Sultan Garden provides excellent value for a Middle Eastern all-inclusive resort. We stayed for 3 nights, with two kids age 8&9, and never left the property. We enjoyed snorkeling right off the beach and playing volleyball in the sand. There is no shortage of outdoor activities.
The buffet was good, and the kids enjoyed making their own choices – especially at the pasta bar and desert stations. The daily ice cream was also an attraction to the kids, while my wife and I enjoyed the free drinks. Most booze is fairly low quality, wine from a box and whiskey that tastes like diesel fuel, but the draft beer is quite good. I didn’t see many people drunk, as people tend to be active and that is the primary draw.
I choose a family suite and appreciated having a separate bedroom for me and my wife. Our room overlooked the pool and we enjoyed sitting on our patio. Plenty of space and the housekeeping was excellent. The grounds are clean and well-manicured.
We paid about $100 USD extra for a romantic beachside dinner that was well worth the cost. We were met by two ladies that sprinkled flower pedals down the path as we made our way to a candle-lit table just beyond the surf. Two waiters attended to us while soft music played in the background. The food was excellent and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
One caveat is that guests have to be ready for the “East-meets-West” experience. Progressive Muslim ladies are allowed to wear bathing suits, as long as only their face, hands and feet are showing, while men wear western bathing suits. European ladies wear very little and often sunbathe topless. Each no doubt looks at the other thinking “I could never be like you”, but each can be proud of their freedom or modesty as appropriate. “Why can’t we all just get along” is appropriate here, and one has to appreciate what they have and accept others as they are in order to have a good time. And why not have a good time on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world?
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Hotel
- Sultan Gardens
- Sultan Garden Resort
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located just 5 km from the international airport, the Sultan Gardens Resort offers superb accommodation in the heart of one of the most popular resort destinations in Egypt. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, and is nestled between the seas and the beautiful mountain ranges of South Sinai. This resort has all the amenities you would expect of 5* resort including water-sports, live entertainment, fine dining, and easy access to local nightlife.The resort boasts 520 spacious rooms, suite and villas, newly refurbished and brimming with modern comfort. All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace with sea, pool or garden view. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available.When it comes to recreation and entertainment The Sultan Gardens Resort offers a wide variety of choices. There are four large outdoor swimming pools, two of which are heated, as well as a professional diving center, a variety of water sports from windsurfing to jet skiing, basketball, volleyball and foot ball courts, kid's club with jungle gym, two tennis courts, a squash court, an eighteen hole mini golf course and a fully equipped health club and spa.There is also a hotel singer and a team of professional animators who entertain you throughout the day and put on nightly entertainment in our outdoor Roman style Amphitheatre.In Addition, the resort offers you same day laundry service and 24 hours room service. All rooms come equipped with digital safe boxes free of charge as well as high speed internet access ports, satellite television, individually controlled air condition, mini-fridge and direct dial telephone with long distance calling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.