You added Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort to your Saves list
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 stars 1,715 Reviews
Gloucester
“Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel twice before, however normally go b&b. I really don't know what people are complaining about. Staff are really friendly at the hotel, everywhere is very clean. Drinks were available until midnight, you could always get some food either in the restaurant or a snack. Had a lovely time, our pool man saved our sunbeds for us, came round offering is cold flannels to cool us down and also cleaned our sun glasses! I really don't think the hotel deserves to be slated the way it has been, it's a lovely hotel and I would happily return.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I just got back from my 8th vacation in Egypt - the worst ever! We decided to stay at Renaissance Sharm, although the reviews at Tripadvisors told us not to, but we took the chance, well known that we were Egyptian experts and it couldn't be that bad as mentioned. Well... It surely was! As a family with 3 small children, we choose a package with all inclusive. But not much was included. I wanted to order a cappucino from the bar, and the bartender had to tell me: it is machine beverage, that means its not included!! Well... Can I have an espresso? No ma'am thats from the machine too, and will be with extra charges! He could offer me a cup of poor Nescafe of hot water and cheap coffee and milk, instead of the real machine beverages (that was more expensive)!! Once we had dinner, my daughter wanted snack at 4 pm, and they told us that snackbar is not included too!

And then as the other hotels we have been at, we took beverages from the minibar, as a part of the All incluaive package, but we got charged!! Really never tried this before. Wondering what kind of management they have.

Last but not least, the service is really bad, people there are working like they are hating thenselves. And they have a very very bad attitude! We were told that this hotel is a part of Marriot, but it can't be?? I've been to MArriot Sharm, and nothing to be compared with.

People, if you want to have a nice vacation in Sharm, try to make a better choice than Renaissance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was hit and miss the main building was of a 5 star standard but the service in the restaurant was well below sometimes having to wait 5 minutes plus for a waiter to take your drinks order while there were plenty of others just getting tables ready, the 1 redeeming factor was a the restaurant manger Saad he was so friendly and help full and could never do enough to see that your dining experience was enjoyable after meeting him our dining experience definitely improved

The main pool was always clean and if you tip the towel man well on the first day you can guarantee your beds for the rest of your stay the average daily tip for him was £20 Egyptian

The apartment blocks were generally clean and well kept but again the cleaning was not what you would expect at a 5 star hotel green mould around the rim of the sink was not what you like to see when you open the bathroom door for the first time.

All inclusive is confusing the rotunda bar is your safest bet but if you want a decent snack expect to pay for it as these are not included in the all inclusive package, Acapulco Jo's was a great place to eat the food and the service were great I recommend the jalapeño pepper starter if you like spicy food

My wife and I will definitely go Back to Sharm el Sheik the snorkelling is the best we have experienced and the added bonus was this hotel had its own jetty off the corals amazing fish right on your door step, while your there take a trip with ETS the guides were all hard working spoke good English and their knowledge was exceptional, a thoroughly relaxing holiday in all hopefully when we return the hotel will have sorted out the all inclusive package so that all inclusive means all inclusive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Have just returned from a month at the Renaissance and cannot fault it.
On arrival we were quickly checked in and shown to our room, which was fine. After a couple of days we reported that our shower was leaking and was given another room without a fuss.
The rooms are clean and bright and are cleaned everyday and clean sheets and towels provided daily.
The staff are first rate and very polite, a special mention to Saad in the Coast restaurant, he was immense, as was Ahmed, the pool man and Mohammed and all his staff in the Routanda bar.
We were all inclusive and didn't encounter any of the problems some previous reviews mentioned, bottles of water are included which is a God send and saved us a fortune if we were to have bought them as in some all inclusive hotels in Sharm.
Restaurants are clean and the buffet meals ALWAYS provided something to suit, even after a month!
The public areas of the hotel are immaculate.
Cannot fault this hotel and cannot wait to return early in the New Year.
Thank you to all the staff at the Renaissance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and I have just got back from Egypt after spending 10 nights at the Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort.

This is a beautiful hotel! The staff are friendly and more than helpful. It is very clean and the food is lovely. There is so much choice that you can't get bored.

There are a number of pools and the hotel is right on the sea front. There is a jetty that goes out over the coral which you can snorkel or dive off. The hotel offers free try dives in the pool too.

While I was there, I had a body scrub and honey massage in their spa facility. The massage was fantastic!

It is worth mentioning that apparently there is free wifi in the Rotunda bar which we didn't find out about until the last day after we had already paid for wifi. When you pay for wifi you can only use it in the main hotel area.

The only thing I would mention before going to Egypt is make sure you have travel insurance. I got an ear infection while I was there / stiff jaw and had to go and see the hotel doctor. £160 later I had two different types of tablets, ear drops and tissues coated in antibiotics in my ear. Luckily we had travel insurance so we can claim it back. I also got a stomach bug while I was there but I don't think this had anything to do with the hotel as my partner and our friends did not get anything and the hotel was very clean.

We went all inclusive and this is fairly new to this hotel. Instead of being given a band you have to sign for everything which is a little repetitive. All inclusive includes bottled water which is worth it's weight in gold in the heat over there.

We had a fab holiday and I would definitely go back to this hotel! 5* def recommend it!!!!

Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We just returned from 2 weeks there and we loved it. The neighbours were noisy and after asking reception with a little perseverance we were UPGRADED TO A SUITE!!! The food is good the first week and then it starts being a little repetitive, but it's normal with a buffet, I suppose. The staff is very prompt if you tip them, otherwise you have to accept some slow/sloppy service. The hotel is clean and housekeeping is good, very good if tipped. The resort is really large and you can dial reception for a ride on a golf cart to take you from A to B, if you don't feel like walking or if you have burnt the balls of your feet walking in bare feet on the scorching pavement as my husband did...
Snorkeling at the resort is super and the massages at the spa are fantastic: the treatment packages are very good value for money compared to UK prices.
We went to Luxor on a day-trip, it's only 35 minutes flight from Sharm, while Cairo is 45 minutes flight away. This gave us the chance to liven up our beach holiday with some cultural adventure.

Room Tip: If you want breathtaking see view, quiet location away from beach and swimming pools and half way fr...
Swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Renaissance Golden View Resort.
This was our second visit and we opted for half board on this occassion as we did not fancy a long walk in the 100 plus heat.
Did not regret it once, the food was 1st class throughout our stay without exception.
The staff in the restaurant were attentive without being a nuisance and I must admit to an average of 5 courses at each sitting.
Drinks were reasonably priced, although the water was a little expensive at 120 EP a bottle.
We were upgraded to a sea view room (60th) birthday, and it as superb
The staff at the 'Rotunda' Bar were a pleasure and a big up to all of them.
Thompsons no longer use this hotel so we traveled with Longwood/Peltours and they were exceptional, pity about Monarch Airlines though, paid for extra legroom seats but did not get them.
There were several young parties here but this place is more suited to the more mature couple.
I will sum our stay up by saying that my wife and I hardly set foot outside the hotel for the whole 2 weeks, it is that good.
The staff are amazing, the food was top notch, and the accomodations were large, very lean and comfortable, the beds were out of this world.
I can not recall a more relaxing holiday.
I would be happy to answer any questions about this delightful resort.
If the General Manager reads this give yourself, and the staff a big thank you from us.
Valeria, thanks.
We also had several wonderfully relaxing treatments in the SPA.

Room Tip: Just ask at Reception, they really want to help.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort? Share your experiences!