“Ok but not 4*” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Derby, United Kingdom
“Ok but not 4*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here last october(2011) on an all inclusive holiday which o/h booked.
There were some lovely staff here back then particularily in the main restaurant and also by the cliffside (snorkelling areas)
I have no complaints about the room, it was very clean, the fridge was restocked everyday and beds sometimes had a swan on made using the towel.
As has been said before though, everything else was an extra - the different restaurants within the complex ie Mexican asia house, the day trips, snorkelling etc. the main restaurant. Food was pretty average to poor imho except in the other restaurants

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

me and my wife stayed there from the 9 912 to 20 9 12 room was ok food was terible same food day in day out went nam bay for food we were told thoas cook main reps came because off all the complaints anyway on the morning we were going my wifes phone and chrger was stolen from our room reported it to reseption and they did nothing my wife went and had a word with the cleaner and offerd him 100 pounds for the return of her phone he agreed then ghaged his mind then my wife was accused off slapping the cleaner then they looked in all our cases no phone r charger was found then she came face to face with the cleaner who said she had slapped him when asked by my wife he said no you did not slap me told they found phone sent 8 emails no reply never go back again

Room Tip: sidesiderooms on arquietere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Arrival was not great, arrived around 6pm in a coach with only 6 other couples and our rooms were not ready. After messing around copying passports and hanging around in the lounge area for 45 mins my wife asked about sorting out some drinks. As we did not have all inclusive bands yet this was not possible so they spent 15 mins sorting out bands so we could all have one.
Once in the room it was only single beds and the curtains were hanging off the wall and would not close fully. Next morning we complained that we had booked a double room and as it was on the ground floor it was full of large dead ants my wife had killed when we first arrived.(she's not scared of spiders either)
They agreed we had booked a double room so moved us to a great 2nd floor double with views of the small pool (and no ants). From this point on we were happy (apart from Air/con breaking down twice but soon fixed) with staff members, the resort and location. A small reef off the resort coast was good for snorkeling and we could get some sun either at the many swimming pools or the terraced areas on the cliff face leading down to a very, very small strip of beach which was only in sun for a few hours per day. Food was healthy but average but I will eat anything so not a fussy eater like some reviews on here about food. The trips offered seemed good value (Stars & Camel ride) and we had a trip into Sharm for a £25 steak & a drink in the Ice Bar (£15) which was good. Only one thing apart from the arrival and room change spoiled the overall trip which was the beauty spa. My wife was talked into having a few treatments. I had some dead skin taken off my feet as well but left her to finish off her other treatments which ended up costing £150. She said at home this would cost half the price so felt ripped off. Another couple had the same problem and one lady who had a leg massage hobbled around for 3 days in great pain so it was not a one off in the week we were there. To be fair the Holiday rep did worn us at the welcome meeting he had many complaints about them so recommended not to use them. Word of warning if you do feel tempted slap yourself hard and walk away (or at least get a price) they will tempt you with extras which as you're in Egypt you think will be cheap. They won't be. My foot was bleeding for two days after the amount of dead skin they used a razor to remove. This review might put some people off but if you get a good room and know the all inclusive food is only average (and stay away from so called beauty treatments) you will have a wonderful time as you can pay extra and eat in the better restaurants and learn from our mistakes. Ps take a photo copy of all passports to speed up your arrival experience as they must have the slowest scanner in the world when booking in.

Room Tip: Some blocks seem to have been refurbished the 2nd floor of block 54 near one of the smaller pools wa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

<!-- .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Tahoma } -->

Booked separate hotel and flights but got free transfers.

Two adults = husband and I stayed here.

We stayed for 14 days.

We flew from Bournemouth on the Thursday at 1330hrs and arrived at Sharm at 1930hrs.

Sharm airport was fine - we didn’t need a visa as we didn’t intend on leaving Sharm - Because Sharm as well as some other tourist resorts such as Taba and Dahab are on the Sinai Peninsula, a Visa is required in order to:

a) Travel out of Sinai - to Cairo, Luxor, and The Ras Mohammed trip by boat, quad (taking in the blue lagoon & BBQ lunch), car or bus.
b) To leave the immediate beach area and go further out to sea. The latter means that if you want to go to some dive sites - you will need a visa.

We met our free transfer rep and we were quickly processed on to the waiting mini coach.

Our transfers where with ‘You Travel’ and with this we also got a rep in resort! He was a nice chap and also was selling some trips out to places like Cairo or Petra (have a PDF if you’d like a copy email me gives an idea of cost for trips).

Arrived at hotel about 9pm, we had a quick check-in which was very efficient and then escorted with our luggage to our room.

The main reception area was cleaned and well staffed, and this is where the main bar is for the evening, you can sit in this area and there is a pianist that plays most nights, or you can sit in the Oasis just outside which is a garden with seats, we preferred this as it was outside, this area looks like it used to have entertainment but doesn’t look used now, however they did play music so was a nice place to site after dinner. If you want a latte or cappuccino this is extra and wine stops being part of all inclusive after 10pm.

On Check out we tried to keep our room on for £20 but we couldn’t due to availability, we did get told we could use a shower room, which would be a room that we could use with clean towels, however when we tried to get this a new receptionist denied all knowledge of this and told us to use the spa shower.... not to be out off I pushed and got a shower room for our personal use and clean towels......

We had been allocated room 2203 this was a ground floor room, we quickly showered and didn’t unpack and went for a meal.

On further inspection of the room, it was not in the best of repair, the sink had a huge crack in it and there was serious mould on the wall where the shower leaks, the walls where filthy. The following morning we went to reception to ask if we could move to a 1st floor room and pointed out the issues. We were told to come back at 2pm. The reception where able to allocate us a new room when we went back to them. We then had room 2206 on the first floors same block!

Though we had been told we would have a fridge of soft drinks apparently our package didn’t cover this, this was no bother as you can refill your plastic water bottles with the big water coolers (mineral) that are located at the various bars.

We also by chance had a kettle and some tea and coffees left from previous guests... so we were able to have a nice cuppa in the afternoon on the balcony!

The rooms that we stayed in where twin bedded, the aircon was good! However the room that we stayed in are dated and need some TLC spent on them, just cosmetic things really ie peeling veneer on the wardrobes, the blackout blinds hanging off the hangers - took me two minutes to put them back up..The plug sockets where coming away from the wall and where grubby, the tile grout needs cleaning, around the tiles in the bathroom there are dubious splash marks.....behind the WC and Bidet didn’t look like that had ever been cleaned.... the cleaning standards need to be raised. Also the outside of the apartments ie the communal stairs and landings didn’t always get a clean so you where dodging big bird pooh! I know this sounds picky but this is trip advisor and I’m giving you MY opinion and pointing out some of the nice and some of the bad things...

Rooms had TV with some good channels on there where spacious and light; there was also a mini fridge. In the bathroom there is a proper hairdryer and there are some complimentary shower gels and shampoos etc.

We had a sea view and the view was lovely, the grounds are well kept in most areas, ie the grass watered, trimmed etc, but then in some areas there was rubbish dumped and not cleared for the whole 2 weeks we stayed - it was random the level of standards across the hotel.

We did have clean sheets every couple of days and clean towels every day, and the room was cleaned daily.

As mentioned there are some lovely gardens that the apartment blocks are located in (I have a pdf of hotel layout if you’d like a copy) the Dreams beach and Dreams Vacation are adjacent and there is no actual marking to show when one area finishes and the other begins - we were able to walk all the way up to vacations hotel.

There is a huge pool that has a flume this is located on the same level as the hotel (hotel on side of a cliff) and has a cluster of pools side by side. There is a swim up pool bar as well as a proper bar on land! There is a kiddies pool here and a deep pool, lots of sun beds we never had a problem getting a sunbed!

There are plenty of fixed sun shades and areas where you can get the full sun on you.

At this pool there is an eating place during the day it’s a snack bar serving pizzas, chips etc... and in the evening it’s an Italian restaurant! This is part of the All inclusive but you have to book and you are limited to once a week you can eat here.

Pool staff very friendly and nice and they also bring round in the pm lovely cold menthol flannels - nice touch I thought.

The pool area is kept clean and we spent a few days at this pool – but there is random music can be Cliff Richard or some kind of house music!

There is also another pool that is located down the hill, this is just a nice pool not to deep with a little slide, again didn’t get any trouble getting a sunbed or a fixed sunshade.

We didn’t use the pools in vacations, but these looked nice areas and had bars etc.

By the pool past the Love Boat there is the grill house, again part of the All inclusive and serves lunch but changes to a restaurant in the evening that you can book once a week. We only ate here in the lunchtimes - basic food, not always cooked nicely - very hit and miss, the good thing was the fresh pitta bread! It’s not very clean and I wasn’t happy eating here so we used to walk up to the other snack bar or go to the main restaurant.

You do get hassled for beauty treatments, spa treatments, Asia Restaurant (not part of All Inc) Mexican (not part of All Inc) Boat trips....but if you’re not interested they soon leave you alone - you can also get some signs from where you get your towels from to put up to stop being hassled.

There are toilets located throughout the resort, but again very badly cleaned, vomit on the stairs going down to the WC up near the main pool, the loo brushes don’t even want to talk about those! They kept running out of loo roll and just need a very through clean.

Note to Management at Dreams you need to clean these communal areas, whilst we where there they had a maintenance crew painting thee urns that they use for rubbish and the lights, would have spent the time on cleaning if it was my hotel!

The beach is is like little ledges that have sunbeds and sun shades on, there are nice areas, but again not maintained in a clean state.

There are 3 pontoon type walkways that take you out over the coral reef, these are excellent and even if you don’t want to snorkel go down and stand especially when the tide is in as it is amazing the fish come right up to you..WOW! The snorkelling not for the faint hearted as after the reef it is a sheer abyss..... I couldn’t see the bottom, but boy oh boy what an awesome sight those fish and soooo many... worth doing..

The main restaurant, was used for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late snacks.

The breakfast plenty of choice from continental to European meat and cheese, there was cereals, fresh fruit, breads, cakes, fresh cooked omelettes or fried or boiled eggs, toast machine, coffee and tea and prepared fruit juices, if you want fresh squeezed juice it is an extra cost. Oh forgot to mention thee crepes yummy!

Lunch again plenty to choose from and we never seemed to have the same, all constantly checked by staff.

Dinner - lots again to choose from, and we never went hungry!

We also like the fry station and everynight there was a pasta choice cooked in front of you or a grill fish, chicken or meat dish.

Every evening the Main chef ate in this restaurant the same food that had been served!

The staff here also run in and out to the Oasis garden area with your drinks.

We tipped and a little tip goes a long way! A dollar a time and we had very good service!
Staff where brilliant and we particularly liked Amro and George, most welcoming and made us feel very at home, credit to Dreams. The tables where cleared and it was kept clean.

We also used the Bedouin tent for a drink in the early evening, but if you wanted to eat there it was £15 pp for an Egyptian night.

There was also the Love Boat - never saw this being used.

We never went off resort as this was a sun and swim break... so can’t comment on Sharm or Naama Bay.

We did visit the clinic as I did get poorly, and not from not washing my hands and being careful.... don’t know what brought my poorliness on but as I said I did need to visit the clinic - again Dreams, you could make so much more of this, we went in to a room that looked like two teenage boys lived there, it didn’t comfort me as it didn’t seem clean, the DR wanted to put me on a drip (I refused wasn’t that ill!!!) and just gave me some pills - when I looked them up there are for vomiting - which I didn’t have!

We didn’t go in the shops either as didn’t need to buy anything!

News paper boy walks round and sells English newspapers (next days)

There is a dive centre and they use the pool by the beach, but not a problem.

We did call maintenance over when our fuse blew and they came straight out.

In previous reviews some of the reviewers mention other nations staying here, yes they do! I would say on our stay that about 60% was Eastern European or Russian, the rest British and other ie French, Germany and some Spanish, we never encountered any rudeness from anyone, no problems with queuing, and we made some acquaintances with some Russians who just wanted to practice their English with us! The noisiest guests by far where the Brits round the Swim up bar but hey you’re on holiday, your entitled have some fun and it wasn’t rowdy bad just good natured... So don’t be put off by the reviews.

TIPS

Ask for a 1st floor - better view and you can leave window open.
Tip Tip and Tip a £1 or a Dollar keeps them sweet and gets great service!
Don’t except Dreams first offer of anything, be polite but don’t give up!
Take a water bottle with you - as you can fill this up as much as you like.
If you’re down at the small pool near the beach take your own loo roll as the loos constantly ran out!
Have a sundowner in the Bedouin Tent
Sit in the Oasis gardens for your pre and post dinner drink.
Wine stops being served after 10pm....
Bring your own antibac wipes and wipe everything down.
Bring anti histamine tablets - we sprayed and had mosi plug ins, husband got eaten to death!
If you’re buying Perfume or tobacco buy it on the plane it’s so much cheaper, 500g Golden Virgina £46 on plane at Sharm airport $86 !! Vodka $21 in Sharm airport on plane on £12....
Also some of our travel plugs didn’t fit the plug sockets - very random!

Room Tip: TIPS Ask for a 1st floor - better view and you can leave window open. Tip Tip and Tip a £1 or a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My 13yr old daughter & I have just returned & I have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable & relaxing. All staff were helpful & friendly, I'm going to moan ever so slightly about was the food.....it wasn't bad I just could've done with a bit more food catered for the English...They're was so many Russians,Germans & Polish & the evening entertainment was not professionals. The men in general, off resort made me feel uncomfortable but the Rep looked after us & we had a cracking couple of nights in Naama bay...love it! Was well looked after & wouldn't hesitste to go back some time in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Having had time to gather my thoughts here is my review of our first hotel in Sharm.Overall the room we had was more than good enough for the amount of time we spend in them.If one thing let it down it was the bathroom which could have done with some attention,but not enough for us to complain about.The room was cleaned etc.during the day but fridge was not restocked till early evening when we got in.Obviously the maid is looking for a tip but it is a matter for the individual.Personally i dont have a problem.We always go armed with plenty of one dollar bills no matter where we go and dont mind tipping,no matter what some people say they do look after you when tipped and this applies everywhere.In this case we ended up with more water,coffee etc than we could handle. As regards the pool and beach areas it depends what you want.The main pool was not for us as it was to busy so spent all our time on the beach area.It should be noted that the beach is man made built onto and into the cliffs/rocks and as such does not go into sea.Did have my doubts about this before we went but actually it works very well.This is the place to go to relax,lovely views out to the red sea both from sunbed and the beach bar.There is also a pool just off the beach and this was very much to our liking,peacefull and not very busy.Did not seem to be any trouble getting a sunbed but here again we tipped the beach guy and our spot was reserved everyday.So far so good but now to the food.This is what lets this place down for me.From a personal viewpoint there is not enough choice in the main buffet aimed at brits.Compared to the other hotels we have been to in Egypt it was definitely lacking in this respect.Having said that we got by and also went to the Asian restaurant three times for chinese/indian but you have to pay extra.There are also two other restaurants you can use as part of all inclusive but we did not bother,Could not fault the staff in anyway and as regards the bar staff at the beach bar and in the Vacation side at night we were seriously looked after,all be it with the odd tip.Did not venture into Naama Bay but did walk to shopping center up the road.To get there from main entrance cross over main roads and turn left,timed it at 20 mins.Here you will find shops/bars/Macs/KFC etc and no hassle.So overall we had a good time but have certainly been to better,but for the money we paid it was ok and probably worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WALES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just arrived back from 2 weeks had a great holiday, weather very hot. My partner did his PADI with the dive Centre there and they were all brilliant, we ate at the Asia house and the Mexican both recommended so much so some of the couples we met went twice! My partner is allergic to nuts so after letting them know everytime we entered the resteraunt he was greeted taken over the the chef who went through all the food that he could eat and what he couldn't they were excellent, the rooms were cleaned daily whatever time we left the room. Taxi's are available from the entrance of the hotel and are 30 Egyptian pounds to Na'ama Bay or into Old Sharm, thoroughly enjoyed out holiday and met some brilliant people there!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Beach Resort? Share your experiences!