanded her immediately. For the other points that you have mentioned in your review, I have taken immediate action to rectify all described points.

I have participated in a lengthy meeting this morning where all critique points were discussed by the Hilton management and we want to ensure you that we deal with this in a very serious manner.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views with us. Should your travel agenda allow, we would be very happy to welcome you again to the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort to witness the difference.

Very kind regards,
Mohamed Shousha

Been to Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort? Share your experiences!