“Best Holiday ever!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Beach Resort Tiran

You added Coral Beach Resort Tiran to your Saves list
Coral Beach Resort Tiran
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Shark's Bay, 203, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (Formerly Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran)   |
Ranked #127 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 stars 824 Reviews
“Best Holiday ever!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We where in this Hotel from 13.12.2013 until 21.12.2013, its a pretty hotel directly on the beach! The Rooms are nice and we had a great seaview! All stuff doesnt matter waiters or managers are just great! Special thanks i want to say to animation, they did such a great job, they made our holiday really fantasic!! Every day we enjoyed the daily sport, specially volleyball and the evening program was always interesting and funny! I really recommend this hotel and i will definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear M. Nicolas H,

Thank you for your time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We delighted that you enjoyed your stay on our resort, and the provided services. That is our aim to exceed the expectations to our valued guests such as your self.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran, trusting to make your next visit a memorable one.

Hany Khorshid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stanhope, Bishop Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We, as a couple, have just returned from this hotel having spent Christmas & New Year there. On the whole, the Hotel is very big, spotlessly clean and in a nice area. Grounds and public areas were well kept and always very clean and tidy. Staff there are all welcoming and very polite right down from the Manager of the hotel to the gardeners. Nothing was a bother to them whatever your request. However..................................here we go.......
The "Man made Beach" is beautiful but set on different levels and although plenty of steps and ramps, I found it pretty hard to negotiate so spent our time at the poolside bar area, the same with the grounds, loads of steps and ramps so ask for a room near the main building if you have problems with mobility and stay near the pools. I have found out though (not advertised by hotel staff) that you can in fact, ask for a golf car to aid mobility around the grounds. I only found out when I got home!!! So ask!!!!!!
All inclusive.......food was very repetitious and sometimes cold, often with not a lot of choice. But get into the restaurants early as yet again, those damn Russians have a free for all !!!!!!! They are very rude and will not wait in queues to get food and the drinks well.....what can I say!!! They walk round with half pints of raw spirit (usually Vodka & Brandy ) in the same glass after terrorising the barmen!!!! Please be aware that this Hotel is predominantly Russian and if that's not your scene then you are best staying away from this hotel. The accommodation is excellent. We had a sea view suite and I cannot fault this!!!! The room was very clean, spacious and had two separate rooms i.e. bedroom and living area with bath/shower room. Kettle and tea/coffee making facilities. The view was amazing and thanks to our housekeeper Amr was cleaned daily, for which I would like to mention him as he was a really polite, helpful guy!!! Thank you!.
The night time bar was very small inside and often had trouble finding a seat, mainly because the Russians "book the seats" before they arrive by putting cardigans or kids there and go and eat then come to the bar 2 hours later!!!! Drinks in the all inclusive are not what you would get at home and were in very small, watered down measures and sometimes you did query with the bar staff what exactly was in your glass as the taste just wasn't all that !!!The fish restaurant which is included in the AI was not good. Had to wait outside (no seats) as they were "too busy" although we had booked!. When we got in, found out it was a set menu and we could not pick our food and the set menu was unsatisfactory to say the least, so if you are not fussy then go ahead. The main restaurant was absolutely beautiful! very clean and well set out. Our waiters, Osama, Mattie were fab! Well done and thank you boys! Good job!!!! There is an "English" restaurant upstairs but they were often run off their feet, no staff and a very poor selection, often running out of food and having to wait until the chef brought up fresh food. Dessert selection was poor also, no fresh fruit and lack of others, but they did try to accommodate at all times. Reception staff were very polite and did anything you wanted.
The New Years Eve Gala was a credit to the Hotel, everyone and everything was wonderful, food, drinks, atmosphere and entertainment were a credit to the Hotel Manager and all staff involved! Thank you guys!!!
All in all, fab Hotel, would book again, but please be aware of the only spoilers....the rude Russians!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Be a devil and upgrade to the sea view suite!!!! you will not be disappointed!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hello! We were here for the end of 2013. It was our first time in Egipt, so we had no expectacions. If you don't want luxury, but only sun, sea and relaxing is very nice place. The staff is very polity and kind. Many thanks to Mr. Ahmed Hamed, who take care of us. The trip was very quiet and we felt well. We come back home full of energi and ready for the new year, 2014. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Madam/Gentlemen,

Thank you for your time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services. And we ensure to pass your gratitude to our colleague Ahmed Hassan who presents on of our Rotana Models in order to exceed the expectations for our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future trusting to make your next visit a memorable one.

Hany Khoshid
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Me and my father took my little boy away expecting a 5 star complex with all the promised eateries and expecting good standards. We didn't get this. The rooms are 2 star, dirty, plastic, tatty Perspex showers, lime scale covers the majority. The toilet seats were loose in both rooms.
We went to eat and were greeted with some monstrositys. I'll eat just about any kind of food and so will my dad and son. But we all struggled with this crap. I've never seen the likes of it and hope I never do. If you like McDonald's though (which was the best meal we had) you can order it from reception and pay for it at the gate.
The place is over run with arrogant, ignorant Russians, Ill mannered people with no respect for anyone.
The hotel boasts of a children's park and three pools, one with a swim up bar.... there was only one pool that wasn't freezing cold and the swim up bar was constantly shut anyway. The children's park was swamped in stagnant water and really dated and dangerous. Some, or should I say most of the Egyptian guys who work there were really good guys, friendly, couldn't do enough for you,(namely Ali and Mustafa at the main pool bar) and it's a shame that the food and quality of the up keep of this hotel is so bad. Cause it could be a lovely big complex. But it's far from good.
We ended up drinkin our own spirits in the bar because the drinks were so poor and the entertainment was a droning Egyptian karaoke pub singer. Which resulted in myself one night playing my music through the speakers (a bit of Stevie wonder) to get some life into the place.
I hate complaining and want to enjoy anywhere I go on holiday. Foods very important, nice drinks and cleanliness.... the sun and nice people you meet come free anywhere you go abroad. I didn't pay for that. I paid for 5 star... This is far from it.
Bad experience. Glad to be home!!

• Stayed January 2014
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the rotana for Christmas. First impressions weren't great at check in as we were immediately hounded about buying a Christmas meal. After a 7 hour flight it wasn't great! We upgraded the room to sea view which was worth it however it was a trek to the main building.
The staff are fantastic and are the main asset to this hotel. Mahmoud (towels) was really lovely as was Mahmoud in the restaurant, both really helpe make my partners birthday special. Bahaa (spa) was great for filling us in on cultural matters and we had some great conversations, make sure you book any massages etc with him as he will look after you!
The food was very basic and at times we struggled. You can ask for chips etc but we ate out when needed. The jetty also is an accident waiting to happen and needs some attention
The animation team well what can I say! Saw very little of them which was actually fine by me however other Brits did comment on how they felt excluded from the entertainment
Overall we got this holiday at a bargain price so felt ok with things and the hotel however I'm not sure I'd have been happy paying more which lots of others did. We had a lovely relaxing break which we enjoyed. As I said the staff are the main asset

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Madam/Gentleman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We truly appreciate your feedback as it is only through such that we were able to correct and improve our services. And we ensure to pass your gratitude to our colleagues Mahmoud, Mahmoud & Bahaa whom presenting our Rotana Models in order to exceed the expectations for our valuable guests such as yourself.

We are apologies for any inconvenience happened to you during your stay, and we
are promising to work hard at all the negative issues mentioned and ensure there are corrected next time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran trusting we will be able to serve you better next time.

Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed for 1 week over Christmas 2013
I've never seen so many Russians & most were very ignorant & pushed in everywhere
Hotel was supposed to be 5* but more like 3*
Entertainment was pathetic
Food was average unless you went to the upstairs restaurant
Don't try to show someone round the facilities cos you need an armed guard
Very nice reefs for snorkelling but no beach access to the water you have to go off the pontoon
Hotel insisted on $50 (£30) for xmas gala meal

Room Tip: If your near the amphitheatre don't think about an early night
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mrs. Linda,

Thank you for your review.

Your comments are very important to us and please be sure that we will going to look after each comment you encountered and the necessary actions will be taken.

Once again thank you for your feedback, looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran in the near future, promising to serve you better next time.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hello, everybody!!!

I would like to tell some words about my vacation this year in Rotana hotel.

Well, it's not my first time in Sharm. I had opportunity to come to Egypt 1 year ago, I was in the hotel with 3 stars and I felt better than here.
Rotana is well built, big territory, but stuff is really sucks... I can't tell that about all stuff here, but some of them seem bad persons.

You know, everybody of us has to be good to another people, and it doesn't matter who are you (nationality, color of skin or job...). Just be first of all a person, people will like you for sure!!! So I think it was just one reason why I didn't like being here.

Good luck, wish you the best, guys :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CoralBeachTiran, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort Tiran, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is very much important to us, as it is the only way can helps us to be able to correct and improve our service in order to met the expectations for the valued guests such as yourself.

We promise to work hard at all the negative issues mentioned and ensure there are corrected next time.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Tiran trusting that we will be able to serve you better next time.

Hany Khorshid

Been to Coral Beach Resort Tiran? Share your experiences!