“Amazingly relaxing week” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 316 Reviews
Southport
“Amazingly relaxing week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have just came back from Sharm last Friday. Arriving in the grounds we where instantly impressed by the area surrounding the hotel. Being spring time, we were welcomed by beautiful flowers which not only looked pretty but filled the air with a wonderful scent also. I booked a flight only from England and met with my Nieces who flew over from Dubai and Cairo. We booked a room and breakfast so cant comment on the evening food, however judging by our impressions at breakfast i presume that it would be lovely. (breakfast was very nice...loads of choices). We also ate once at Kababgy, beautiful food and very reasonable too. shisha and mint tea at sunset in the cafe bar, AMAZING. The reception staff were so polite and attentive( Mr Kareem and all the guys) everything was very pleasant. Housekeeping couldn't do enough, always asking if everything was OK. We always used Beach 1 ( Emaad at the bar and Abd Alah on the beach were very friendly and polite).The pool was beautiful and clean. I am already looking at booking a holiday to go back in September with my family and friends to celebrate my birthday. Thank you all very much for making our stay so great. Azz

Room Tip: Treat staff with respect as they work very long and hard hours....Our rooms were on the top floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Z0Za,
Thank you very much for your comments.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be certainly looking forward to welcome you back in September with your family.
I am very lucky to have such a nice employees working with me and it make a great difference for our guests.
Sincerely your and pleased to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Movenpick Hotel in Sharm el sheik.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The beaches along the hotel were amazing. Internet Wifi was free of charge. The buffets were various and tasty. The room and bathroom were very clean and nice decorated. The resort itself is absolutely stunning. The pool was beautiful and clean.

We very much recommend this place and may be back again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Ivisa7.
Thank you very much for your comments.
We are all very happy that you enjoy your stay with us and are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent 3 nights in Mövenpick Sharm Elsheikh with my wife. Generally I can say that it's a good hotel and I would recommend it despite the few things that I didn't like so much.

Firstly the hotel is on Naama Bay however it's a bit far away from the shopping / nightlife area, the distance is around 2 KMs however because it's on a mountain so it will not be very easy to walk. Despite that, the view at night of Naama busy streets is amazing from the hotel. They have only 1 shuttle bus on 9 PM to take residents to Naama and gets them back by 11PM which limited my day somehow.

For the beach, they have 4 wonderful private beaches however because the hotel is on a mountain, expect lots of stairs going up and down.

The room is quite small however all rooms are having direct sea view. Room amenities are quite good but it needs some refurbishment.

I was on B&B basis.. breakfast was generally very good with lots of varieties which was very good.

Staff generally are polite and helpful whenever needed.

They offered me free shuttling to the bus station which you don't get in many other hotels.

Room Tip: Try to take a room with bigger balcony as all the rooms are not the same
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Khalifa 85,
Thank you very much for your posting.
It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The fact that the hotel is built on the mountain makes it that all room have a beautiful sea view. yes, there is quit a few stairs in the hotel but 2 lifts are available each side of the building.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our free shuttle to the main bus station. We are always ready to help our guests in anyway we can.
Looking forward to welcome you back very soon and to meet you personally.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Large hotel resort,nice beaches,in a good location,short cab ride into the Bay Area
Don't expect 5 star,more 3 plus,stayed for one week all inclusive as didn't really want to run around just chill.
Arrival,check in ok quite pleasant requested a high room after looking at reviews,but hell of a lot of steps and walking to get anywhere in this place due to the size and hill it is built on,most of area like that anyway.
Rooms adequate could do with a refurb though ,quite dated ,bathrooms ,how come they can never get a shower door that doesn't leak all over the floor?,and the sink design allows for a build up of dirt and scum under the top which needs addressing suggest a deep clean in this area once a week,oh and standard old signs re Help environment with towel usage ,but not a plug hole that stays shut so you have to run the water all the time,you would assume that the staff who clean the rooms would notice these faults and report it to be repaired but alas no system seems to be in place,why should the guest have to keep asking for simple things in the room to be fixed when housekeeping should be doing it,did move room to lower level and it was kept really clean considering.
Pool large,no problem with getting beds plenty around,and on the beaches,just don't expect any service from waiters at any of the bars at beach or pool seems an effort for them to walk around and even ask if you would like a drink,be prepared to have to get it your self ,that's even after tipping they just ain't interested and abit rude.
The staff in main restuarant where really good,hard working and polite,perhaps they should train the pool bar staff or put their manager there.Food ,considering mass catering wasn't bad bit repetitive,but did themed nights ie French night,seafood night etc,all that changed on these nights though was the soup,and potatoes you guess it ,onion soup and potato dauphinois (French night),seafood soup etc on that night not a prawn in sight,and international night,well guess that was what was ever left over,became fun guessing what the change would be.Did try Indian and other restuarants there but not a lot to write home about,all in all adequate.
The barmen at the gazebo bar where pleasant and attentive and the live singer there brilliant.
Did the spa staff good,massage good but abit grubby needs updating should take a leaf from the hilton spa at Karnak brilliant place.
Just got the feeling everyone was going through the motions and was an effort for people to do anything for you perhaps a team building excersise is needed to lift the spirits from the top down.
Apart from that middle of the road,and ok for a week,better places around don't think would bother going back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear redruss789,
Thank you very much for your posting and for your very constructive comments that have been discussed with my colleagues.
I am happy that you enjoyed enjoyed the employees and service in the main restaurant and have passed the message to them.
We are working presently on a set of new theme nights and I am sure that you would find some positive change if you decide to give us a second chance.
Looking forward to welcome you back and to meet you personally.
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was my third trip to Sharm, but my visit time staying at the Moevenpick. The Moevenpick anywhere is generally very good, so I was looking forward to my week at the beach. I had carefully selected this hotel because of its private beaches, and wasn't disappointed. Trust me, if you travel the M/E you really do need a private beach, otherwise you are subjected to unpleasant attention and stares from the locals. My room overlooked the ocean, and the view was great, just what I wanted. Staff were very helpful, I managed to get a late check-out which I very much appreciated because my flight was not due to leave until early evening. I also managed to negotiate a fantastic price for a package of 3 massages on the beach, and was very happy with this. But be prepared to negotiate, otherwise the spa prices are way too expensive, and they will eventually do you a good deal. My only disappointment would have to be the lack of an infinity pool. Unfortunately, there is only one pool, and although it is very large, I much prefer having the choice of an adults only infinity pool. The breakfast is fine, I especially enjoyed the selection of fresh juices available every morning. I guess, my only criticism here would be a lack of pork bacon. As usual in the M/E it will inevitably be beef or turkey bacon. Yuck. Some five star hotels do, however, have pork bacon. And, seeing as when I was there the clientele was mostly Western, I'm sure that addition of pork bacon with breakfast would be welcomed. The Rangoli Indian restaurant is amazing. The best Indian food I have had outside of India. Overall, a very pleasant hotel. Would I stay here again? Yes. Most definitely. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want a view (and they are stunning) chose a room on the fourth floor, there are elevators so...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear niki_jane,
Thank you very much indeed for your nice comments that I shared with my colleagues.
I took good note of you remark about the Spa as well!
Unfortunately, pork is not served in any hotel in Egypt due to respect to local culture.I certainely do miss it myself as well.
I am happy you enjoyed the Rangoli Restaurant. It is considered by a lot of people one of the best restaurant in Sharm El Sheikh.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.
best regards
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We recently returned from our first time staying at Movenenpick Resort in Sharm. This hotel was beautifully situated up on a hill with 4 secluded beaches. They also had a large clean pool which was nice to lay out by after a day at the beach or if you want a break from the sand. The staff were all very friendly--even when they tried to sell some extra services they were polite when you declined. We really enjoyed this hotel because the beaches were clean, the staff (Samr @ the pool restaurant was a joy!) and the facility was kept up. I can't say the food was great but no one got sick which is big plus in Egypt. We would return here for the people, the beaches and the facilities.
The Red Sea is AMAZING....crystal clear water with beautiful fish! A must see.

Room Tip: We had two rooms with a connecting door for our two older kids and us. It was plenty of room for all...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Leddy215,
So nice to see that you have enjoyed your stay so much.
I have passed on my comments to the team and we are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.
The people, the beaches and the facilities are waiting for you.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

we booked 7 nights all inclusive in Movenpick resort Sharm El Sheikh. the room was very nice and facing sea. The reason we choose this hotel was because it has 5 restaurants. but when we arrived hotel, was told the all inclusive package only allow us to eat in 1 buffet restaurant and pool resaturant. they give only 1 meal in a lart cart in any other 3 restaurants. we chosed in Indian restaurant, but the food was not tasty at all. nice enviroment and service. also my husband had bad stamache caused by eating Salard. alots of flys when we have meal in restauarant. we have cover the food by napkin. entertaiment was so so too. lovely beach.
very polite staff. very tasty ice cream. not sure want to go back again though, I think the limited selection of restaurant for all inclusive package put me off.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle L,

Thank you for your comments.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your nice room facing room and that you had an excellent stay in general.

All Inclusive guest can actually eat in our Liwa Restaurant in the evening when we have a different theme buffet every night (Oriental, Asian, Tex-Mex, French and so on).

They can eat as well one evening either in our Rangoli Indian Restaurant or in our Kebabgy Oriental Restaurant.

For lunch, they have the choice between our buffet in the Liwa Restaurant or a la carte meal either in the Pool Restaurant or in La Brise Grill.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again and will personally make sure that you have a better eating experience with us.

Best regards

Been to Moevenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!