“Another great stay at Novotel Palm” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 32, Egypt   |
Ranked #72 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Hong Kong, China
“Another great stay at Novotel Palm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I come diving here a few times a year and always choose to stay at the Novotel Palm even though there are cheaper places to book. That's because the rooms are clean and spacious, the service is always great, the ambience relaxing and the front desk staff extremely welcoming, efficient and friendly. It is a very easy walk across the road to the beach and along the promenade in to town but far enough away (mostly) from the thumping base of the night clubs. Thanks for making me so welcome yet again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ehab A, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Mez65,

Thank you for visiting Trip Advisor. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for taking your time and write your positive comments about your recent stay at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh.

It is always a great pleasure to receive feedback from satisfied guest. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity; such comments are very valuable for our team as they represent a very important tool of measuring our performance and improving our level of services where necessary.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.

Front Office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first

Very nice hotel
clear huge green gardens
clean, comfortable rooms
THE best bed everrrrrr
very nice high quality, variety of food
great service
good pool
near sea, near center
it was just a great vacation

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ehab A, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Beach and Palm Resort.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As we checked in, Mohamed at the reception desk told me, we have been upgraded to a large family room with no extra cost. Wow that was a positive sign to begin with.

This hotel is around 5 years old, and the design is simple yet so disables, family and elderly friendly.

Breakfast and main course food were delicious, but there is a room for improvement i.e. there should be at least 2 choices of soups, instead of just one, keeping Russian guests (majority) in mind, the food is cooked with almost no much spice or chillies, guests from the UK like me may find it a bit bland, and also in the desserts / sweet dish department, along with local sweet pastry, mousse etc, there were only three types of fruits every day, grapefruit, oranges and watermelon, and local dates. They added bananas, after some one from the UK complained. Still, me being a fish lover, I enjoyed the variety of fried and grilled fish every day. Beware they cook fish with all the bones inside.

The staffs in all departments here are so lovely and always greeting the guests with smile. Karim and his colleague at the bar by the pool side could not do enough for the guests; they were always serving with smile, no matter how busy they were. The afternoon treat at the pool side bar is very good to experience, as there are sandwiches and at least one meat dish with chips, with freshly made pan cakes and ice cream on offer as part of all inclusive deal. Local alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks are not too bad.

To go the beach, the guests have to cross the road and go to Novotel Beach Hotel across the road, where you can just show the towel tokens for the towels and use the parasol as well, as part of all inclusive deal.
Despite the menace of relentless smokers, the beach is kept clean all the time, you will not see the pestering Egyptian salesmen on this private beach, but the staff from the hotel will come and try and sell you the massage package. As well as a salesman from the Red Sea Explorer boat to sell you some excursions, but they are not too bad will not press too hard.

The only snag about this branch at the beach is that, you are only allowed drinks, not the light refreshment food, or snacks, I did suggest to Erica the Novotel rep. to allow the guests from the Novotel Palm to be provided with all the foods. I doubt my suggestion will make the Accor group hotel management change their policy.

About the rooms and cleanliness, may be it was just us who found the standard of cleaning of bathroom, toilets was not good enough, we reckon it is because there is no female staff at this hotel (and probably at all other hotels in the region) and the supposedly fresh linen were still smelling of cigarette smoke. This is because of the staff in the hotel laundry is smoking while on duty. As a strongly anti smoker, I take this very seriously; hope the hotel management will take a note of my views.

Probably this is the off peak time for the hotels in Sharm, so the evening entertainment was not that exciting, but we still enjoyed local traditional dances including belly dance. There were better artists in Novotel Beach across the road according to some fellow guests, where you can go and enjoy the show.

You can hire a taxi from the taxi counter from the front of the hotel, but check the price out side on the main road first (which is normally 20-30 Egyptian ££ cheaper) and then try and bargain, the taxi guy at the hotel will usually agree.

We found 7 nights at this lovely hotel was not enough, and will go back to the same, hoping the management has taken some step to improve in some departments I mentioned earlier.

Our hearty thanks to Novotel staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ehab A, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear AHappyTravelerFromUK,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort ( Palm Side) for your recent holiday, and for posting review on trip advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have succeeded to make your holiday a memorable one.

Your comments have been taken into consideration and communicated to the Management Team. Please be assured that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the complete satisfaction of our guests.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Novotel Palm Resort. Naama bay. 32, Sharm el Sheikh

We were very happy with the standard of the hotel. The room was well appointed and comfortable.

Our room comprised a main bedroom with a separate annex with bunk beds, which was separated by a door; therefore, we were given our privacy. Good enough cable television, with three movie channels, numerous news channels in all languages. The room staff were very friendly, charming and helpful. Fresh fruit was delivered to the room daily; the mini bar is stocked with soft drinks only and is not free.

The room view are over the pool and quiet at all times. The hotel staff bend over backwards to help and are at all times very polite and courteous. They do go beyond the call of duty to make your stay enjoyable. On occasion, language was a small problem and you do need to clarify things with the reception staff if an important matter.

The food wasn’t the most appealing, but not bad at all however, it was nearly exactly the same each day for lunch and breakfast. For a small charge the burgers, pizzas and pasta on the beach are a worthwhile consideration, £6.00 for a pizza and £7.00 for a lovely pasta dish. Good chips. Wine is not included in the free beach drinks, although, they did make a concession for us and allowed us to have free wine as well a selection of local spirits, beers, juices and soft drinks. Beers from the bottle do have a charge.,

The Palm resort is located on the north side of the main dual carriageway and not on the beach side, and is usually prone to cool breezes. In the early morning and evening this is fresh to say the least and light jumpers are recommended. Breakfast begins at 06.30am and finishes at 10.30am. Lunch is from 12.00 until 2.30pm. Dinner is served from 18.30pm until 22.00pm.

A very good experience and gets our About Chelsea four star luxe recommendation

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort for your recent holiday, and for posting review on trip advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hi, well as i said, I would review this hotel once I had experienced their fully inclusive package as my first visits were on B & B basis only. Sadly tripadvisor will only let you review the same hotel many months later so this is some months out of date! I decided on fully inclusive because I like a drink or two and as alcoholic drinks are so expensive in Sharm compared to other holiday destinations I felt this was the best deal for me.Well what can I say! not wanting to upset the many friends I have made among the huge staff force it was a huge disappointment! I don't believe that it was the hotels fault but the situation they found themselves in,The country was and still is in political unrest and this had a huge impact on the service provided. Fuel supply problems meant that food and drink supplies were not delivered leaving the hotel short on essentials., As a vegetarian I don't need much but they ran out of dough for pizza,cheese and pasta - most of my staples! They also ran out of beer on tap for two nights, vodka and cola leaving me no other option than a gin and tonic - "sorry tonic is not fully inc" so I had to have gin and sprite yuck! They had cans of beer and cola in the fridge at the bar but these were not offered as they do not come under fully inc as they are not the cheaper on tap versions - note to management - we have paid huge amounts of money for fully inc if you run out of the on tap supplies then you should offer us the alternatives in the fridge to avoid disappointment and upset! And again to management you need to sort out your staffing levels during the busy periods ie Ramadan and Eid - I was here for both and the restaurant staff and bar staff simply could not cope with demand! I had finished my starter and main course at my evening meal before the wine I had requested upon arrival was received and only then after 4 requests! May I suggest Salem becomes a dedicated supplier of drinks in the busy periods? Having said all this, you will not find a better hotel in Naama Bay - the staff and management are second to none. They all work ridiculously long hours but always strive to make your holiday the best you have ever had and nothing is too much trouble for any of them - you need anything and they will do their uppermost to give it to you. The hotel and grounds are impeccably clean and well maintained and you will never find a friendlier team at your disposal. Would I go again? you bet I would it is a sanctuary of heaven on earth!

Room Tip: Palm side is tranquility at its best
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ehab A, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Veggiegirlc,

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have just come back from an 8 day, all inclusive, stay at the Novotel Palm. We found Novotel Palm to be lovely and spacious, great staff who were always helpful and smiling. Bazouka (kid's club rep) was really good and organised climbing or scootering/roller blading, disco, magic etc. The rooms were nice (we had a family room) with comfortable beds. No kettle to make tea/coffee but had a TV with English channels. Large shower (no bath) and clean. Food was quite good (first time on an all inclusive). Pools are heated, clean and lovely. Snorkelling was amazing and the Novotel has a good reef although the bit close to the shoreline has suffered. Although have to cross the busy road to the beach they have a lollipop man to stop the traffic so no problem. Palm side much more spacious and newer with 3 pools.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool are extra. If you are a couple who want peace and quiet, you could stay aroun...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the trip advisor.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay ( Palm Side)

Thank you for your comment about the kettle and this is to confirm that we provide a complimentary kettle upon request with tea and coffee making facilities.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Best Regards
Frøyland, Rogaland, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I and my family just spent one week in Novotel Palm, and are very pleased with hotel and its fascilities.
The area itself is very clean, and the gardners work all day to keep everything ship-shape.

Pleasent personell, housekeepers bother to make the little extra effort and form beautiful ornaments with towel on the bed. Nice surprise when returning from the beach.

Would definitely use this hotel on another occation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Arne E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.

Front Office manager

Been to Hotel Novotel Sharm El-Sheikh? Share your experiences!