“Fantastic except for the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberotel Club Fanara & Residence

You added Iberotel Club Fanara & Residence to your Saves list
Iberotel Club Fanara & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Fanara Street | Ras Om El Sid, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #65 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 stars 940 Reviews
Bournemouth
“Fantastic except for the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

In most respects this is a wonderful hotel. Beautiful gardens and beach area, beautiful pools, beautiful rooms and the most friendly and happy crew of staff we have ever experienced in Egypt. The only downsides were the rather luke warm food in the main restaurant, good choice but nothing was properly hot. Also the pool bar closed half way through our week, which was a shame as the atmosphere was here rather than in the main hotel bar. Strange decision as the hotel was full and the weather was fantastic.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building as they have been refurbished to a very high standard
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

After spending 9 days at Club Fanara we have nothing but praise for the high quality of hospitality and service at every level .
Breakfasts were amazing, lunch and dinner menus are a bit predictable but well cooked.
All in all a very pleasant holiday, wouldnt hesitate in recommending Club Fanara to anyone.

Thanks

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Antalya, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Typical İberotel... Nice private beach... best snorkling area... friendly scuba diving staff... everyday different concept at the retaurant... service and staff friendly...so close Nama bay.... and many shopping area...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at about 8.30 pm. We were taken to our room, which was about 200 yards from the reception. The reception staff were very friendly. Next morning we found out how far we were away from the main building. We kept fit walking from our room to eat 3 times a day. The food in the restuarnat was horrible. I managed to find something each day, but my other half could not find anything he liked exept the pasta, which was not too good.
We used the quite pool all the time as the beach looked beautiful, but unless you got up at silly oclock, there was no way you could get a bed, which were rammed ingether like sanrdines. We went to the beach once, and only stayed 10 mins as it was too crowded. We had a very relaxing holiday. I recommend a trip to soho square as you do not get hasseled to buy anything like you do in Sharm. And there are lots of nice places to eat.

Room Tip: We had a family room, which was very nice but was a long way from the main hotel. Try to get a room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have just recently returned from 9 nights, and just had to right a review, as I had a lovely time here.

Where to start......I think it's only fair to say that should you want to surround yourself with fellow British people this is not the hotel for you, yes there are British people here, but you will be in the minority, this was not a problem for me, but I understand it will be for some people.

I was a solo traveller, and my apartment/room was overlooking the main road, a bit noisy, but nice to watch the world go by, and was more then adequate for my needs.

The hotel itself is well maintained, with nice gardens, loads of security staff dotted around at all times, who were friendly. The view of the beach is stunning, and you will never grow tired of sitting on the cliff top overlooking the sea, however to get to the beach takes a fair walk or a few steps so be aware, but it's well worth it.

Now this hotel is not for those whom don't like exercise, at one end you have a stunning beach, and at the other end there is an Italian restaurant, now I suspect to walk from the beach to the Italian restaurant must be approaching a mile, and you have apartments dotted all along this stretch, with the main building nearer the beach, I suspect this is where the higher priced apartments are, and it seems these are undergoing refurbishment at the present time.

You have pools at both ends of the complex, with the main ones being at the beach end, where the animation team are based, along with the massage staff, who will try to get you to have whatever treatment you require, yes they are persistent, but the same applies at any hotel in Egypt, just humour them, and they will be fine. I did have my first every massage, which was very good I have to say, but after this lithe massage levellers left me alone. There also seems to be photographers everywhere as we'll, but as I was a solo traveller they left me alone. The relax pool at the other end is very quiet, never busy, and you will not receive any unwanted attention. Obtaining Sun beds at either pool was never a problem, and the pool/towels guys were first class, I must mention Matwally and Kareem at this point as they were brilliant with me, along with all the others on duty.

The beach is lovely, and the snorkelling amazing. The food in El Madina the main restaurant was always good, and there is an outside type BBQ two nights a week, which was also very good.

The best about the hotel were the staff, who were absolutely brilliant, despite the hours they must all work, and are a real credit to the hotel, hopefully you enjoy my review, despite the length of it, but some things deserve to be praised.

This was my first visit to this hotel, and my second visit to Sharm El Sheikh, would I stay here again, you bet I would.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to the beach, and pools with the animation team your have to choose the more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our first visit to egypt we were not quite sure what to expect ! On our arrival at the hotel we were greeted with the biggest WELCOME one could expect although it was 2 am --our flight was delayed 2hrs.--it got better from the breakfast on our our 1st day the staff were fantastic the food was excellent lots of choice the main restaurant --the poolside bar and eatery --the fabulous Italian restaurant you could eat all day If you wanted . The staff in this hotel were all genuinely friendly and many times went out of their way to help us enjoy our holiday .Weather was fantastic private beach beautiful sea --amazing coral only 50 yds off shore--overall a lovely hotel 5star quality at i would say 4 star prices --we enjoyed our holiday and we shall genuinely return next year . Well worth a visit .

Room Tip: our room 1326 facing morning sunshine-away from the lively pool area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travelled in late october with my husband and three children aged 3, 5 and 9yrs. I had never visited Egypt before or had an all inclusive holiday and the holiday had been quite cheap so I wasn't expecting much, however we all had a brilliant time. The accommodation was spacious with comfortable beds for everyone and a separate room. The service was very good and child friendly. There were two pools the one near our room was mostly deserted. The food was what you would expect from a buffet, but BBQ by the pool was good. The beach and sea is perfect for children and felt very safe. Both the 5 and 9yr old were able to snorkel and see some amazing fish. On a practical note- the hotel provides beach and swimming towels so I didn't need to take any and you will need long trousers for one of the restaurants. I would certainly recommend these hotel for families.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Iberotel Club Fanara & Residence? Share your experiences!