“Ok...But probably won't return” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Beach Resort Tiran

You added Coral Beach Resort Tiran to your Saves list
Coral Beach Resort Tiran
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Shark's Bay, 203, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (Formerly Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran)   |
Ranked #128 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Ok...But probably won't return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We arrived on the 28th April for 10 days.....

On arrival we paid £60 to upgrade to a sea-view room, which I have to say was amazing, although, most of the rooms seem to have a view of the sea, and as the hotel was very quiet I would assume that we would of been given the best room available for the price we had already paid.
We were told this was 'the best' room....the view was, as I said fabulous and made the hotel, the room was very ' tired' which was ok for what we paid but not kept especially clean (mirrors & floors not cleaned). Although we were supplied with a bottle of water everyday, which we were surprised about.
Also coffee tables in reception area were never clean, although there was free Wifi in reception.

We asked for a kettle for the room & was initially told 20 L.E on the phone, but was charged 70 L.E, this also packed up after a few days & had to be replaced.

Teabags seemed to disappear after a few days & we had to keep asking, to have one produced from a locked cupboard or a little hidey hole.
A couple of times we returned to our room & found there was no water, although a hole was dug outside so this could of been a one off.
The food was very same'y & we ate out a couple of times but that said no tummy troubles.

We were looked after very well in the restaurant by Mansour & Moustafa, who couldn't do enough, fetching us drinks & anything else we needed. Thank you guys...

Lot's of hassle around the pool selling massage & Spa services, which is quite normal I think, my Fiancé wasn't very impressed with his 'wet shave'!

We had a nice holiday, but a little more attention to detail could've made us wish to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a long walk up to the restaurant
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

First please let me express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and the failure of our service standards during your stay at our resort.

We have made note of all the issues you have raised and please be assured that all that issues will be discussed individually with the concerned departments in order to rectify such shortfalls and ensure that similar mistakes will be not be repeated in the future.

Once again, Thank you for your comments, looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Hany Khorshid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

we arrived at this hotel on the 13th april 2014 for 15 nights with family members of 8. eldest being 89 and youngest 12 yrs old . we received 3 rooms to sleep, 3 an 3, a 2 ppls rooms, 214 ,215 and 216 . two rooms were ajoining but unable to access due to fold away beds having to be added to accommodate the third person, the rooms were very basic, and mold was around very small shower cubicle. the first night, rooms 215 had a cockroach in shower cubicle, and 216 was infested with ants, this was reported to reception and dealt with by staff. the following morning, more were found in both rooms, cockroaches being over 3 inches in size and again reported that evening, as on arriving back there was at least 5 cockroaches again,!! very large in size, and staff came to sort it out with can of insect spray !!! after my protests and disgust as one of our family members a girl aged 16, had a 3 inch cockroach on her neck, after staff had raised a drainage lid outside our room to fumigate making over 30 to 40 cockroaches run / fly to various directions, my mother in law in room 213 also had just got out of shower and as she went to get hotel towel this was also found to contain a cockroach . we were given new rooms after having to go to reception an made to feel like we were in the wrong to complain about the cockroaches and ants !!!! and I had to demand that we were accommodated next to each other as we had booked a family holiday which had cost us over £ 5400 English pound !!!! we had also booked on the advice from the write up that there was also 3 dining rooms available but there was only one as reception had said there was no call for other dining areas to be open as not enough English for one, and not enough ppl anyway to open sea food area. the food that was provided in the mermaid restaurant was very repetitive and was heavily catered for the Russians .although the food did appear to improve for the 3 days over easter weekend whilst the Egyptians were holidaying there was also advertised as a swim up pool bar which once again was unavailable as not enough ppl . we also were heavily bit by moscuitos daily as it wasn't bombed apart from when there was about one hundred Egyptians arrived for the easter weekend and then it was bombed !! not before !! and certainly not after they had vacated on the Monday!! . we are avid travellers and have also lived in Australia so are not unaccustomed to critters by no means but this could of been avoided if it was fumigated properly. we have also been visiting india for over 30 years so are really accustomed to hot countrys all of our party had regular diariah throughout this holiday with stomach cramps and vomiting I can only put this down to the cleanliness of the place , as we have also stayed in sharm in Egypt on 3 other occasions at the easter period but in another complex and have never had ailments to the extent that various family members had and had at times been unable to leave there room due to illness... the reception staff who wouldn't give you the time of day and would look down there noses at us when asking them something !!! and when I demanded a room change as infestation of cockroaches they made very little haste or apology for this unacceptable conditions of rooms !!!!! the only good review I could give it is the pool bar an dining staff where amazing an made up for the really negative feed back I am giving this hotel. the bar man moustafa (rocky) was lovely around the pool and also ahmed the towel man and the spa and gym was well kept an maintained, and the buggy was available to transport my mother and father in law around the area of the complex as they had mobility problems and found the walking very difficult. i am very disappointed and heart broken that we had saved all year round for a holiday for our family to enjoy and being the age of my inlaws it may even be there last one I would appreciate some acknowledgment from higher management regarding our ordeal. Also I have attempted to send a video of the cockroach ordeal but have been unable to put on this site. mrs Vernon

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The best thing about the hotel was the view from our room. Every day we woke up to the sea mist clearing from Tiran Island which was truly spectacular. The worst thing about the hotel was the 3 hours I spent cleaning our room upon first arrival and the fact that the room cleaner would wait for us to hassle us for tips! He should have been tipping me as all he ever had to do was change the towels. I never got a second flannel either!

We were hassled a LOT in this hotel, I think that believe in England we all live like the rich people in Downton Abbey. We were offered massages, facials, watersports, diving, trips and photoshoots, at more expensive prices than what we would pay here, in the space of an hour and a half. They want you to pay in English so they get a better exchange on it and when you want to pay in Egyptian, the price rises further. We found a cheap diving centre that we liked and spent most of our time on their boat to get away from it all.

That said, the jetty was amazing and their coral was beautiful with a vast array of fish to see so if you go on holiday for the snorkelling and diving, it is one to consider. There are a lot of steps from the beach to the restaurant but I lost 6lbs so not all that bad!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
We are indeed proud of the quality of service that we offer our valued guests such as yourself. And I am therefore pleased to learn that we have met your expectations in most aspects of our services.

Furthermore, you comment with regard to the functionality of the Cleaning(H.K issue) has been noted. Please rest assured that this has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and action will be taken to avoid similar occurrence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting we will be able to serve you better next time.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

From the outside the hotel looks lovely. On arriving male staff at the front of the hotel sitting on chairs watching us unload our suitcases from transport made us feel very un comfortable( learing). We expected a family room with a sea room. My friend and her 4 year old son and myself and my 15year old daughter. What we were given was a small room with 2 single bed. It smelt of stale cigarettes, the floors were filthy, the fridge had mould growing in it and the tiny shower room was dark dingy with mould and dirt. Staff insisted that we could share beds and it was a good room. Reception was very un helpful so we walked to the next hotel Sultan gardens and booked in there. Food ,staff and resort was fantastic. sultan gatdens could learn alot from this hotel. Especially gate and reception staff who were very rude when I returned in a taxi to collect our belongings. Refused the taxi entrance to the hotel and made to feel like a criminal for wanting to leave the hotel. Would never set foot in this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, September 21, 2014
Dear Mr /Mrs ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.
First and foremost, let me express my sincerest apologies for the failure of our service standards and the series of mishaps that have taken place during your visit to our resort.
What you have encountered is indeed unacceptable and does not represent the type of service that we aim to provide to our valued guests such as yourself.

I regret to hear about the problem that you have encountered with regard to your requesting take away breakfast that had not been provided to you on time and failed to meet your expectation on this aspect. I must agree that this is totally unacceptable and you can be reassured that this is not the indicative of standards to serve that we are known for.
Please rest assured that this matter has been thoroughly discussed with the concerned department and corrective action has been taken to ensure that a similar service shortfall will not be repeated in the future.

Sir,, , we truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our service our services. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort – Tiran, trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed a week at the Coral Beach, part of our 25 th wedding anniversary celebration, paid a little extra for a sea view but well worth it
The room was clean and well made up each day..
Both pools were clean and well maintained. Lots of lovely fish in the sea of the hotel jetty(Although they are natures doing)
The staff were all lovely, could not do enough to make our week memorable. Placing flowers on and around the bed also on our table in the restaurant Are meal times were made extra special by the attentions of a dear waiter called Mohamed Mansour, what a asset he is.
Days around the pool were also made extra special by Moustafa Abdou. an excellent host behind the pool bar. Helped by Abdula, Alaan and many others.

Room Tip: The sea view room we had, was actually on the front so the were quite a number of steps back up the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Upon arrival we were quickly give a room and settled in. The roomwas small but okay. Bad smell sometimes, but that's foreign drains for you. The bed was one of the best ever! The shower cubicle was tiny and no bath!
The room (111) was on level 1 of 6, the levels being one at the sea front up to 6 or 7 right at the top end near the main reception and restaurant. So we had an ace sea view and were next to a pool and pool bar! The sea front is lovely, dozens of beds and umbrellas and a fantastic variety of fish off the floating jetty. We even saw a dolphin one day when we were further around on the quiet sea front area.
We had a good few steps to walk up to the restaurant, but that helps off set the sat around all day doing nothing at all!
The staff are generally really nice and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble.
The restaurant was the big problem with lots of Brits being unhappy with the food. To be honest the quality of the food was really good, it was the lack of choice that upset people. Chicken was the meat of choice all 7 nights (and lunchtime). It was the only downside, but when we looked at what we had paid for the hotel (£110 each for a week) I think we did really well.
The pools were all lovely.
One tip. Take insect repellant as loads of people's legs were badly bitten
Also nothing to do at all outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Level one for sea view, level 6 if you have children or struggle with steps.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I visited the hotel in November 2012 so this review is a little late! However, based on our experience I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

We requested a first floor, sea view room and WOW did they deliver. Our room was right on the sea front. We arrived at night and couldn't see the view because it was pitch black darkness, so when we woke up and looked out we were stunned! Absolutely beautiful!

The room was fine, it just needed a little updating though and the bathroom really does reflect this, but on the whole there was a large comfortable bed, it was clean and came with all the usual ameneties (but the view 100% made up for any shortfalls with the room anyway!)

The hotel is built on a hill and as our room on the sea front, we had to walk up to the hotel every day for food/pool etc. This might prove challenging for anybody disabled or with pushchairs etc. as it is quite steep. The grounds are well kept and attractive.

The food was only OK. There was a good selection of hot dishes and salads - no chips! Which I personally think is a positive but I've read a lot of reviews that think otherwise! The one massive positive is that we didnt get sick (I have a lot of friends who have visited Sharm El Sheikh and not all of them can say the same for their hotels!) The staff are very helpful and very friendly, they greeted us everytime we used the restaurant and always remembered our names.

There are 3 pools. We opted to avoid the main pool as it played loud music every day and ran a lot of activities. Instead we enjoyed the pool bar pool. It was much more relaxing and it was great to just swim up to the bar! There is a private beach too although it is man made. We swam in the sea (which was warmer than the pool!) and loved snorkelling with the tropical fish!

We had a massage treatment during our stay. Personally we found the whole experience to be a nightmare and would not recommend, however other guests we spoke to raved about how fabulous their treatments were so we might have just made the wrong selection!

The bar in the evening was pleasent, with tables and chairs out around the pool. There was also a sheesha lounge in the hotel, this was not included in the all inclusive package but was cheap enough to not matter!

We had a wonderful and relaxing stay at Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran and would definitely return!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you pay the little bit extra for a sea view room - it will be worth every pen...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Beach Resort Tiran? Share your experiences!