First time to Egypt so not sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.
Point 1, in line with some other reviews, we were lucky enough to get an upgrade into the main hotel when we arrived rather than being in the annexe. I can imagine you'd feel slightly isolated if you were staying in the annexe across the road.
The room was spacious and kept very clean although I'd have to agree with some other reviewers that it's maybe a little tired and in need of a lick of paint (mainly the bathroom).
We went B&B but I believe they're doing all inclusive next year. To be honest, I don't think we'd bother. It's cheap to eat out and some very good restaurants along the beach front (we didn't venture out onto the strip much to be fair). The breakfasts were very good, plenty of variety and the food hall was laid out in sections and wings so it didn't feel like you were eating in one large canteen.
The staff were amazing. VERY friendly to the point where it almost became embarrassing after 2 weeks and by that I just mean they were extremely helpful and courteous. Never stayed in a place like it from that perspective.
The private beach was very clean and tidy, raked every day and the beach bar staff very attentive. The beach and the hotel didn't feel over run, cramped or crowded. Maybe the time of year but some of the other hotels we walked past were PACKED ... crammed in like sardines on the sun loungers especially the Hilton up the road where we did some scuba diving. There was a cordoned off area of coral just a stones throw from the shore which was also very good for snorkelling.
The scuba diving was both amazing and very affordable. £50 for the day for 2 dives and all very professional. We did this through the company Thomson recommended.
All in all a very pleasant 2 weeks, the weather was fantastic and we were very well looked after.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort And Casino Sharm El-Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'The hotel occupies a prime location right in the centre of Sharm el Sheikh on Naama Bay’s promenade and sandy beaches of the Red Sea, offering 396 rooms including 23 suites, in 42 bungalows. All rooms are equipped with balcony or terrace, bathroom/WC, hairdryer, climate control, minibar, safe, telephone and Satellite TV. The cosy standard rooms are located in the Sport Area, which is around 300 metres from the main building and 700 metres from the beach. The comfort rooms are situated at the Palm Area, located beside the main reception area. 50 to 500 metres from the beach is the Preferred Front Area where the elegant superior rooms are situated. Gastronomic facilities feature 9 restaurants and bars covering a broad spectrum of international cuisine including 4 à-la-carte restaurants (thereunder a French and an Italian one) and the famous Beach BBQ. 24-hour room service is provided. The hotel’s expansive grounds and sports facilities ensure active guests have plenty to do. Newly built Thai Spa and wellness center, 4 tennis courts, children club, SUBEX diving centre, parasailing, various water sports, volleyball, horse/camel riding, safaris, jeep, quad and boat trips are offered. The Maritim Jolie Ville golf course is approx. 7 km from the hotel. Two pools (one with seawater and one with freshwater) are amidst the landscaped gardens. Kids will enjoy their time in the holiday club, open the whole year through for children from 4 to 12 years. Bakery, shops, bank, limousine service and a doctor in house are also offered. Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino occupies a conference centre, built on 3.000 m² of land, consisting of 7 meeting rooms, the biggest of which can accommodate up to 500 persons. All meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology. Besides, the “Casino Royale” is operated by Casinos Austria International and located opposite the hotel. Business hours of reception: 24/7 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.