“Our Holiday August 2013” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Pasha Coast, PO box 59,, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #145 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Our Holiday August 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel main building from 17th-31st August. We had a fantastic holiday in a very friendly and professionaly run hotel. Every member of staff we came in contact with were friendly, curtious, polite and happy to assist in every aspect of our stay, however there were a few things we were very surprised and disapointed with:

Firstly, on arrival we were given a piece of paper with the “new concept”, this highlighted the bars that were not available for all inclusive drinks, this included the main Lobby bar and beach bar, (drinks were charged for after 20.00). We could go to the outside, downstairs lobby bar to get a drink, this did not include cocktails! We would get a drink then return to the main Lobby which we prefered as this was a quieter area to sit and listen to the music.

Secondly, services such as the curtesy bus stopped running on the 3rd day of our holiday. This was due to “maintenance” the first reason given, then “the situation in Egypt” and then the more likely reason, “to save money “as the Hotel, was experiencing a lack of guests. We did go into Nahma Bay by taxi which cost 100 E.P. If it was unsafe to do this then we should have been informed. No concerns were raised when we booked our trips. St Catherines Monestry was closed due to the Monks saying prayer to Egypt, we respected this .Speaking to guests from other hotels (when on trips) they were also experiencing the lack of guests, however their “all inclusive option” meant all inclusive and No facilities were denied them.

A week into our holiday and the quieter pools were roped off and closed for “maintenance”,although the diving pool remained open.
The beach bar and toilets were closed, which again was a disapointment as we prefered to be away from the activities music and from 2 other outlets playing loud music.

The Indian resurant closed a few days into our holiday. I can understand an additional charge for this as more individual attention was given to the menu and indivisual customer service but in all inclusive carribean resorts all resturant’s serving special menues were all inclusive.

Thirdly Guests form the Resort area came to eat here as numbers declined in the second week and their restrant closed. This wouldn’t have been an issue if they had repected your staff who were a credit to the Sheraton. There were several incidences of rudeness and intimidation that was inflicted on your staff by a small number of visiting guests.

Midway through the first week we opted to use our daily 1 hour voucher for the sauna, steam room and Jucuzzie. We were told that this was closed to due to “maintenance”, however on my visit to the Spa, paying guests were using these facilities.
I do appriciate that the current situation has had an enormous effect on the tourist industry but the all inclusive option should mean just that and the services that were in your description when we booked and paid for our holiday should have been made available to us.

In conclusion we feel a bit cheated and believe a large and repsected global hotel chain such as the Sheraton should honour its obligations to ‘all inclusive guests’ and be able to compensate in times such as this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonsharm12, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear petencarol59
Thank you for the feedback you have shared on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas and Spa
We are pleased to note that you had a fantastic holiday and were satisfied with the service provided by our staff during your stay
Through your comments we can improve our day to day operation and detect the areas that need further upgrade and training, as our primary goal is to ensure that our guests are always content with the services they receive at our property
We understand your disappointment about the mentioned points. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
We hope to see you again in the future in our property or any Starwood hotels worldwide.
Do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance with another stay.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first experience of this Hotel which was recommended by a friend of mine who is a regular vacationer at this property, I was lucky to choose this Hotel, staff are very friendly, service is excellent and a wide variety of food offerings. Don't hesitate for a second if you are planning for your next vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sheratonsharm12, Guest Relations at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Stevenwatts,
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm.
We were delighted to note that we have made a good impression on your stay at our Hotel and glad to know that you were happy with the service, staff friendliness and food variety.
We look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.
Kind regards,
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

All what I hoped to find, I found here. I'm a doctor and I was seeking few days of relaxation and leisure. Everything here was more than what I hoped for. The staff was not only helpful and kind but so professional. My room which was so spacious with a spacious balcony with sea & pool view, offering a very romantic and relaxing atmosphere. The beach area was tempting and calling for those who seek peace and relaxation. For those who loke swimming, there is a certain bridge crossing the water t the end of which you can swim safely guarded by a safeguard. All people were friendly and cheerful. The restaurants offered very delicious food. I think this would be my place if I ever decide to visit Sharm again. By the way my room was in the main building and not in the resort, and this I recommend strongly. Finally, I wish to thank all the staff who saved neither effort nor time to make my stay agreable and comfortable especially MR. Amin Ibrahim at the front desk.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sheratonsharm2, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Sherif S,
Delighted to read your positive review on your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm. It is very rewarding to hear from happy clients and a great motivation to go even further in our endeavors to exceed their expectations.
Your will pass your comments to our associates who went extra miles to satisfy you we are glad to pass your comments to Mr. Amin Ibrahim for his efforts.
We thank you for choosing Sheraton Sharm while recently visiting Sharm El Sheikh. And look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you again soon.

The Management
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

we visited the sheraton in march 2012 for a week as it was not the holiday season there was very few guests the hotel had great staff who did whatever you wanted the locaition on the other hand was a bit dodgy the beach was terrible you had to walk down a wobby sandy pier to get to swimmable waters the food also was not very good i think it is because it is not a european hotel which is why i had a staple diet of bread the hotel itself i found confusing on the day we went home i still hadn't got the layout of the hotel nevertheless the entertainment was great

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I loved the hotel and the rooms were lovely. However, I didn't like the beach which is not sandy at all. You have to go to the peer to be able to go in the water and this was bothering me slightly. The hotel is awesome and the location is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheratonsharm2, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear papachoum,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your good comments about our rooms and are glad you liked the spectacular sea and pool views rooms.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t like our coral beach whish has a great marine life. Although we have a very small sandy bays on the beach.

Do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistant with another stay.

The Mangement
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We returned from Sheraton Sharm on 15th of August (stayed for 11 nights). This was our second visit to Sheraton Sharm. We stayed at the Main Building, and my comments are related to this part of the hotel only, since the Resort area with its own restaurant has 4 stars as graded by our tour operator, and I do not know any details about it.
First of all, I should say we had a lllovely holiday (again!) thanks to the impeccable Sheraton staff. Some people at Sheraton were more friendly and eager to help, some of them were less helpful, but we never encountered any impolite, unprofessional or offhanded attitude at this hotel. I do not know how they train their staff but they have, no doubt, succeeded in it! This was my fifteenth visit to Egypt, and each time at every hotel (and I have never stayed at anything that is not five stars in Egypt) there were some guys who showed obvious disrespect to guests and I could not understand why they had not been fired on the spot. This hotel IS different! Congratulations!
As compared to our first visit in 2010, we have noticed that a couple of bars were closed, as well as the villas’ restaurant (not the Nefertiti one), which was a nice supplementary option to the White Cruiser restaurant. Of course, in the context of the current situation in Egypt and low business activity this is reasonable and can be understood. This is just a nostalgic remark. I am sure the bars and the restaurant will be reopened as soon as the tourist flow restores.
By the way, we have not experienced any inconveniences related to the political turmoil in Cairo. We felt quite safe. We should bear in mind that Cairo is about 500 km away from Sharm, and they try their best to keep situation in the resorts region calm and safe. And despite the closed bars, there were no queues in the remaining bars. So, in this regard, everything was OK.
We stayed in the left wing of the Main Building (if you look at the beach) on the 5th floor and it was really quiet there. We were never awakened by anything from outside during our stay. And this is another plus at this hotel as compared to other hotels in Egypt. Our room had a cheerful white-and-blue décor (it is white-and-light green in rooms with even numbers) which I liked very much. And the sea view was just spectacular!!! I really miss it.
I would like to specifically mention the Sheraton people who tried their best to make our stay comfortable.
We spent a lot of time on the beach near the Palms Bar. The first barman to greet us there was Waseem Estfanoues (I hope I spell his last name correctly). This is a special guy. I want to say that this is the sort of people the Sheraton brand in Egypt is based on. Most beach barmen I met were nice but simple people. Waseem is not just a nice guy but also a highly professional bartender. My wife had her birthday during our stay at Sheraton. On that day, while sitting at the Palms bar and enjoying the sea view, we had an impromptu desire to make colors even more vivid and drink some champagne, a bottle of which I had in the fridge in our room. I told Waseem about this. When I came back with the champagne, Waseem produced a champagne bucket and two ice-cold glasses (not plastic, real Champagne flute!). This would be normal if happened in the lobby bar but there, on the beach, in a small bar – we were impressed and grateful to him. This is only one illustrative episode. I also noticed Waseem was busy in purchasing and delivering supplies to beach bars on a vehicle. No doubt, he is a valuable multi-purpose asset for Sheraton. I think he deserves some sort of promotion. Sure, he can share his knowledge with other barmen and manage them.
Another wonderful guy we met at the Palms bar was Hossam Eldin. My understanding is that he studies at a University in Alexandria and earns extra money during summer time. It was always nice to see him – a smart-looking, happy, smiling face – a good addition to professional and friendly service. He is learning languages. Almost every time we saw him, he greeted us with a phrase in our language he just learned. We were moved. Keep up the good work, Hossam!
In the Hugo’s bar, which is the central beach bar, we were always happy to see Nabil Mohamed, Senior Captain. This is another professional I would like to mention. Even in situations when many people wanted to drink something at the same time (for example, after an animation event), Nabil effectively managed barmen so that people could get what they wanted without standing in a long queue. He always found time to instruct barmen how to better serve guests. Taking account of the August heat, he managed to serve cold drinks all the time. He even found time to take away empty glasses from tables himself. He is a tireless employee and always with a smile on his face. When he had a minute, he would bring us drinks himself and we had a nice (brief) talk about something – he speaks excellent English. I think he works really hard and, of course, he would also be effective in a higher position. Anyway, I hope Sheraton will keep Nabil so that we can see him again when we come to Sheraton next time!
At the lobby bar, I would certainly distinguish Hossam Hamed. If you need high-class service, you can always rely on him. I saw him working both at the lobby bar and at the disco. I would say that the disco bar is the most difficult to work at. The disco atmosphere, naturally, prompts people to drink more. Many of them want their drinks as quickly as possible. Some of them, I would say, are quite drunk – this is the disco. So, a bartender at such a place, apart from doing everything quickly, also needs to be a diplomat. Hossam handled everything very effectively. This is another person I would like to see again when I return to Sheraton Sharm.
I would also add some compliments to the team from Philippines working at Sheraton Sharm – three guys and a girl. They were always eager to help and were very modest and polite. They added a certain charm to the Sheraton’s overall image, of course.
It would be unfair not to mention someone from the White Cruiser restaurant. Somehow, most often, our waiter was Ibrahim Nassef. We didn’t mind at all! He was a nice and polite guy who remembered our preferences and always greeted us when we entered the restaurant. I wouldn’t even think he was just a bus boy. Of course, he is ready to become a waiter. I don’t know what else he could do for us. We were happy to thank him with a tip but he put it in a box near the entrance to the restaurant’s hall – an honest guy!
Thank you, Sheraton Sharm! Hope to see you again!
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple.

Room Tip: Rooms in the left wing of the Main Building (if you look at the beach) are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Idalg0,
Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Sheraton Sharm. We were delighted to note that we have made a good impression on your second visit to our Hotel and that you are planning to visit us again.
Your kind comments were shared with the Executive Team as it is certainly gratifying when efforts are acknowledged by our guests.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.

Kind regards,
Aleppo, Halab, Syria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

service great , staff at bars very friendly , the hotel overall clean and perfect for vacation and diving with snorkeling are the best in sharm ,
also that staff very helpful at reception and restaurants

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Firas M,
We were very pleased to learn about how much you have enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Sharm Resort and we would like to thank you for your generous and genuine description of our Hotel reflecting how impressed you were with the service you received. We cherish your confidence in our Hotel and we will do our utmost to continue to meet and exceed your expectations. Whilst we thank you once again, for your honest posting, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards,
The Hotel Management

Been to Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!